ANH stromtrooper reference CD.

Is there a reference cd circulating for the stormtroopers in ANH?

If not can we pull our recources and make one? We did this at The Dented Helmet about 6 years ago for boba fett and made a tree to pass these along.

I know there is a sandtrooper reference cd from Braks but I'm more interest in the recreating a screen accurate stormtrooper or 2 ........hero and stunt version.

Because of all the various pics floating arround It would be nice if these were compiled on a dvd or cd.

I would love to see high res screen caps, behind the sceen pics, LFL displays from celebrations, Any and all ANH stormtrooper including the shoes and what brand they are. what color paint was used on any part. what was the trim on the helmet(extruded by SDS) , info on H counter's, GRAPPLING HOOK etc. etc. etc

Aslo would like to see pics of the weapons the stortroopers used.

Would like to break this down into 3 catagories

1. Stunt

2. Hero

3. weapons

HAS THIS BEEN DONE OR IS ANYBODY INTERESTED?

PM me if you have something to contribute/donate. I'll start working on a master CD/DVD

it would be a neat project, thats for sure. I know there are high res pictures and links to them all over the boards here and I've got the Making Magic disc enroute from Runriott to attempt to break it open and pull the reference photos out of it as well or at least take screen grabs.

I think it would be beneficial to the community to get those all in once place though for our use.

I've got the OT in HD, and a ton of reference pictures too. An eventual goal of mine that is still a ways off is to make a reference section here at the FISD. Then no one has to buy any CDs, and people can download and burn what they want.

Yeah - having an online gallery is the way to go, and FISD is the place to host it. We can always package them as a .zip to download in bulk. I think this would remove the cost of having to create CD's, and also ensure that new pictures can be added easily.

Having this is one of the two big projects for FISD this year.

I've got the OT in HD, and a ton of reference pictures too. An eventual goal of mine that is still a ways off is to make a reference section here at the FISD. Then no one has to buy any CDs, and people can download and burn what they want.

That would be awsome too!

it would be a neat project, thats for sure. I know there are high res pictures and links to them all over the boards here and I've got the Making Magic disc enroute from Runriott to attempt to break it open and pull the reference photos out of it as well or at least take screen grabs.

I think it would be beneficial to the community to get those all in once place though for our use.

Good luck with that........ i tried to grab these pic from the magic cd and my computr did not recognize the files and said they were fragments of files??? Nice pics though

Amen to that, an open & free resource to go to :)

Great idea Brian :D surprised it's not been done earlier!

I'll help with what I've got, but it aint much :(

Guest TK-2416

This is a great project!!

Btw.. Has anyone considered making a book out of it?? Would be soo cool to have one on the bookshelf - nice pictures, background, the different fanmade armos... covering TK - perhaps 501st related.. Dont know if there is enough interested - but hey - just a thought!!

Good luck with that........ i tried to grab these pic from the magic cd and my computr did not recognize the files and said they were fragments of files??? Nice pics though

I have an idea to crack open the binaries. I'm going to give it a try.

This is a great project!!

Btw.. Has anyone considered making a book out of it?? Would be soo cool to have one on the bookshelf - nice pictures, background, the different fanmade armos... covering TK - perhaps 501st related.. Dont know if there is enough interested - but hey - just a thought!!

I ask Jez of www.starwarshelmets.com about it for time ago.

He like the idea, but we also talk about it will be hard to get a go from LFL.

I will really love a book, or a cd ref.

I got the sandtrooper cd, lots of anh storm trooper stuff on it too.

But yes its old now, so a new one will be too cool.

I have many good ANH troops pictures, kept on my computer for over the years.

I have also made my own little anh book.

I have printed out all the good stuff out, and put in a big black book.

Cheers, long life ANH :D

I ask Jez of www.starwarshelmets.com about it for time ago.

He like the idea, but we also talk about it will be hard to get a go from LFL.

I will really love a book, or a cd ref.

I got the sandtrooper cd, lots of anh storm trooper stuff on it too.

But yes its old now, so a new one will be too cool.

I have many good ANH troops pictures, kept on my computer for over the years.

I have also made my own little anh book.

I have printed out all the good stuff out, and put in a bit black book.

Cheers, long life ANH :D

None of the original images of my two helmets I owned may be used for this CD. I have never been asked, nor given photo credit on any websites. This is not open to negotiation unless the maker of this CD contacts me first and obtains permissions.

Thank you,

T*E

• 1 month later...
The CD or the book? No one ever PM'd me about it so figured this fizzled out.

The CD/DVD B)

I just need a few weeks of no distractions and I can get a reference DVD banged out. But I'll get that kind of free time about 3 months after I die.

Thanks for the heads up :) not sure if I can wait that long for the DVD though :huh:

if it helps I'l stick all my pic's on a public page on photobucket?? for a short while & I'l send you guy's the link ltr :)

The reason it would have to be on a DVD is my reference folders is sizable already and I only have croped HD screen caps that I use. There are a ton more to capture for a reference project.

I'd also want to contact the armor makers for reference pictures of their goods as well.

The CD/DVD B)

Thanks for the heads up :) not sure if I can wait that long for the DVD though :huh:

if it helps I'l stick all my pic's on a public page on photobucket?? for a short while & I'l send you guy's the link ltr :)

That would be cool. Maybe others can follow in your footsteps.

Actually, I've been tossing around the idea of building a reference website, starting with TK's and eventually moving through all the different styles of costume.

Its something I'd like to do, but I can't work on it until I get my damn armor done, which at the pace I'm working at will be sometime in the next decade.