Rats first TK build (Anovos)

Rat

correct

So these are good? Just happened to have them laying around.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Wasn't sure if they were the right size or too big.

Just remember to paint ‘em black!

Hahaha! Yeah I need to get some of that, but I can't seem to find the testors #1747 anywhere. Is there an alternate or does it matter?

That is weird. That armor should be perfect height for you
Was just thinking on this and realized my upper body is a bit short so this is perhaps the issue.

13 hours ago, Rat said:

Was just thinking on this and realized my upper body is a bit short so this is perhaps the issue.

Copy

So I think I figure out a solution to the ab to kidney gap by using some of the included velcro elastic for that section. I am also a little confused over my belt because I have to wrap it almost all the way over to the end of the velcro. I may add an additional bit of velcro further over to solve the issue as I have an extra piece left over from my neck seal.

Sort of fell I'm having more issues and odd questions than I should and I know I'm getting good feedback, but feel like I'm making odd mistakes that should be obvious answers.

1 hour ago, Rat said:

I'm making odd mistakes

If I had a galatic credit everytime I made an odd mistake I could get another kit 

Your doing the right thing keep asking questions, we will point you in the right direction

Edited by StrmTRPR85
typographical
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rat said:

So I think I figure out a solution to the ab to kidney gap by using some of the included velcro elastic for that section. I am also a little confused over my belt because I have to wrap it almost all the way over to the end of the velcro. I may add an additional bit of velcro further over to solve the issue as I have an extra piece left over from my neck seal.

Sort of fell I'm having more issues and odd questions than I should and I know I'm getting good feedback, but feel like I'm making odd mistakes that should be obvious answers.

First off I want to echo Jeff's comment :duim:

Ab to Kidney it's best if you use nylon webbing on the left side, right side make the ab snap functional using elastic or nylon webbing then let the waist belt hold everything in. 

As for the belt if you have to overlap it that much it sounds like it's too long.  That said if you're handy with a sewing machine it relatively easy to fix.

• Like 1

First off I want to echo Jeff's comment :duim:

Ab to Kidney it's best if you use nylon webbing on the left side, right side make the ab snap functional using elastic or nylon webbing then let the waist belt hold everything in. 
As for the belt if you have to overlap it that much it sounds like it's too long.  That said if you're handy with a sewing machine it relatively easy to fix.

Yup nylon on the left and nylon snap and added one of the supplied elastic pieces lower down. I may need to do something with the belt was just hoping it wouldn't need to be drastic measures to do so.

I just did my belt last night.  It was frustratingly fun to see the ab come together.  I did my belt from imperial issue.

My advice is determine where you want your belly to sit ie cover an ab button or just below, as the belt snaps will dictate how high/low it will sit

• 1 month later...

So I've been busy and haven't done much with the armor, but it is getting near completion. However I am revisiting my rubies E-11 with some upgrades.b7fd2dd46b3cb8505e264d87b2e3dd77.jpg5ed9b5addf0aeb4ca99cc13122d395ea.jpgcf2576ed9a3fc0a08207d76c46165c8a.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Been a bit, but been busy with other things so the build has been on hold. I did however finally get my shoulder straps elastic and hard straps done, but one of them decided to wander a bit so I'll need to reglue it. I'll probably do it tomorrow.fe90dca210f0ff10a54503aa42aa5f41.jpg

• Like 1

Alright got the straps glued in but need to readjust my right one as it slipped a bit while gluing.e5c51d57f3a9e7b7be88a8d03b029f7c.jpg558bf30ba00e2c4912bdceb8f66cfcf1.jpgb8c5c664596af49710f2cec7dbb69ec9.jpg

Hey Jim looking good brother. Let me make a suggestion, I know you have thick shoulder however, regarding the shoulder covers there should be 4-5 ribs on the chest plate. In one image (left shoulder) you appear to have plenty of room to pull this off, on the right side not so much.  If you have the room I suggest re positioning the covers as seen in this reference photo. 

gallery_12157_11_894568-cropb.jpg.8cdb5875adf09c299d2a47e5476d3bb5.jpg

17 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Hey Jim looking good brother. Let me make a suggestion, I know you have thick shoulder however, regarding the shoulder covers there should be 4-5 ribs on the chest plate. In one image (left shoulder) you appear to have plenty of room to pull this off, on the right side not so much.  If you have the room I suggest re positioning the covers as seen in this reference photo. 

gallery_12157_11_894568-cropb.jpg.8cdb5875adf09c299d2a47e5476d3bb5.jpg

Thanks Tony. Yeah I thought it was between 3-4 and I'm pretty sure I have plenty of room to go with 4. Possibly even 5, but 4 definitely. Like I said I need to reposition that right one anyways. Perhaps I can get to that tonight before work and get some better pictures. After this I just need to glue my shin elastic and drill one of them for the bra clips. Shave a little more of the return edge on the cod. Thigh strapping loops for the belt. Paint the ab buttons. Then I need to tackle my belt and measure how much to trim and reattach the the velcro. Then I should be able to take advantage of the pre-approval thread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Excellent, keep up the great work

Will do. I'm just glad that I've been able to not break a piece or make any irreversible mistakes.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

I've got a box full of parts and scrap plastic, a reminder that junk happens and most everything can be made whole. 

Yes that was a lesson I learned back with my thigh.