Anovos Death Trooper Armor

Anovos posted some pictures of their Death Trooper armor on Facebook from New York Comic Con. The details are supposed to be unveiled soon.

14525186_10154672341739214_3073077041426

Death%20Trooper2.jpg

DT5.jpg

Death%20Trooper%201.jpg

14525036_10154672358919214_5263016174761

DT1helmet.jpg

14560148_10154671500764214_2548850009816

Edited by Netliquid
  • Like 1

I always defended them - but it´s a shame they are releasing more and more new stuff (and taking money), but are still not delivering the stuff people paid for years ago.

Actually they are shipping some of the long delayed items. Vader, Luke Bespin, Han Bespin, Shadowtrooper.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think that this armor will be the one that will justify the "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" comment.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Wonder if we will be able to get it before 2018.

:laugh1:

Actually it probably will be scheduled to ship late 2017 if it is a premier line helmet. Any delay could push it into 2018.

The premier Kylo helmet went on sale late 2015. It is scheduled for delivery starting Q4 2016. These take about a year to be delivered from when they are initially offered.

If it is a standard line helmet, it could be available around Dec 2016/Jan 2017.

Edited by ggriffaw

• 2 weeks later...

They just posted on their FB that details for the helmet are coming tomorrow. They have been advertising that a limited quantity are guaranteed to ship before Dec 16th. That would indeed be a first for them. 

They just posted on their FB that details for the helmet are coming tomorrow. They have been advertising that a limited quantity are guaranteed to ship before Dec 16th. That would indeed be a first for them.

That's good. It will be interesting to see how the ones after the first wave are handled.

That's good. It will be interesting to see how the ones after the first wave are handled.

Wouldn't surprise me if LFL or Disney have had a word about how they handle new product launches.

Yeah $615 with the first wave expected to ship before Dec 16th. Helmet is made of fiberglass, painted, has a fully lined interior and falls in line, price-wise, with their other Premium line helmets.<br><br>

For comparison, their Premium FO helmet is $600 while the standard line is $250.

Edited by Anzo

• 3 weeks later...

They also said the second wave was supposed to ship by 12/16, all the way up until this afternoon.  They still had units up for grabs around 12 pm est, and it still said ships by 12/16 (both waves), and 12 business days from order to shipment.  Today, this is what I got from them.  

anovos%20chat%201_zpsdfuxdtml.png

3058388a-b7f0-4da9-b438-b0a24e1d103c_zps

anovos%203_zpsqt67gksx.png

anovos%204_zps5pdg1gew.png

So, first 12 days was "very accurate", then due to "the volume of demands", it won't be able to be shipped on time.  I don't know what changed in the last 10 days that made my order be further down than the "volume of demands" that weren't a concern until the preorder was shut down today, but I'm really not that impressed by how they handled this.  It seems they left the inaccurate info up long enough to sell their stock (and even now it says the same thing, but the product is unavailable), but couldn't be bothered to update with accurate information prior to the sale of all of their units.  I bought the helmet under the impression that I would be able to take it to a premier, as I'm sure 90% of the rest of their customers did.  I just wish I got a better reason for not getting what I bought (the helmet in time for the movie) than "volume of demand".  They could have at least said "hey, we're really sorry, we're shipping these (or building them) as fast as we can, and we aren't getting through as many units per day as we thought, so unfortunately, it's not going to arrive in time."  I would have been okay with that, as I know exactly how that stuff goes.  

anovos%201_zps0g2bztxd.png

And this is what was on the page as of noon today, currently the only change is that it's not still available, but the text is unchanged.  

I guess I'm just surprised that Anovos would make such a big deal about "in stock and shipping by X date" and then not deliver.  Especially when it seems they're trying to turn their reputation of "not delivering anything when they said they were, ever" around.  

UPDATE:

deathtrooper_zpshlhb1wn2.png

I'll believe it when I see it, but at least it does sound like mine isn't pushed back due to the nonsensical reasons listed above.  I also just found out this helmet lights up in the film, and there seems to be conflicting info about whether the helmet I am receiving will light up.  At NYCC Anovos said it will, but I feel like if it did, that would be a major marketing point.  For me, adding lights to that is one of the easiest things I can do, even if it needs to have some level of dimming control based on how it functions in the film (which I won't know until I see it).  

Yeah, that line about "... enroute to our fulfillment center, and anticipated to ship this week!" doesn't mean jack since their fulfillment center (to my knowledge) is in Southern California or Wisconsin, and from there they ship out in batches. Plus the "en route" part likely means that they are just now leaving the factory in China.

So if you get it prior to opening weekend, do yourself a favor - go buy yourself a Powerball or MegaMillions lottery ticket as well.

• Like 2