Pyrates and the March to EIB & Centurion

Pyrates

You were VERY wise to glue the lenses in before mounting them, Aaron, and here is why:

I hollowed out the entire center of the scope on my first DD resin build, and then glued the lenses in.  Big mistake.  Since it was an airtight seal, the fumes from the superglue had no place to ventilate and permanently fogged up both lenses.  I may be dating myself here, but those who saw "Beverly Hills Cop" may remember detective Foley using CA glue fumes to collect fingerprints from a fishtank.  Same principal. 

• Like 2

You were VERY wise to glue the lenses in before mounting them, Aaron, and here is why:

I hollowed out the entire center of the scope on my first DD resin build, and then glued the lenses in. Big mistake. Since it was an airtight seal, the fumes from the superglue had no place to ventilate and permanently fogged up both lenses. I may be dating myself here, but those who saw "Beverly Hills Cop" may remember detective Foley using CA glue fumes to collect fingerprints from a fishtank. Same principal.

Thanks Joseph!

And I still love that movie (Pyrates busting moves to the "Neutron Dance")

c066ddb55a12d5471acd3f43912b2be6.jpg

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 3

Will you be adding eyeglass screws to the side as well?

Yes my brother, I'm trying to find a better detailed picture to see the style of screw - you said eyeglass screws (so "Phillips" style head?)

All I've been able to find for reference are these in our weapons locker forum...

fd7c2e79a6bdf4abb36a6ba442a6c2d8.jpg

fe84950deee1fbed1a6fe143c095ab60.gif

Yes my brother, I'm trying to find a better detailed picture to see the style of screw - you said eyeglass screws (so "Phillips" style head?)

All I've been able to find for reference are these in our weapons locker forum...

fd7c2e79a6bdf4abb36a6ba442a6c2d8.jpg

fe84950deee1fbed1a6fe143c095ab60.gif

Are they not slot head? T Jay or brian would be the ones to ask if reckon

Marc

• Like 1

I hollowed out the entire center of the scope on my first DD resin build, and then glued the lenses in. Big mistake. Since it was an airtight seal, the fumes from the superglue had no place to ventilate and permanently fogged up both lenses. I may be dating myself here, but those who saw "Beverly Hills Cop" may remember detective Foley using CA glue fumes to collect fingerprints from a fishtank. Same principal.

Yeah I had that issue too. Then decided to go for pva glue

Marc

• Like 1

I'm so happy doin' the Centurion dance..  :dancing-trooper: . OH YEAH!  I would be interested in those screws as well.  I think Marc is correct that if anyone has them available, it's Tino.

• Like 3

Maybe 2-3mm head?

Marc

Beautiful - I will see what I have at home (all of the screws I have been using are from old survey equipment sight glasses that just happen to be the same size as what I've needed)

• Like 1

Beautiful - I will see what I have at home (all of the screws I have been using are from old survey equipment sight glasses that just happen to be the same size as what I've needed)

If not, let me know and I'll see what I've got left

Marc

• Like 1

If not, let me know and I'll see what I've got left

Marc

Cheers brother!

Here's the dismantled survey equipment I found - I was originally planning on using the parts for my EH Blaster thread but found a new approach that I plan to use.

d36dfa9488974fbc6d29a2a1a0db0ee8.jpg

f77fc193fed317a08a492c5160808b28.jpg

I will be working on that thread after this one to kill the time for my Premier FN (Heavy Gunner) kit to arrive from Anovos.

• Like 1

Cheers brother!

Here's the dismantled survey equipment I found - I was originally planning on using the parts for my EH Blaster thread but found a new approach that I plan to use.

d36dfa9488974fbc6d29a2a1a0db0ee8.jpg

f77fc193fed317a08a492c5160808b28.jpg

I will be working on that thread after this one to kill the time for my Premier FN (Heavy Gunner) kit to arrive from Anovos.

Nice! I'll try to measure the screw heads tomorrow and let you know
  • Like 1

Some days I honestly question if I have horse shoes in my thermal detonator...

Here's some of the survey equipment I pulled from a construction bin:

f5e4e86c951ab5f048713300ac7daa68.jpg

First they are the proper brass, next they are exactly 2mm

fa2d5d517d9a49a864c7e2ae99a09a2b.jpg