Helmet or Chest

What Sounds Better?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Where does it sound better coming from...?

• The helmet?
    • Behind the chest plate?
    • Is that coming from...his groin?
    • "I Didn't Grab my Crotch!!"

Okay, well. I've seen plenty of people doing the sound from the helmet and from behind the chest plate; so before I start my build, I'd like to see some results with the flashy poll above! Yay!

Speak with your answers, and I shall figure which I will go with. Or "Answer me questions these four!"

I didn't want to just have a two question poll, and I had just woken up at the time of posting; so I added humor in.

And the "I didn't just grab my crotch" gag came from a stormtrooper dressing himself video that I watched last night, had to throw it in.

But on a serious note. I'm still wondering why people put it in their chest for other than space reasons. It just doesn't connect with me how it would sound like it's coming from the helmet. I can't really imagine talking to someone, when the sound is coming from their chest...however it would give me new reason to look at the chest while they're talking! "Yeah, your eyes may be up there, but I watch peoples mouths when they talk!" Okay, maybe that was to far.

But yeah. Hence the reason I put this up. Any more comments (pros - vs - cons) would be appreciated!

I currently have my speaker mounted on my belt and the speaker is so loud (when the rom fx is working) that i dont thinnk you can tell where the sound is coming from...

Ditto. Even louder if you do the motorola speaker mod. :D

OT . You using 9v or have you gone the 12v route Mark?

Ditto. Even louder if you do the motorola speaker mod. :D

OT . You using 9v or have you gone the 12v route Mark?

Im still using the 9V atm Matt with the nokia hsf12 car speaker but it drians the battery like i dont know what.. im lucky if the battery lasts 2 hours... maybe i should go 12v :(

I have tried both ways. I ended up going with a speaker under the chest plate that will hang from a "necklace" and strap around the body. I use it for several costumes. I ripped out all the electronics (voice amp, listening device, static burst box, battery box's, headphones) except for the fans out of my tk helmet and it was soo nice and light! Even the fans and battery are one assembly that velcro into all my helmets. Haveing 3 TK's, biker, vader and fett it's just easier to not mount everything in the helmet for me. If you plan on doing more costumes keep that in mind. Also the weight of all that junk in the dome was hurting the top o my head after beeing in amor for 8+ hours a day at events, even with padding. I use a boom mic that wrapps around my ear.

Okay, well. I've seen plenty of people doing the sound from the helmet and from behind the chest plate; so before I start my build, I'd like to see some results with the flashy poll above! Yay!

Speak with your answers, and I shall figure which I will go with. Or "Answer me questions these four!"

the helmet all the way :)

did you consider the groin beacuse you have alot of room down there or something? :lol:;)

Hah, no, far from that...

I think i'm going to go with in the helmet. I understand it will be a little heavier, but, I just think it will be a much better option.

Helmet, hands down. And no, you will not always get feedback from the helmet. My garrison mate has a 100% self contained RomFx in his TE2 and has no feedback at all. He did use some material (can't recall what kind) around the speakers though.