TK-10171 Requested ESB EIS Status (AM2/TM) [829]

Name = Carl H.
TK ID = 10171
Legion Profile = http://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=19744
Garrison/Squad = Southern California Garrison, Los Angeles Squad
Forum Name = cjdesign
Armor = AM2 / TM=Arms
Helmet = AM2
Blaster= Hyperfirm E-11 (ESB)

Optional

Height = 6ft
Weight = 200lb
Boots = Imperial Boots
Ammo belt = AM2
Canvas belt = TKittel
Holster = Darman
Hand Plates = AM2
Neck Seal = Veedox

Front - Arms at side:

TK10171_front_zpslrafb0eq.jpg

Back - Arms at side:

TK10171_back_zpsv3kbjpcj.jpg

Left - Arm raised:

TK10171_left_zpspfk6cmsa.jpg

Right - Arm Raised

TK10171_right_zpshhijybym.jpg

Right - side Detail

TK10171_right_details_zpsfij16nm4.jpg

Left - side Detail

TK10171_left_details_zpsprpj652q.jpg

Ab - Detail

TK10171_ab_button_zpss57ce2kx.jpg

Belt - Back

TK10171_belt_back_zpsmykgsltl.png

Shoulder Snaps

TK10171_shoulder_snaps_zpsvtfuqtja.png

Action - Shot

TK10171_action_zpsap4y8m1i.jpg

Cod

TK10171_cod_zpsbh0j0b6e.jpg

Cod #2

TK10171_posterior_zpso9kxwerl.png

Interior Strapping

TK10171_straps_A_zps6pn1tkzs.jpg

TK10171_straps_B_zpsb4wvxsu6.jpg

side notch:

TK10171_notch_zpsb34n1f5n.png

Ammo Pack - Split Rivit

TK10171_leg_pack_1_zpsqdpnxd5r.png

TK10171_leg_pack_2_zpsnrdtxrvd.png

Knee Plate:

TK10171_knee_plate_zpswvanznf5.png

Helmet Front:

TK10171_helmet_front_zpsvdjhmywn.jpg

Helmet left:

TK10171_helmet_left_side_zpsgzn6cyq8.jpg

Helmet right:

TK10171_helmet_right_side_zpsvk0qdojq.jp

Helmet back:

TK10171_helmet_back_zpsfxvramas.jpg

Hovi Detail:

TK10171_hovi_zpsvcsmq9v3.jpg

S-trim:

TK10171_helmet_s_seal_zpsrrh0hyml.png

Len color (gray)

TK10171_lens_zpsz2uxthl2.jpg

Blaster - Left:

TK10171_blaster_left_zps6eza218z.jpg

Blaster - right:

TK10171_blaster_right_zps0blyqtyv.jpg

Blaster d-ring:

TK10171_blaster_dring_zpszd5bbtqk.jpg

Neck Seal:

TK10171_neck_seal_zpshherf89t.jpg

Thermo Det:

TK10171_det_C_zpsdvdvxog0.jpg

TK10171_det_B_zps1nxrt9t2.jpg

Holster:

TK10171_blaster_holster_zps2c8nq62z.jpg

Handplates (AM2): satin with stitching

TK10171_esb_handplates_AM_zps7aflsa7x.jp

Edited by cjdesign

Looks great! It is obvious a lot of time and effort was spent on this kit. Only things that I may see them asking is for more detailed photos of: 

1. Rear of your blaster to see the D-Ring attached to the blaster 

That is all I can see that they may request. Good Luck trooper! :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Looks great! It is obvious a lot of time and effort was spent on this kit. Only things that I may see them asking is for more detailed photos of: 

1. Rear of your blaster to see the D-Ring attached to the blaster 

2. Close up of your gloves. They must be rubber or rubber-like. 

That is all I can see that they may request. Good Luck trooper! :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks Preston!

• Like 1

I didn't realize they had the rubberglove and strap method since I built my armor a couple years back. I don't recall seeing that option back then?? Hmm. I will do this for my TM handplates so I don't have to drill holes in them. Although most photos I see of screen ESB TKs have the stitched hand plates.

Edited by cjdesign

6 minutes ago, cjdesign said:

I didn't realize they had the rubberglove and strap method since I built my armor a couple years back. I don't recall seeing that option back then?? Hmm. I will do this for my TM handplates so I don't have to drill holes in them. Although most photos I see of screen ESB TKs have the stitched hand plates.

Satin gloves are allowed so you are good to go:salute:

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• If rubber gloves are worn the hand plates are affixed via an elastic strap over the palm.
  • If silk or satin gloves are worn, the hand plates have the correct visible stitching pattern using black cotton, with a five point/star pattern, equally spread out with 2 on each side and 1 in the middle front, and needs to be double stitched at each point.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Satin gloves are allowed so you are good to go:salute:

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• If rubber gloves are worn the hand plates are affixed via an elastic strap over the palm.
  • If silk or satin gloves are worn, the hand plates have the correct visible stitching pattern using black cotton, with a five point/star pattern, equally spread out with 2 on each side and 1 in the middle front, and needs to be double stitched at each point.

Thanks Brother. At the time of my build, the stitching/satin gloves was the ONLY solution mentioned in the CRL. 

Edited by cjdesign

30 minutes ago, cjdesign said:

Thanks Brother. At the time of my build, the stitching/satin gloves was the ONLY solution mentioned in the CRL. 

Any time:salute: great to see you’re going for higher levels and I looked over your app and the TD screws need a little black paint but other than that you should be good for EIB - great work and good luck :duim:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Any time:salute: great to see you’re going for higher levels and I looked over your app and the TD screws need a little black paint but other than that you should be good for EIB - great work and good luck :duim:

Fixed. Good Catch!

• Like 1

Nice work, Carl.

Just a couple of little things that might be flagged during your application.

It looks like the paint may have rubbed off of your side rivets.

16d8ac07ea98faf020047053d50fa73f.jpg

Ideally, your drop boxes would be lined up with the outer edge of your ammo belt.

f0a2fc90810c105f8e5a9d45773dbd9e.jpg

Best of luck with your app. Nice to see an ESB trooper in the ranks.

Best wishes,

Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks Dan!!! The drop boxes do align with the belt edge. The dropbox are floating on the belt and are just misaligned in the photo. I didn’t realize the rivets would be criticized at the EIB level orb would have painted them white again prior to shooting these photos. 

Edited by cjdesign

Hey Carl, Joseph or myself will be with you shortly. While you're waiting please provide the following photos: 

Posterior snap exterior

Waist belt connections (armor side)

Regarding the ab rivets paint, it is required at L3, though we like to see the painted at L2. That said, this will not hold up your EIB application.

Something also worth noting, those shooting for L3 have everything ready at L2 then we don't have to mention it ;) 

5 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Hey Carl, Joseph or myself will be with you shortly. While you're waiting please provide the following photos: 

Posterior snap exterior

Waist belt connections (armor side)

Regarding the ab rivets paint, it is required at L3, though we like to see the painted at L2. That said, this will not hold up your EIB application.

Something also worth noting, those shooting for L3 have everything ready at L2 then we don't have to mention it ;) 

Thank you sir... I was going off of the Photo Checklist for EIB... but I can provide all necessary for L3. Added additional photos above.

Edited by cjdesign

33 minutes ago, cjdesign said:

Thank you sir... I was going of of the Photo Checklist... but I can provide all necessary for L3. Added additional photos above.

To be clear you're not required to post all the photos for L3 now, it's just the more you do post it helps us prepare you better that's all. Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

To be clear you're not required to post all the photos for L3 now, it's just the more you do post it helps us prepare you better that's all. Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

Understood. Thx

• ukswrath changed the title to TK-10171 Requested ESB EIS Status (AM2/TM) [828]
Hey Carl, thanks for your EIB application. Let's take a look. 
CRL and EIB Application Requirements:
It appears all the required submission photos have been posted. Your armor displays all the required components for L2. Joseph and I would like to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry :salute:.

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:
In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections. We have a few areas to go over here so let's take a look. Looking at your shoulder bells first, there should be minimal gap between the shoulder Bells and Chest & Back plates. We're requesting you tighten the upper and lower connecting straps and possibly remove the lower bell return edge to draw them in closer.

bell2.jpgbell.jpg

Reference photo

Shoulder%20gap.jpg

Next up, though not bad the Ab to Kidney gap should be minimal and is something to keep an eye on. Your gap is within acceptable limits though at its max. Your gap will neither effect your EIB or Centurion application. As suggested by your fellow troopers please repaint your side rivet heads ;).

ab.jpg

Reference photo

muzzle%20flash%20shell-crop.jpg

Your TD is sitting very high on your waist belt, it should reside roughly at the center/upper section of the belt. Looking at the mounting clips they appear to be a bit small for the TD. Though correctly seated next to the end caps they should also be seated next to the control panel as well. We're suggesting you replace the clips with some that are more accurate in size.

td.jpgtd2.jpg

Reference photos

f609da44-0cd0-46aa-bfe2-66bb64f9f0a1.jpg

gallery_12157_59_134050-crop.jpg

Moving down to your waist belt, it's sitting a bit low. The upper ammo belt edge should be sitting at or just below the lowest ab button as seen in the reference photos. We're suggesting you raise it a bit.

belt.jpg

Reference photo

88b875e6-1427-49f6-a693-9f3b16336ed1.jpg

Looking at your legs it appears your thighs are sitting a bit low also, not too bad though. Raising and preventing them from sitting on the shin and sniper knee is suggested. 

thigh2.jpg

Reference photo

Thigh%20and%20shin%20clearance.jpg

Lastly the calf cover strip should stop just below the upper return edge. Please trim this down, Refer to the reference photo provided.

calf.jpg 

Reference photo

shin%20non-overlap.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:
In this section we prepare you for Centurion. If there were any areas of concern they would be discussed here. We have one area at this time that will need to be resolved before applying for Centurion, if you choose to do so. The drop boxes are to be aligned with the outer most edge of the ammo belt. As suggested by your fellow trooper it's recommended you glue or otherwise permanently fix the drop box connecting strap to the cloth belt to prevent them from moving around. 

CRL states: Level three certification (if applicable): Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

drop%20box.jpg

Reference photos

gallery_12157_11_5412461-crop.jpg

gallery_12157_59_37792-crop.jpg

That's it, a little bit of work to do but it shouldn't take you too long. Congratulations again on your EI approval. Great job and hope to see you at Centurion. :salute:

If you have any questions feel free to ask us or anyone here. 

• Like 1

• ukswrath changed the title to TK-10171 Requested ESB EIS Status (AM2/TM) [829]

Hi Attache... I came across these images while I was organizing my build photos and realized I built the higher up TD to ESB camera specs. I understand the above recommendations to lower the TD on the belt and lower legs, based on camera photo reference, eg. Han Solo ANH death star, other DS TKs . Shouldn't these grabs from ESB be acceptable for EIB/Centurion as well? I've already made the changes to my TD and legs, as described above, but was just curious. Cheers!

Screen-Shot-2015-10-12-at-1.40.39-PM_zps

ESBtroops%20and%20lobot_zpsvvjezxd1.jpg

Edited by cjdesign

2 hours ago, cjdesign said:

Hi Attache... I came across these images while I was organizing my build photos and realized I built the higher up TD to ESB camera specs. I understand the above recommendations to lower the TD on the belt and lower legs, based on camera photo reference, eg. Han Solo ANH death star, other DS TKs . Shouldn't these grabs from ESB be acceptable for EIB/Centurion as well? I've already made the changes to my TD and legs, as described above, but was just curious. Cheers!

Even in A New Hope some of the TD canisters were higher up but we don't believe it was the norm. Long story short leaving it as is will NOT hold you up at L3.  

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:20 AM, cjdesign said:

Screen-Shot-2015-10-12-at-1.40.39-PM_zps

ESBtroops%20and%20lobot_zpsvvjezxd1.jpg

I think this is normal. You see a TK on screen and say "well his is that way, so mine should be fine" but it falls back to one thing, you are building to a standard laid out in the CRL. This way we can get a complete "Uniformed" look as much as possible among the armor. If im not mistaken, the Sandy's are able to completely copy a screen TD, but that is part of their standards, every little thing must follow that armor build. Although there are several TKs in the movies that don't fit the CRL, they are one offs or are "trouble makers" lol just kidding, and are not the armor the CRL is built to. Best thing to do is follow the CRL, and then use screen shots for clarification if needed. I think your Armor looks great and hope you go for L3 with the requested fixes.