FISD Forum Downtime - Wednesday August 15 0100 EDT

Darth Aloha

Folks,

We are moving the FISD web server to a faster and non shared server tomorrow. 

Starting around 1 AM EDT (0500 GMT) on Wednesday August 15 the forum will be inaccessible for about 24 hours.

Thank you for your patience,

-Eric

Ok. That was painful.

The forum now resides on a new and better web server. I suspect you'll some performance improvement right away. 

If you experience something weird, diffusely bad, or an error. Please post here in this thread. Be sure to copy and paste or screen capture any error messages with the description of the problem.

Tapatalk isn't working yet but we'll get to that in the next day.

Thank you all for your patience.

-Eric and Mathias 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Still a few pages returning the access offline message.

Yeah. That's fascinating. I'll poke around later today. 

-Eric

1 minute ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Can’t access staff areas, newsletter, announcements etc

This is our way of telling you you're fired.

It's like coming to work one day to find your key card doesn't work. 

-Eric

Still waiting for a few areas to come back online, ((Weapons locker, etc.) but I am sure that will be there soon.  Looking forward to a faster speed!  Many thanks for all your work on this, Eric!  :salute:

• Like 1

I couldn't figure it out. I put in a trouble ticket with the forums software support folks.

Liking posts seems to work again I think.

-Eric

• Like 5

It's not a matter of the threads not being there, it's just accessing them directly seems to be the issue.  For instance, when you try to open a the E-11 thread in the Weapons Locker, it says it is "...currently offline..", but here it is, completely accessible:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/

• Like 1

I've had some back and forth with support... but I made the dumb mistake of not making the ticket as "site down" I think. That means they're being kinda slow about it.

For those that care... the problem is in how we display forum URLs. I don't know how it got F'd during the upgrade but it is indeed F'd up... .and I don't know how to fix it. 

Hopefully they'll fix it soon. 

Thanks for your continued patience.

-Eric

Thank you Eric and Mathias for getting us over to the new server, pages definitely load quicker , all threads and forums appear to be in tact and we are back to business as usual

Thank you Eric and Mathias for getting us over to the new server, pages definitely load quicker , all threads and forums appear to be in tact and we are back to business as usual

Whew.

What’s also nice about the new server is that the legion web team have pretty good monitoring on memory, CPU. database connections etc.... If we find that we are outgrowing the server we can add resources on the fly.

Or the next time there is a racing shirt run or some sort of (more) plastic spaceman drama erupts and the forum gets really busy :)

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4