TK20001 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (Anovos) (848)

Hi Andy. Looking good so far. Beautiful armor, well built.

All I noticed are the biceps seeming to rest a bit high under shoulder bells. (might just be that first picture)

Not of any relevance here at all, but may I kindly suggest to replace the undersuit from Anovos?! These are known to transfer the black color onto your armor pieces and your armor starts showing this. I am not aware of any cleaning method to undo this but you can find cheap black undersuits in most motor cycle shops. ;)

Hi 

good job on your armor ! 

You might be giving the suggestion to shorten the straps on your shoulder bels To reduce the gap between the shoulder and chest armor . 

Ref pic .

92973C10-8562-444E-836F-540DD11A953F.jpeg.bb4153143192f6e1ec5279a11ac3864a.jpeg

also your drop boxes seem to sit a little bit of they need to be aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

ref .CA5896FF-A671-4A43-B1FD-3AD651AA2507.jpeg.5ab2b153c42631c17c53d77308179c46.jpeg39B92BC1-F8ED-4368-A26E-7D5529B13310.jpeg.4f879fdb3c54a75be2223f3bc9f29854.jpeg

the staff will review your amor further but I think they will ask you to change this details ,

goodluck with your EIB application ! 

And goodspeed trooper ! :smiley-sw013:

Nice job on that Anovos armor,Andy!  :jc_doublethumbup: Tony or I will be with you shortly, but in the meantime could you post a clearer photo of the frown for us? 

U0GtcVL.jpg?1

There are a few other issues that will be addressed when you (hopefully) submit for Centurion, some of which have been pointed out by your fellow Troopers.   Speaking of which, you will eventually need to replace the lower ear screw.  It must be the flat V head slotted type like the ones that are presently on the top part.

dgKt1M2.jpg?1

I would also suggest eventually repositioning the thigh ammo pack.  The back sides equally spaced from the back edges of the ridges of the lower thigh (see lines).

QUQkUhj.jpg?1

T-Jay (Tino) is absolutely correct about the undersuit.  I can see that it is already staining the edges of your armor.

Hi

Thanks very much for the feedback, here are a couple of photos of the frown.
Does the screw at the bottom of the ear need to be replaced for EIB Status?
I'll get round to getting a new under suit at some point I've been trooping in it for 18 months now.

Regards

Andy 779a89f197b015e41649c84c6d44ad79.jpg6beb2934e84dffdc01b40b614d2e634a.jpg

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

The screws at the bottom of the ears will not affect your EI application, Andy, but will need to be replaced for when you take the new pics of this awesome set of armor for Centurion!.  Although it may seem like a trivial matter, the typical "Anovos overspray" on your frown is not in keeping with the CRL, which is why I asked for a close-up pic.  As you know, the higher levels are all about accuracy and the pursuit of "TK perfection".  Were there variations in paint jobs in the films?  Of course!  But for our purposes we have to follow the CRLs, which state Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area

pwyTAfA.jpg?1

I suggest using a toothpick and some non-acetone paint remover (like Goo Gone) to clean them up, and then you will be golden!

• Like 1

Nice job on your build, Andy.

Just one tiny thing I’d ask and that is, how far are the tube stripes from the cheeks? They’re usually around a pencil ️ width from the “cheek”.

1ccd57651549b8f92108f12e889f68bb.jpg

Best of luck with your approval.

Dan

Hey, Andy, we realize that the use of these decals is permitted in the UKG, but for the purposes of EI and Centurion it is not screen accurate so we will need you to remove the one from your left shoulder bell and resubmit the photos it is included in. (You can re-apply them after your approvals). Thank you, and we look forward to seeing the updated submission! :duim:

Edited by justjoseph63

Hi Andy, and thank you for your EIB application... let's get right into it!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos are present, Trooper, and your armor displays all the elements required for Level 2 Badge. Congratulations and welcome to Expert Infantry!!      :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by us and your fellow Troopers. Suggestions made here are to improve the overall look of your armor. If these suggestions would effect an application they will be mentioned in the below sections.

Really nice job on this build, brother, and thanks for the updated frown pics, tube stripes, adjusting the biceps and especially posting up the requested photos with the decals removed!  As you know, the higher levels are all about accuracy and looking your best, so here are a few minor things that could be taken care of to make your armor look even better.

The back to kidney connection could really stand to be closer in the center.  The edges look fine, and it may be just a matter of tightening up the center connection. 

Reference image 

qNcJFAL.jpg?1    akA5oLN.jpg?1

You might also do that on the kidney to posterior plate to keep it from protruding.  Looks like you have some extra strapping material there that could be tightened up.

sO389GU.jpg?1   J9sY6Bs.jpg?1  

Reference image

ZFnceI7.jpg

The thigh ammo belt needs to be aligned evenly on both sides with the squared corner ridges.  Moving them slightly (5-8 mm) should do the trick and not let the previous hole show.

ycs47BK.jpg?1  O1B84dc.jpg?1

Reference images

qDcWloP.jpg?3 V0S4HLR.jpg?3

Note that they are spaced equally on both sides.

Centurion Suggestions:

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

The return edges on your wrists will need to be removed with a little "Dremel love" and is an easy fix.  

CRL:  "No return edge on the forearm is allowed"

Reference image

vRASsST.jpg?1  XKuPOVI.jpg?1

The gap on the right ab/kidney connection will need to be eliminated, and tightening up the strapping should remedy that.

CRL:  "Ideally there is no gap between the ab and kidney".

Reference image

8dpb9JJ.jpg?2   RWOci5c.jpg?1

The rivets on your ab kidney connection need to be parallel to each other.  They look to be spaced correctly, but they are not lining up parallel like they need to because the tops of your ab and kidneys are not lined up at the top, (red lines).

Reference image

TFKafPF.jpg?1   nju4T92.jpg?1

GREAT to see that you upgraded to a quality canvas belt, but the outside of your drop boxes will need to be lined up with the outside edge of your ABS belt.  Another common issue but one that can be easily remedied by adding a bit of E-6000 under the rear straps that hold them on to the belt.

CRL:  "Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt".

Reference image

2KPSTyQ.jpg?1     44AWgMW.jpg

As mentioned in a previous post on your thread, the bottom ear screws will need to be replaced with the V-shaped flathead type as used on the top 2.

CRL:  "Ears screws shall be slotted, flat topped, countersunk and painted white".

Reference image

BUOqcTV.jpg?1   zvhaJpz.jpg?1

Your shoulder bells should be moved in at the top to where they touch (or almost touch) the shoulder bridges.   Doing this will  also help bring them in closer to your chest/back plates, but you can also remove all of the return edges from the bottoms if needed.

CRL:  "There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and chest/back plates"

1Suzgnm.jpg?1

Reference image

9Ro9sXh.jpg?1

The control panel on your TD should face up, not to the rear, with the "O" on top.  Also, it looks as if your clips are overlapping the panel a bit. 

owfpZWj.jpg?1
This is a very common issue, but would be remedied by moving it up.  You may also be able to do this by repositioning your clips, as long as there are no holes showing afterward.

CRL:  "The white control panel faces upward...".

Reference image

uPRZiXP.jpg?1   yYYZUVa.jpg?1

You have a little more work in front of you, but I have every confidence that you will do a fantastic job, and I look forward to seeing your Centurion submission soon.  Now get out there and make the Empire proud, Expert Infantryman!:salute:

• Like 1

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK20001 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (Anovos) (848)
9 minutes ago, gabby7095 said:

Thank you very much for awarding my armour EI status, very proud to have achieved this level emoji4.png

It was my pleasure, Andy, and proud you should be!  You really did a great job on that build...an hour or two with a few tools and some E-6000 and I expect to see your level 3 submission soon after!  (Once you are approved you can add the decal back to your shoulder bell, ;)).

• Like 1