eqdizzle

Rebels TK

Rebels TK item list:

Bucket:  Originally GZ, may move to the TZA  TZA

Armor:  TZA / Talon With Walt's upgraded shins

Boots: not official.  Working with Imperialboots to develop Imperialboots

Underarmor:  Plain old black underarmor.  May use the Anovos, but it's a little on the hot side

Gloves:  These look to be the same fabric as the compression suit, not the rubber/latex of the Movie TKs.  Black wrist length Opera gloves

Neckseal:  Very different than the Movie TKs.  Looks to be the same material as the compression suit, with horizontal stripes without adding dimension.  Balaclava may be required.

E-11: Rubies with LED upgrade.  D-Ring added

The Rebels TK does NOT have a holster..!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I picked up a 2nd hand bucket GZ bucket off the main board a month or two ago, and I'm now in process of finishing it:

DSC_7944_zpsalkxwv6v.jpg

DSC_7945_zpsp8d7r9by.jpg

DSC_7946_zpslzdfp99u.jpg

DSC_7947_zpsoifkqxbq.jpg

This bucket didn't come with decals or mic tips, so I've had to paint the details and source a 3d printed set of mic tips.  As you can see, I had a bit of the white paint come off when I removed the painter's tape, so I'll have to repair this before I weather.

Paints used :

Rustoleum "Works on Plastic" White Primer

Rustoleum "Works on Plastic" Gloss White

Rustoleum "Works on Plastic" Semi-Gloss Black

Rustoleum Smoke Grey

Hand-painted Testor's Semi-Gloss Black

Edge-lighting on teeth with Testor's Flat White

coming soon...weathering, mic tips, and tube stripes!

Edited by eqdizzle
  • Like 2

IMAG2871_zpsekxjzhop.png

Mic tips.  These are 2 piece, so the main body is painted in Semi-Gloss black, and the center is Rustoleum Metallic Aluminum

DSC_7950_zpsrv60hwu2.jpg

DSC_7952_zpsyf8orocj.jpg

DSC_7951_zpsmluogixb.jpg

DSC_7953_zpsli8jn9b2.jpg

DSC_7954_zpsuv2ekzbg.jpg

DSC_7955_zps3qofnvcl.jpg

Weathering added.  I misted some of the Smoke Grey in split second bursts from about 2-3 feet away.  I let this dry, and then dry and wet-sanded with 1000 grit sandpaper to give it this look.  I think this matches the on-screen weathering pretty darn well.  You can tell it's there when viewed up close, and it fades away a bit when viewed further back.  Really nice and subtle.  I'll likely do some more sanding to take even a bit more off, though.

Edited by eqdizzle
  • Like 1

Looking good, I found using satin black on the trim and vocoder made it look more cartoonish ;)http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29365-rebels-stormtrooper-helmet/

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

Agreed...!

This has the Semi-Gloss (i.e. Satin) as well, but I'll be hitting it with a bit of 0000 Steel Wool to knock just a bit of the shine off.

DSC_7957_zpsd257bqck.jpg

Mic tips added, and weathering scrubbed a bit more.  I also hit the black areas with steel wool to knock a bit of the shine out.  Now I'm just waiting to hear back on tube stripe stencils...!

Then we're looking at sealant, visor, padding, and fans!

• Like 1

Looks awesome! Keep it going!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice work, came out great

• Like 1

I don't think GZ is active at the moment, which is the primary reason that I picked up the 2nd hand one.  Talon/TZA is doing a full kit run that includes his version of the bucket.  Both buckets seem to have some advantages...!

**edit**

In other news, the payment was made for the armor kit...so this looks to be a thing.  And I suppose if I got tan, shaved my dome, and got a white beard, I could go all Rex in TK disguise while I'm at it..!   :smiley-sw013:

Edited by eqdizzle
  • Like 1

Still waiting on armor to arrive, but that has given me time to work on the E-11:

mTYPYg1.jpg

AKlCwTU.jpg

ERRmRax.jpg

1xHq9RT.jpg

cleaned up the rail ridge, filled screw holes etc, and added a 3v 5mm red LED in the barrel with a momentary microswitch in the trigger.  The power cell area is removable to allow changing of batteries.  Sorry for the extreme shadows in the pics, but I hope the images are able to come through!!

Edited by eqdizzle
  • Like 1

Glad to see people working on these!!  I love the Rebels bucket with that almost smushed-up frown, it's adorable lol!!   :laugh1:

• Like 2

Definitely interested in how this comes out. Love the work you did on the helmet, Eric.

• Like 2