Uxorious' first build - the road to 501st

Uxorious

No progress the last week. A bit off topic but I had a double 40 years birthday with my wife, and we had a costume party. A lot of things to organize for this event, but I would like to share a photo we took of all the guests.

I was Deadpool.

Hoping to asseble the thighs tonight!

223a2b86e93f72e4dac7a0a250ee0cc9.jpg

Sent fra min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Edited by Uxorious

Left thigh is done but the gap at the lower edge line is kinda big. Is that a problem for approval? Should I add ABS on the inside to make it less visible?

7ea5d45b8e9bbc17f0f876a3bea8c7a6.jpg

34 minutes ago, Uxorious said:

Should I add ABS on the inside to make it less visible?

Yes, it will look so much better if you do and some ABS-paste on the outside - getting closer:duim: and one other small thing, the coverstrip at the top look a bit long, could be the angle though, just thought I should mention it:)

Left thigh is done but the gap at the lower edge line is kinda big. Is that a problem for approval? Should I add ABS on the inside to make it less visible?

7ea5d45b8e9bbc17f0f876a3bea8c7a6.jpg

It should not be a problem for approval! However, if you want, you could definitely do a great job removing the gap using an inner cover strip and/or some ABS paste! :)

Sent from my LG-M470 using Tapatalk

I'll keep it as it is then and see if i trim it based on how it feels to wear. I am guessing that trim is mostly for movement and comfort. No need to put ABS and paste it if I end up haning to cut it away. 

But as long as it looks good for approval I will reinforce it with a coverstrip on the top and bottom of the inside. 

• Like 1

Being a tall trooper I'm gonna have to give the back piece the famous water bath.

I know that with uncut edges at the shoulder there is a big risk of them cracking... I have cut a big amount off but have no idea if it is enough.

I am also thinking that sanding then would be good to prevent weaknesses along the area I will bend. 2d80052d45cfbae6e8a9015624f440fa.jpgdb99a14a6f71b81a62596ac9575024a2.jpgf390f5d7f0932e41420f1eed8795cdce.jpg

9 hours ago, Uxorious said:

Being a tall trooper I'm gonna have to give the back piece the famous water bath.

I know that with uncut edges at the shoulder there is a big risk of them cracking... I have cut a big amount off but have no idea if it is enough.

I am also thinking that sanding then would be good to prevent weaknesses along the area I will bend.

Remove a good majority of the return edge at the top corner. This will help prevent splitting in the event you don't soften the plastic enough.

2d80052d45cfbae6e8a9015624f440fa-crop.jpg.66208e53772dbc52b9209e349fc8fb71.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uxorious said:

Yes, I did . Just don't know if I removed enough.

Looking at the photos I would remove more, atleast half of what`s left….were Tony pointed those nifty Arrows:salute: And...I´m soooo looking forward seeing you all suited up - you`re almost there:duim:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Uxorious said:

Anyone have a photo showing how much should be removed?

I would trim something like this, a bit shaky but you get the general idea:)

BLKFdPr.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Uxorious said:

Allright. Tnx. But now I am thinking I might need to remove more around the neck?

Allthough that part wont be that much affected by the reshaping.....

Can you post a photo of what it looks like around the neck? 

I have done some extra removal and this is what it looks like now.

Has to be ready for water bath. Just want to send it before I do it, so the edges are more sturdy. eda96d753ee02db91e300847bfe2a8ee.jpg55263e386410bd484addb8218eb0a3f2.jpg100d79a2871738ce89802c75bcc7e2d1.jpg