Gloves! Help! Somebody, AAAAAAANYBODY.

Hey guys, I have GOT to find some new gloves. I currently have the "dishwashing" rubber gloves. They're fine and whatnot, however they make my hands sweat like crazy. At the end of a troop my fingers literally look like prunes. Not to mention the smell. What does everyone else use? Or what would you recommend? I have a spare set of hand plates (ANH TK) so that's not an issue. I've been thinking of flight gloves? Opinions, comments, help? Anybody! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cotton glove liners are a great help when using the rubber chemical gloves.

Personally, I bought a set of nomex flight gloves from Amazon, and much prefer them. The plastic hand plates and a little elastic is all you need to complete the look.

Cotton liner gloves? Anybody got a link to some? And unfortunately I don't have the plastic hand guards. Mine are the flexible material. I got them from trooper bay.

On 7/24/2016 at 3:06 PM, bmth chris said:

Cotton liner gloves? Anybody got a link to some? And unfortunately I don't have the plastic hand guards. Mine are the flexible material. I got them from trooper bay.

I'm guessing liners like this.

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I went with some grease monkey gloves I just picked up yesterday. I'd be curious to know what you get and how well they work.

I bought these a while back for non-canon events, and LOVE them!---------------  It gets really hot (and humid) here, and they perfect.  I also like the fact that the wrists are longer so the won't poke out of your forearms.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 7/24/2016 at 5:38 PM, justjoseph63 said:

I bought these a while back for non-canon events, and LOVE them!-------------. It gets really hot (and humid) here, and they perfect. I also like the fact that the wrists are longer so the won't poke out of your forearms.

I've actually been looking at those! These are the flight gloves I mentioned in the original post. I wonder if I wouldn't be able to put the hand plates on them?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The dish washer gloves are for approval and 501st meetings. The rest of the time we all find better gloves.

I use the grease monkey ones, which have worked well this far. These flight gloves look good too.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Edited by Strength
  • Like 1

Hey guys, I have GOT to find some new gloves. I currently have the "dishwashing" rubber gloves. They're fine and whatnot, however they make my hands sweat like crazy. At the end of a troop my fingers literally look like prunes. Not to mention the smell. What does everyone else use? Or what would you recommend? I have a spare set of hand plates (ANH TK) so that's not an issue. I've been thinking of flight gloves? Opinions, comments, help? Anybody! Lol

Either wear glove liners or white dress gloves inside to soak stuff up...but you'll still sweat lots.

Nomex flight gloves. Use elastic around wrist and middle two fingers in the plate or glue Velcro to latex and sew to glove.

• Like 1

Nomex flight gloves. Use elastic around wrist and middle two fingers in the plate or glue Velcro to latex and sew to glove.<br><br>

I was wondering how that worked on leather gloves.

Either wear glove liners or white dress gloves inside to soak stuff up...but you'll still sweat lots.

Nomex flight gloves. Use elastic around wrist and middle two fingers in the plate or glue Velcro to latex and sew to glove.

+1 for flight gloves. Not as accurate as rubber ones, but for 90% of the troops they will be just fine, and far more comfortable.

• Like 1

The nomex flight gloves are great - my hands don't sweat in them and they fit and feel great.

I also glued the JustJoseph latex handguards to them so I don't have to worry about straps holding them on. But I also tried gluing the Trooperbay latex handguards to the nomex gloves and they wouldn't stick. A little bit of pressure and they came right off. I don't know what the difference in material is, but the JustJoseph ones glued on and stayed.

• Like 2

Latex isnt always porus, or chemically reactive. That's why some caulking is printable , some are waterproof, some are both. I know CA glue on the ...German ones...stick to my chem gloves like...well glue.

Nomex flight gloves for trooping, rubber only for high-accuracy canon events and Centurion submission. WAY too hot here to troop in rubber. I know a handful of hardy souls that do it, but wow, more power to them. I'll stick with Nomex flight gloves!

Hahahaha! Isn't that the truth. I haven't gotten to ordering my armor yet, but so far a whopping $3.79 for gloves is by far the cheapest part so far.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The nomex flight gloves are great - my hands don't sweat in them and they fit and feel great.

I also glued the JustJoseph latex handguards to them so I don't have to worry about straps holding them on. But I also tried gluing the Trooperbay latex handguards to the nomex gloves and they wouldn't stick. A little bit of pressure and they came right off. I don't know what the difference in material is, but the JustJoseph ones glued on and stayed.

What glue did you use for the justjospeh guards to nomex?