What do you do outside of your armor???

TK8280

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......Wow great topic...Besides Star Wars I have many interests. I love collecting DVD's I must have at least 500 movies. I am currenly on a quest to find the 1980 Flash Gordon movie, I saw it in the theaters but for some reason it has never been released in North America. I like Sports including Hockey, Football and Soccer, I am a Toronto Maple Leafs fan, A Liverpool FC fan, and I am a fanatical New Orleans Saints fan. I've been to New Orleans many times and love it and I have family there. I too like cars, my first car was a 1972 Challanger RT, my second was a 1992 Dodge Daytona ES, and my newest baby Is a 2005 Monte Carlo SS, with very low mileage which I just bought last summer I love it. I also like music, I used to DJ in the clubs back in the 80's while in highschool an in University. My taste is predominantly the New Wave scene ( New Order, Flock of Seagulls, Til Tuesday etc...) but I also like Rock ( Pink Floyd, Black Sabath, Scorpions etc...) One of the highlight of my DJ career was to do a consert in conjuction with a band called the Spoons, which was a Toronto based New Wave band during the 80's that had many songs that charted, including some that went to number 1. I also like Scuba diving and have done the PADI course but have not yet completed the in water final test. I do however have a recreational divers license which allows me to dive most places in the Carabean like Cuba and Mexico.

.....My employment is a mish mash of unrelated jobs over the years, after graduating with a BA from Ryerson, I continued to work in the Bar business first as a Bar tender then as a Manager( my parents were not happy). I majored in Photography at Ryerson and about a year after graduating I took a job with a studio in Toronto were I eventually became manager. Through the years I had the oppertunity to photograhy many diiferent things including commercial some fashion and magazine work, for a while the money got very good but it did'nt last. The Studio I worked for got in financial trouble and my pay checks started bouncing. Because the photo industry is very feast or famin business I decided to exit the industry but I still do some shoooting for various studio's in the Toronto area. I am now an Trader for a major Canadian Bank, I trade stocks, bonds and Mutual funds, It aint glamorous or interesting, and I don't get laid like used to, but it pays the bills and the money is getting better all the time. I just bought a Condo so moneys a bit tight that why I have not yet bought armor...but soon....Oh one other thing, I have Torrett Syndrome, but its a very mild case sometimes people won't notice for months, although it does flare up from time to time if im stressed. :)

What makes you who you are?

everything I have ever done, and will do..

What makes you tick?

timex

What do you do for a living?

I build motorcycles for West Coast Choppers

What other passions do you have?

American Motorcycles of the 30s, 40s &50s, British cafe racer motorcycles, Vintage Hot Rods, Punk Rock, Old School BMX collecting, Pre war bicycle collecting

Other Hobbies and such?

see above

Married or Not?

yep

Kids?

scheduled C section TOMOROW!!!! girl, Dahlia...my new number one prority!!!! :)

You Build Bikes for West Coast Bikes!!!

HOLY....!!!

Just for the heck of it.... how much would a bike fitted for an Imperial Stormtrooper would cost?

Y?know, with the imperial logo on the tank and the bags and looking like a swoop bike maybe... like the one use by Durge in clone wars but painted black and white?

Sorry to spam the thread but I got Terribly curious!

Just reread the thread from the beginning. Yeah, nothing's changed for me in the last four months, except that I did get to take my wife to Japan for a week's vacation finally. Met up with my aunts and she got to witness a traditional memorial service for my grandfather. That was pretty cool.

What makes you tick? - POP CULTURE!! I seem to have always been "into" the movies, comics, things that go with that. I can't imagine how boring my live would be without the fantasy.

What do you do for a living? - I am a computer programmer in the golf industry - lots of perks and I learned to play golf too! Lots of fun.

What other passions do you have? Animals, conservation, volunteerism!

Other Hobbies and such? Being creative, costuming, reading, art, music, travel, the outdoors.

Married or Not? Yep, married for 14 years to a NON-COSTUMER! Can ya believe it? At least he likes Star Wars.

Kids? Two very hairy kids named Gypsy (miniature dachshund) and Voodoo (doberman).

Other Misc . . .

Favorite TV Lost, 24, Prison Break, My Name is Earl, The Office

Favorite Music Rock, Heavy Metal, 80's Big Hair Bands!

Places yet to see Australia was to be this year until CIV was announced so that is bumped to 2008, Scotland 2009, Hawaii 2010. As long as my bonus check keeps coming! :D

I don't beleive I'm gonna give this a go but.....

What makes you tick?

My family and friends and a passion to see it all and do it all! Love my mum and dad to bits. Dad diagnosed with cancer last August so it's been an eye opener to me to see how brave and wonderful he truly is! Got the all clear in Nov, but there's a wee blip at the mo, time will tell.

Parents always had their own businesses so have been quite priveledged and had some crackin family hols growing up. Learn't to sail, horse ride, climb a little....

Hope I make 'em proud whatever I do in life!

Oh dear this is where it all goes pear shaped! I'm a Civil Servant and am a Recruitment Officer. It pays the bills, the people I work with are nutters and I seem to fit right in! Have been a CS for 15 years. Would have liked to do something like 'Spacial Design' or Engineering but decided that alcohol and rock night clubs seemed a more sensible idea at the time!!

Other than SW (since '77 so am older than I look!)? Love my music. Into all the good ol stuff like Whitesnake, Crue, WASP. Ozzy, Chilli Peppers, not forgettin Maiden! Can't stay away from shoe shops! Doing Photography at College at night at the mo - have been told I have a talent! Will c what develops :rolleyes: from there!

Love LOTR, Harry Potter and Labyrinth - so want to be Sarah!

And love to travel - especially on my own - makes you grow.

Other Hobbies and such?

My star sign is Scorpio - an let me tell ya it's pretty much all true., although I don't hold grudges just have a very good memory!!

I'm Australian by birth, born in Perth WA. So I have dual nationality. My parents emigrated there in the mid 60's and came back to the good ol UK when I was nearly 4. My younger Sis emigated there 6 yrs ago (she was born in Gateshead, shame!) and my parents hope to be going back for good in the next 6 months. Fingers crossed. So will be an orphan soon.

Hope to start getting my kit sorted over the coming months and all the help I've already gotten within the last few days has blown me away. THANK YOU x

Married or Not?

Not married!

Kids?

No children! Never ever wanted any, but lately...

Not at eloquent or as moving as some but it's a little insider info enjoy! Whose next up?

Michelle x

I'm Welsh and very proud of it. I hate English people who give me really original sheep sh?%$$ng jokes or comments about my accent. Which most love by the way. LOL

I love making things or solving something complicated or making something better somehow:)

I'm a self employed comouter programmer. Geek boy! Cool as I'm self employed so take holidays when I like (project manager permitting) Bad side of that is if I don't work I don't get paid. I like to take long breaks from work to train on my bike and to vac form loads of thinsg that I've promised loads of people I'll do. LOL

I absolutely LOVE Road racing cycling. I belong to a team and used race with elites but was 1 level lower then them. So it used to hurt LOL! I did ok though.

I used to race 2/3 times a week, race week long stage races etc and race in France but now I'm self employed I don't have time to race at that level anymore. :( Shame cos that DOES make me tick!

I like playing the guitar. I own a vac former so try to make stormie bits cooler than they are. Ear switches in our lids etc. That kind of thing.

I'm single but my girlfriend has a little rascal who's star wars mad. SO that's cool!

I like WWII stuff, and old military vehicles, got two pre-WWII 1935 Zundapp DB200 Light Reconaissance Motorcycles, and also own a 2005 Mustang V6, not much, but its an "oddity" in Europe.

Okay so I left out that I am a total motorhead!! I love cars - have had a string of Camaro's the last 20 or so years and now have a 2006 Charger SRT8 - I love it! 425 hp baby!

Cars -that's where we part company a wee bit sis!

Leia and I have both just realised we both have a passion for Jack and Coke and the everlasting David Coverdale from Whitesnake! What a heavenly mix that would be!

I'm Welsh and very proud of it. I hate English people who give me really original sheep sh?%$$ng jokes or comments about my accent. Which most love by the way. LOL

I love making things or solving something complicated or making something better somehow:)

I'm a self employed comouter programmer. Geek boy! Cool as I'm self employed so take holidays when I like (project manager permitting) Bad side of that is if I don't work I don't get paid. I like to take long breaks from work to train on my bike and to vac form loads of thinsg that I've promised loads of people I'll do. LOL

I absolutely LOVE Road racing cycling. I belong to a team and used race with elites but was 1 level lower then them. So it used to hurt LOL! I did ok though.

I used to race 2/3 times a week, race week long stage races etc and race in France but now I'm self employed I don't have time to race at that level anymore. :( Shame cos that DOES make me tick!

I like playing the guitar. I own a vac former so try to make stormie bits cooler than they are. Ear switches in our lids etc. That kind of thing.

I'm single but my girlfriend has a little rascal who's star wars mad. SO that's cool!

Race in Paris huh? have you ever thought about doing the "Paris Breast Paris" I wanted to do it this time, but don't have the funds, so, I guess 'll have to wait till the next time it comes around :(

• 3 months later...
OK all you new people lets keep this topic alive :D who's next? :unsure:

Me!

Well, I think my upbringing, and being a Scientologist. My passion for art and movies - I've always wanted to be a special effects person, and I'm always finding ways to express that artistic drive - building armor is great! Ever since I saw star wars, I knew that I wanted to be part of the movie/entertainment industry. I worked at special effects studio for a short while back in 1993 and it was THE best job I think I've ever had. Some day I plan on getting a job doing that again - I am truly an artist at heart.

What makes you tick?

Helping people, wanting to improve conditions out there in life - making things better. Educating people on their basic human rights (see: The Way To Happiness PSAs and Youth For Human Rights) Giving back to my community. And of course, Star Wars - just about anything sci-fi really. I like interacting with people, working on projects together.

I currently own a small outsource IT business. I've been in the computer industry for about 14 years now (see my avatar - I'm working at computer rack at a client - ok it was halloween! but still! :lol: ).

Sculpting, special effects, movies, animation, video editing, drawing, writing, music.

Other Hobbies and such?

Probably the most active is video editing, learning adobe after effects. Also working on screenplay with a friend of mine (short film). I haven't gone for several years now, but I love diving, have all the equipment. I also like RC vehicles.

Married or Not?

Nope, still looking for "Ms. right" B)

Kids?

Nope.

Well, I think my experiences and life have made me who I am. My parents pointed me in the right direction and instilled good values, but my choice to send my life in certain directions and the resulting experiences define me I think.

What makes you tick?

To boldly go where few dare to tread. I'm a reformed adrenaline junkie. I spent the better part of my life seeking adrenaline and outlets for aggression, I've been in combat, raced cars, jumped off just about everything. I enjoy facing my fears, and most would say temping fate.

I'm a partner in a cosmetic brush wholesale company and represent 90% of hi-end brushes coming out of Japan. After killing myself to make everybody else rich, I've been blessed with the opportunity to live a comfortable and successful life.

I guess racing is a big one, although my participation has ramped down over the last few years. Music is a big one. I'm a military historian with particular interest in WWII German U-Boats.

Other Hobbies and such?

My hobbies are wide spread and I have so many projects on the bench that the remainder of my usable life seems to be spoken for. I scratch build models/RC/replicas/props. Play guitar and have contributed to a host of Tribute Albums, Game Music and some Indie Movie scores. I'll build anything... usually just because I'm bored. Target shooting and sniper competitions when time permits.

Married or Not?

Married my soulmate. I feel very lucky to have her.

Kids?

Newborn, about 6months old now. I avoided this topic like the plague for years, now I wonder why I didn't do it sooner. He's the coolest, and he'll inherit all my junk.

Growing up it was my parents. Now, it's my job and my surroundings. Oh, and Star Wars.

What makes me tick?

Going to work, I need the rush. After work, depending on my current projects, it's music (I play bass) or Star Wars costuming.

I write tickets. I'm a motorcop here in Central California. I'm having a ball. I've always been a big ticket writer, and why not ride a new BMW 1200 RT-P while I'm at it. I'm 33 years old and have 10 years on. BTW, Quotas are illegal in Ca.

What other passions do you have.

Other than Star Wars..............well that's an obsession, so I guess none.

Other hobbies and such?

I have a 55' Chevy 2Dr hardtop I'm been working. Because of the Star Wars costuming bug I really haven't been working on it.

Married or not?

Yep, coming up on 7 years. We've been together for about 13 years, long before I got into Law Enforcement. She witnessed the transition, cause the job does change how you look at things. She could care less about Star Wars and says I "Live in Fantasy Land."

Ent = eyes, ear, nose, throat

OR

EMT = emergency room

ears nose throat, head and neck surgery..basically everything except the eyes and the brain... ;)

My family has a profound influence on who I am. My wife and daughter have changed my life in ways that I never thought possible growing up, all for the better of course.

What makes you tick?

My interests are all over the place, but the ability to teach and work with talented, fun and enthusiastic people all day really helps get me out of bed in the morning, that and of course the mortgage, car payment, credit cards, Sideshow collcetion, etc.

High School Art Teacher... best job ever! I teach computer graphic design mainly, with a film and animation course once each per school year. Along with my teaching duties, I was assitant swim coach to our Girls Varisty Swim team, I've since retired since our daughter came around and time isn't as available I'm also an adjunct professor of Art Ed at our local SUNY.

I'm a full blown Star Wars collector, this seems to be my biggest passion as you could tell from my "Star Wars" basement. I'm very into autograph collecting. Every summer (when I'm off...nice) I like to mail photos out to various Star Wars celebrities and have a pretty good response rate. Over the years I've developed quite the collection. I am also very interested in modern culture (movies,music,art), being in a High School all day I'm drowning in it. Teaching these students really keeps my job fresh as each day is never like the rest. Also, a nice, tall frosty pint of Guinness at Friday Happy Hour :pint1:

Other Hobbies and such?

Carpentry and household handy man stuff, gardening, Rebelscum trading, Apple computers, and most recenlty... STORMTROOPERS.

Married or Not?

Happliy married since 2004 to the worlds most understanding wife, she had they make me a Yoda ice sculpture for our coctail hour, custom made Rebel/Imperial cuff links, as well as set up our lightsaber salute for our entrance to our reception.

Kids?

1 wonderful, beautiful and incredibly intellegent little girl, she just turned 2 in July. When you ask her "who's your favorite?" she always replies "Yoda!" Also when you ask her "Who's Superman?" she replies "Daddy!" I swear I didn't coach her on that!

if I left anything out please fill free to add your own questions.

Hey, I'm real happy to be here, thanks for the warm welcome these past couple months everyone! :dance:

Okay buddy's here a little about me.

What makes you tick?

My kids, family and Friends

Architect and Designer

Karate, Horse riding. Friends, Cars and I've only been Trooping for 5 months...boy am I hooked.

Other Hobbies and such?

Graphic design, 3D modeling, Gizmo's ( I have several patents) Custom costumes

Married or Not?

Oh yes

Kids?

Two wonderful Girls 6 and 10.

What makes you tick?

A time bomb.

Train horses.

Animals.