Were do you work at / work dress code?

ThayNerd

When I was an IC (individual contributor) developer at Microsoft I wore a polo & jeans in summer, sweater & jeans in winter. Or a t-shirt if I felt like it. Now that I'm a lead dev at another company I'm *trying* to dress better, but can't seem to muster the energy to iron, esp. when everyone else wears whatever they want unless they are Director or above.

Shorts and a t-shirt usually. Jeans and a t-shirt in the winter. I have to dress up when I meet with important clients. I work for International Game Technology as a Lead Designer. I handle all of their Lucasfilm licenses.

-John

I work for the Federal Bureau of Prisons as a supervisor. That means I'm stuck in a uniform all day (the supervisors now wear a white uniform shirt with navy trousers and a navy tie). The officers and other line staff get to wear a different, more utilitarian uniform. Such is the joy of management! LOL

That's why I'm going to keep working in the cell blocks. Plus, that's where the action is:) Hehe.

Black leather boots to my knees, stretchy navy blue leggings -type breaches, navy blue shirt..............not the village people,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but close. I ride a BMW motorcycle all day, and write an occasional ticket.

I do scheduling for 300 consultants in a Verizon call center. I'm in a windowless room with 3 other people all day. Can pretty much wear what I want. Most days its T-shirt, cargo shorts, running shoes or sandals, ballcap. Can't really complain. Sweatpants are O.K. jeans, whatever. Alot of times I come to work ready to workout afterwards. I sit here with my refrigerator under my desk and my 15" TV close by. Yes I have full cable! If I didn't have to drive 80 miles per day it would be perfect! The best is Fridays during football season because I already know I'm sporting the authentic Steelers jersey!

I work at home.

The dress code seems to be continually ratcheting down and sometimes borders on slovenly. I shave about once a week which might sound great, but for that once-a-week time, it's a bear.

I clean up nicely when I go out to meet clients. Don't want to scare them away....

We wear khakis and a collar shirt except on fridays when we can wear jeans and a collared shirt. We use to have to wear ties when a doctor would come to the office for in house training on our software, but since we techs rarely even see the doctors we arent required to wear them anymore and I aint arguing hehe. I work for a computer software company that makes software for chiropractors.

pretty much what ever (501st,star wars, marvel..what ever) shirt I want with jeans, as long as I have on my steel toes. days like today,dockers,polo shirt,boots..(meetings all morning)

I work for a desulferization company deals with steel mills worldwide.

I run a QC Lab

I sometimes wear red silk french knickers under my Paul Smith suit to protest against their

oppressive sartorial regime :angry:

Just kidding...........they're BLUE!! :D

LOL...PMSL! :lol:

I'm a Logistics Manager for a water / gas-pipe manufacturing plant, so half my day is in the office and the other half is spent in a busy dispatch yard... I *could* get away with polo shirt and casual trousers (pants for our American cousins) but I actually prefer to wear a long-sleeved shirt with tie. Puts me in a 'work' frame of mind... otherwise I might feel like I'm on a weekend! LOL

Oh, and steel-toe-cap boots just in case one of the 41 tonne trucks rolls over my feet... although I think the french knickers might be as much protection if that happened! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

John

See avatar.... except fridays then i can wear a polo.... but no jeans ever... I'm an AV and theatre system design consultant for on old engineering firm.

avitar.jpg

typically I leave the bucket at home ;)

I work in a plastics factory as a machine operator :D I'm a proud Union laborer. I'm a safety steward. I'm on the company safety team as well as emergency managment team. We are required to wear steel toe shoes or boots. We can wear what ever close we want to.

I'm the lead singer and one of 2 guitarist in a band and what i wear depends on where we play.

Most of the time they seem happy enough for me to just turn up on time.

I'm a graphic designer and I really only talk to the clients who don't need 'handling'.

If a company is telling its 'creative' staff to wear suits, it needs to get its priorities in order.