FNarmour build thread

I am building an FNArmour kit for a a female friend.  This kit has had a lot of discussion around it and as far as I know this is the first kit to come to the US for review.  Peter Quigley has graciously given me a kit for evaluation purposes.   From what I can tell so far the armor is of decent quality but will require some modifications to make it more accurate.  One of my first impressions about this armor is that it is very large.  Since I'm building this for a female, the size will make this build more challenging. 

As we go through the build I will be updating this thread with as much information and pictures as I can.  Any feedback will be welcomed since we are looking at this from an evaluation standpoint.  

Today we started initial fitting of the armor to get an idea of how complicated the modifications will need to be to get the armor to fit a smaller frame.  We used a hot water bath to reshape the upper back and the chest so we could start getting an idea of how everything will eventually fit together and the consensus we came to is it will be very challenging.

Edited by steamboatphan
  • Like 2

The parts were designed to fit the "Most generously proportioned" of us.

It will be a serious challenge to get it to fit a smaller framed person but I am sure you are very capable

I will not comment anymore on this thread as it is not my thread and not for me to influence in any way.

If any person has a question about the build please address it to Evin directly.

Any questions about the manufacture or creation of the parts please personal message me directly.

This thread is for an impartial building and analysis for the community to see.  

• Like 6

Evin, the real purpose of these kits for review is to compare them with other kits already on the market. Any chance we'd get to see some comparison shots with another armor kit or not?

• Like 2

Yeah..was gonna ask that myself. Being that Ireland has been linked to this kit..we have had a few members and new recruits of the IG inquiring about this. Would be nice to get some feedback from the five impartial CO's who were supposed to have been given a kit for analysis...

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

• Like 2

guys, this is not a "recast thread" I'm simply making new FO armor for a friend. I will say however that detailed pix have been taken and sent in for review purposes. from what I can tell so far... not a recast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Looking forward to your build Evin   :popcorn:

NOTE!!! As Evin has stated this is not a debate on whether the armor is or isn't recast, he's building it for a fellow trooper. I'm sure the pictures that will be shown will be enough for some and not enough for others to draw their own conclusions. Let's keep this build thread just that, a build thread. If you have concerns about the armors legacy go comment on an existing armor origin thread already in progress.

• Like 5

Looking forward to your build Evin :popcorn:

NOTE!!! As Evin has stated this is not a debate on whether the armor is or isn't recast, he's building it for a fellow trooper. I'm sure the pictures that will be shown will be enough for some and not enough for others to draw their own conclusions. Let's keep this build thread just that, a build thread. If you have concerns about the armors legacy, START ANOTHER THREAD.

Please. Dont start any more origins threads. Please?

Lookimg forward to seeing this built compared to my alpha kit.

• Like 3

Please. Dont start any more origins threads. Please?

Lookimg forward to seeing this built compared to my alpha kit.

Statement edited, thank's for the reminder Mark

• Like 2

guys, this is not a "recast thread" I'm simply making new FO armor for a friend. I will say however that detailed pix have been taken and sent in for review purposes. from what I can tell so far... not a recast.

So we have one, "not a recast" . Which kit/kits did you compare it to? 

You first said that this was not a recast thread, then you went on to say that you think that it is not a recast. I'm getting mixed messages here. I'd like to see more than pictures of box. I see from your profile that you are a brand new shiny. You're going to have to convince me that you are talented enough to make a call on recast armor. I'm not questioning your talent, but your authenticity. 

• Like 1

So we have one, "not a recast" . Which kit/kits did you compare it to? 

You first said that this was not a recast thread, then you went on to say that you think that it is not a recast. I'm getting mixed messages here. I'd like to see more than pictures of box. I see from your profile that you are a brand new shiny. You're going to have to convince me that you are talented enough to make a call on recast armor. I'm not questioning your talent, but your authenticity. 

I've spoken with Evin, he's not an armor expert. He probably wouldn't know a recast if it hit him in the face.

Not here, not ever, Move along!

shouldnt this kit be compared with KBs kit

In separate thread, if need to be compared.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I've spoken with Evin, he's not an armor expert. He probably wouldn't know a recast if it hit him in the face.

Not here, not ever, Move along!

hey! lol... like I said, I'm just making this for a friend

It sounds like this is the rt-mod of the fotk. If thats the case then there are ...swarms...of bigger troopers who will love unshimmed proportionate armour. With tiny anovos helms.

• Like 1

Glad you are getting to build another one, Evin. However i think the armor should have been sent to someone who can compare it to different kits, which was the original purpose of those freebie armors.

• Like 1

Glad you are getting to build another one, Evin. However i think the armor should have been sent to someone who can compare it to different kits, which was the original purpose of those freebie armors.

They are, the pics are posted in a FN discussion thread that's been on going.

• Like 1