The path to EIB

TK 41307 reporting in.

I know it's not a troop of my comings and goings, out in the field of duty, but it feels correct to post.

I joined in April of last year, after much Hmmmm - ing and procrastination. After researching through several choices, I settled on my ANH Stunt. I had always wanted a pink one, but alas was told I would not be approvable no matter how well I built.

Fine. White it is.

I chose Mark with AP for several reasons. And felt him my best choice. I anxiously awaited it's arrival over the Christmas break, then Jan. Then Feb. Ugh.... (Apparently I've no patience when It comes to waiting for armor or approvals.)

Yay! It was here! Though some things were done over Xmas, the build began in Feb. With my Brother Barcoder leading the way for his Big Sister. We discussed goals etc, and I stated I wanted this build to have Centurion in mind. So when I can, I can submit with minimal work.

Our goal was to have her ready for Calgarys Comic Expo of 90,000 plus people. That was to be my first troop. (Go hard or go home)

We went hard. And I trooped the Parade of Wonders as my first time in armor. (Besides submission pics) great and terrifying way to work out all issues in armor.... Sheesh.

This is where I decide I'm building a Phasma.... Expo is end of April. And I finally meet my TK armor Twin Pyrates. In May I begin the inquiring and acquiring of my chrome Lady. After more waiting and set backs I finally get all complete armor parts for her for July. Barcoder, Pyrates and I begin this , First Order journey into chrome....

As we built Phasma, my poor TK has her EIB and Centurion goals set aside for the greater cause. Though I troop dozens of adventures in her, All the while it's in the back of my mind this needs to happen. Phasma is completed in Feb of this year, and once again, my thoughts return to my white and shiny Lady.

This is when I discovered truly how well Peter, and I built. I must give credit to my amazing Brother, as it was his knowledge, direction and instruction that made my EIB journey very painless. With the input and help of my TK twin and Garrison Attaché, we tweak my TK and in the wee hours of the morning finally submit the pics I've waited a year to do.

Dear Vader!!!!!!! I'm like a Crack addict! I'm glued to my phone. Watching. Waiting. Hoping for some news that they accepted me! (Again, I learn I'm not very good at waiting for approvals.....) Though originally I hoped to meet my one year anniversary with the Garrison and celebrate my armor by completing this first step, this honor comes after. At the year mark of the Expo. Where I did my first troop in her. I'm a sentimental fool really.....

Yes! It happened! I become EIB #709!!!!!! I'm elated. Only to later find out that I'm the first lady in our Garrison to achieve EIB status.....

WHAT???!!!! That just cannot be right! I was stunned. I'm still in shock, however it is true. Daetrin confirms this! There's a certain level of pride I know is vain to feel, but I feel it anyway. I am honored to achieve the titles, as well as be recognized... does it feel weird to be singled out as a woman? Yes. Because part of my selecting originally, was to remain neutral. Non recognizable as a female. Just to simply be a trooper.

Recently I visit my twin this past weekend, and as I've been working on all adjustments I needed for Centurion, I drag my armor along in the hopes just maybe, I can get his help with the Centurion pics..... Bringing my pink suitcase downstairs to his work area, is a beautiful presentation of my achievement of the first female...... I'm again touched and honored to be recognized for this.

My TK twin happens to be one of the FISD Attachés, and just as equally ocd/ detail freakish as I am. I could have protested.... There's no point, as he's just as proud to bestow the honor on me as I am humbled to accept it.

I know...... It's just plastic..... Is it that big of a deal? Does it really matter Teresa??????

The answer is a resounding YES!!!!

Yes. Silently and personally, yes. It mattered a great deal to me. The Centurion pics are away. And for the first time in over a year, I'm not checking every second to see if anyone has commented and said I made it. I have no doubt the armor will be approved. It is built well. Meeting all the requirements set forth that it can achieve. It was completed with pride. Joy. Laughter, and a love for what it stands for and for what we as Legion members represent. I have done amazing, beautiful things in this armor, met incredible people, and shared in so many unforgettable Memories. My armor deserved the highest level of care and attention I could give it, and best way I could honor it, was to complete these levels. I feel accomplished that it's validated and finished.

So when Tony or Andrew finally say "great job Centurion" I'll shed a quiet tear, thank my brother and twin, and proudly become our Badlands Garrison First Lady Centurion.

Do you know how frigging cool that will be????

I never set out to have that title, but I'm thrilled to have been given it. I hope this journey may inspire or encourage other Ladies of the Legion to try. If any ever wish to, I'll be at the ready to offer my support, understanding, knowledge and encouragement every step of the way.

Not just to women. For anyone. (I just happen to get female hormone weight gain, girlie body parts needing adjusting, thyroid conditions, things women may struggle through. I sure did! It was a journey alright. I fought hard to lose hormonal weight to fit this armor. My armor was my goal!!!!!! And I fought hard to stay in it. As well as try harder so I fit it better for Centurion. I'm still squeezing my rear into the thighs, and the buttplate doesn't fit properly for obvious reasons, but I'll keep trying.)

Please enjoy the pics of the presentation of certificate, acknowledgement and AP's armor.

Exceeding grateful for this experience,

Teresa

Soulart

TK-41307

Badlands Garrison

XO

4ea39fb499271ad7554d341566846b76.jpg6fa9368a3b403cf385158c68a68ff063.jpgf8814f5879dc91118e08e46c52c34d9d.jpg61186ba66340dc04ed81d8eaff7a1a9a.jpg8c4578ab7c04a9abafdf1523b097a29c.jpgea73638103d99e3ad7685581ccbf3bc2.jpg

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Edited by Soulart
  • Like 11

GREAT post, Teresa!  It's always interesting to find out the motivation behind someone's reason to aim for Centurion (mine is OCD, LOL).  Fantastic job on that armor, and you really worked some magic on those changes for level 3.  What dedication!!  My buddy Aaron is a great guy and exemplary Attache, and it's glad to hear that he was such a big help to you.  I look forward to issuing your Centurion certificate soon!

BTW, incredible job on that frame!  Next you will need one for your level 3 cert., so you might as well get it ready...  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 3

Congrats Teresa!  This is a really cool achievement.  I saw your phasma at celebration and that was a piece of art as well.  You and Aaron keep doing your thing and don't ever slow down.  Like you said, hopefully this will inspire both women and men to go that extra mile and go EIB/Centurion.  You have shown it is a worthy investment of time and very exciting.  Again congrats! 

• Like 2

GREAT post, Teresa! It's always interesting to find out the motivation behind someone's reason to aim for Centurion (mine is OCD, LOL). Fantastic job on that armor, and you really worked some magic on those changes for level 3. What dedication!! My buddy Aaron is a great guy and exemplary Attache, and it's glad to hear that he was such a big help to you. I look forward to issuing your Centurion certificate soon!

BTW, incredible job on that frame! Next you will need one for your level 3 cert., so you might as well get it ready... :jc_doublethumbup:

Well.... I was going to write about why I joined and chose the ANH Stunt, but that's a darn long story too.... And revealing of myself as a person....

I think those of us with an ocd/love of detail, find the thought of EIB / CENTURION thrilling! Exciting. Enticing. It somehow becomes a must.

Phasma being my second set, I was far more confident in my building skills. I built her better. Was more of a detail freak. (Peter Aaron and I are very compatible as a build team. We are all ridiculously particular, and meticulous, and each have the desire to build to the best of our capabilities. I thoroughly loved the time we spent together on that build.)

I totally changed my TD after eib. Was terrified to rip the bridges off, and even ordered new ones in case I destroyed them. I know it was mentioned I could leave them, but the detail freak in me wouldn't be OK with it... I'm so glad I did.

The belt.... I was so protective of my armor, I couldn't drill more holes. I had some anxiety over it! Finally Aaron grabbed it and said "I'll do it"

Noooooo..... You're going to drill holes in her!

(He sighs exasperatedly..... And has another face palm moment at my expense.)

"Do you want to be Centurion!!!!!!"

Yes.... "Well, then give me the drill..."

I couldn't watch. I went to go get a tea because I couldn't even handle the sound of the drill!!

Joseph, I almost forgot the forearm return Edge!!!!! I'm glad I caught it. I'd have been pissed off at myself if I submitted without that being fixed.

We boiled my shoulder bells to round them out more as that has bugged me since I originally built. My shoulders are feminine, and more meaty.... They did not fit well...

And I knew the only way I was fitting with minimal gapping, was to work on the task of losing weight. Grrr. Ive a couple rare weird thyroid/ Auto immune issues that caused me to gain over 40 lbs.... I honestly killed myself to fit my armor. When I first began building, I refused to build it to fit me. I built her to the goal size I wished to get my body back to. Some ladies have a goal Dress..... I had a set of armor.

I am please how the ab section and shoulders are looking. There's a bit more to achieve in the

Rear / thigh area, and this would be something I think more ladies will struggle with over our male counterparts. We just hormonally gain here first! Ugh! It's maddening!

It's been a great experience to complete this set of armor. Both Peter and Aaron have teased me saying after I have worn Phasma, I'll never wear that old thing again.

Oh no boys.... You are utterly wrong. I've not discussed what this armor means to me. Or represents. Or why I built it. They cannot possibly know. Phasma is amazing. And has her own reasons why she was built (that's another story), but Phasma is not my Original TK. She will never be what this armor is to me.

Is she just a suit of plastic?

Oh no.

Thank you for your vote of confidence!

I am looking forward to a matching Centurion certificate!!!!!

• Like 2

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you

• Like 1

Fab ;) You need a suitable FISD kudos title (Any admin that can sanction that?)

HA! Thank you! Chest bump? Fist bump?
  • Like 1

Wow! Awesome read and achievements! Definitely inspiring on all levels, these are the kinds of stories that drives me to become a 501st member. Kudos! :jc_doublethumbup:

Thank you very much. ❤

• Like 1

Congrats Teresa! This is a really cool achievement. I saw your phasma at celebration and that was a piece of art as well. You and Aaron keep doing your thing and don't ever slow down. Like you said, hopefully this will inspire both women and men to go that extra mile and go EIB/Centurion. You have shown it is a worthy investment of time and very exciting. Again congrats!

I am missing building something! The 3 of us really did enjoy the Phasma build. Peter is into a secret build, and Aaron is awaiting his heavy gunner FO. I'm impatiently waiting for the word that they are ready to get armor building so I can return the favor and work on their armors for them. I think while I wait for them, I'll begin my pink sparkling TK or a light pink chrome Phasma.....

Thank you for your compliment of my chrome Lady!!!!

• Like 2

Yes as a newbie to the whole costume thing, you covered a few emotions im probably going through myself right now. So big congratulations, i hope to get there myself one of these days

Tisco2k, you will get there if you want to. And if you ever need support or help, there's so many that can and will help you. You need only ask. I know some of these men whose names I see often, will be there for you. And if you feel I can identify and be of service to you in any way, you must ask me. I will help as best as I can. Even if it's just to share where you are or how you feel.

Thank you for the congratulations :)

• Like 1

Wow, Teresa!  Such a wonderful story of your journey!!!  You'll be at Centurion in no time at all.  Congrats on your EIB and for being the first female EIB in your Garrison!  (I'm the first female Centurion in my Garrison, so I also know the feeling!)

Oh, and your Phasma was amazing at Celebration!  :D

• Like 2

As always my twin, you have a beautiful way with words.

It's absolutely amazing what happens when we get together to make dreams reality.

I am beyond proud of you from all that you have accomplished both with armour and within the Badlands Garrison.

It was an absolute honour to present you with your certificate in recognition of your achievements, and glad my glitter work brought as much joy as you continue to bring to us.

I will definitely be cashing in on that OCD help when that kit of mine arrives.

Keep rocking trooper and cheers to the many great times ahead - you are nothing short of phenomenal on any given day.

WHOOO-WAHHH!

• Like 3

Wow, Teresa! Such a wonderful story of your journey!!! You'll be at Centurion in no time at all. Congrats on your EIB and for being the first female EIB in your Garrison! (I'm the first female Centurion in my Garrison, so I also know the feeling!)

Oh, and your Phasma was amazing at Celebration! :D

Hey!!!!!! How wonderful to hear first lady Centurion! It is pretty groovy isnt it!!!!

Congratulations to you too! ❤

Thank you xo

• Like 1

As always my twin, you have a beautiful way with words.

It's absolutely amazing what happens when we get together to make dreams reality.

I am beyond proud of you from all that you have accomplished both with armour and within the Badlands Garrison.

It was an absolute honour to present you with your certificate in recognition of your achievements, and glad my glitter work brought as much joy as you continue to bring to us.

I will definitely be cashing in on that OCD help when that kit of mine arrives.

Keep rocking trooper and cheers to the many great times ahead - you are nothing short of phenomenal on any given day.

WHOOO-WAHHH!

Awwww. ❤

Come on Anovos ! ! Ship that damn armor!!! We have things to do!

• Like 2

Wow, Teresa! Such a wonderful story of your journey!!! You'll be at Centurion in no time at all. Congrats on your EIB and for being the first female EIB in your Garrison! (I'm the first female Centurion in my Garrison, so I also know the feeling!)

Oh, and your Phasma was amazing at Celebration! :D

It happened Cricket! Centurion 335! Woot Woot! I was some excited I must say!!!!! ❤c0c9e678d9693efedd3d76cb0d79afc0.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah all those that wear the amour are family lol.

Sent from my Imperial data pad using Tapatalk

Yes. That rings so true doesn't it! ❤

Edited by Soulart