Pyrates and the March to EIB & Centurion

Pyrates

So after a few troops, I encountered a small notorious problem with my blaster.

I snapped my charging bolt handle off jumping down from a stage.

fd4a915d6601345c10ccb49894764c20.jpg

So in order to get this bad boy up and rocking again, I got one of my fellow Garrison mates to 3D print me a couple new handles as a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next was to remove the old handle GENTLY using a 24T hack saw blade and a pair of needle nose pliers.

90cc21ba063ecb16e6fa1e0f9c133ef1.jpg

I then used micro files to remove any leftovers, and score the resin area so the glue would have more to adhere to.

d6567e9acaa83216c4649b5976eaf4f3.jpg

ebacc1498ed6c5027cb033889df4074c.jpg

Then with some more fine tuning and filing, I dry fit the new charging handle into place so it will be ready to be anchored into place. I also left a small nub on the bolt charging handle - again to provide more surface area for bonding.

db88a8eed30597413ce9b9f776a976dc.jpg

9e98d7b7f643356c6f043bd303156e6c.jpg

4b97ed9f41e0ef44ffc5ef15b5f1e966.jpg

Nice work mate. I've been thinking about the amount of times you hear of this issue happening. I'm pretty sure there would be a way to prevent this happening. Because it's rigid when in place, I wonder whether it would be possible to fit it to some form of spring type set up, which would just flex about if it took a hit. Mmmm.... I dunno, but would love to hear from anyone who has resolved this.

Marc

• Like 1

For those interested, the new bolt charging handle that was printed was courtesy of our own 3D print files available here in the FISD.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/33966-free-3d-printed-parts-for-e11-builds/?fromsearch=1

Big time thanks to Thrawn's guard!

Nice work mate. I've been thinking about the amount of times you hear of this issue happening. I'm pretty sure there would be a way to prevent this happening. Because it's rigid when in place, I wonder whether it would be possible to fit it to some form of spring type set up, which would just flex about if it took a hit. Mmmm.... I dunno, but would love to hear from anyone who has resolved this.

Marc

I thought the same thing mate! A spring to allow some flex, when the blaster is holstered, would be brilliant!

• Like 1

With the glue curing, I started looking into different areas of the blaster where I could add some more authenticity, without breaking the bank and avoiding the horrible exchange rate.

Eye balling the scope for a few minutes, I remembered I had a pair of Bushnell mini binoculars from my army days.

7c1df657bdf702743d4a71abcd0d4d95.jpg

• Like 1

After a quick break down I salvaged the lenses, and they are a beautiful match.

There will be some drilling out required to make the lenses fit (inset) but should be a nice addition to add to the magic.

960ce0802552d5300db9184cf9ca3242.jpg

2e57732b13241f8140e72547bee3bc5f.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work Aaron. I have always liked the lens look over decals. In my case, I bought a $1 pair of toy binoculars. It's not as good looking, but it gives the glass lens look.<br><br>

I think TKZombie has a E-11 thread. If you haven't checked it out.

• Like 1

Nice work Aaron. I have always liked the lens look over decals. In my case, I bought a $1 pair of toy binoculars. It's not as good looking, but it gives the glass lens look.<br><br>

I think TKZombie has a E-11 thread. If you haven't checked it out.

Yes, I have!

Big fan of Christina's work too, for those interested check out what this Lady of the Legion did with her E-11:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36185-anh-e-11-blaster-modification-of-the-quest-design-canada-blaster/?fromsearch=1

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 2

I'm very close mate. I'm just trying to ensure I don't let my mentors Tony, Andrew, Joseph and fellow Hero Dan down.

I'm going to bust through some items tonight covering the CRL's of the items that are ready for EIB & Centurion (fingers crossed - hopefully my training and OCD has paid off)

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 2

I thought the same thing mate! A spring to allow some flex, when the blaster is holstered, would be brilliant!

I think I have a fix

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/39502-Charging-handle-remedy?

Marc

• Like 1

Here we go with some more progress:

Work is ongoing with my blaster

I've pre-taped my blaster to prepare for painting a satin black spray paint. I originally had intended to do a hammered finish on the barrel but after reviewing quite a few threads - I believe the semi-gloss finish will look best.

I corrected the range finder sight at the back of the blaster so that the notches are on the correct side.

I used "Fix-It Stik" to fill in the notches in the front, and a micro-file to make new notches in the back.

7091216601803ab9427e7614e6b8f2dd.jpg

5be88e720eaebc30e2a6e05205724378.jpg

ac0f64ae427de6e5f8bf3ff337471713.jpg

• Like 1

Extra added bonus, my good friend Comrade Dave has an extra AP ab button plate that he has kindly offered to paint for me, and will be shipping of in the weeks to come so that my ab section will be ready for final review!

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, it's been a while mates - however progress is being made in multiple fronts.

New ATA Helmet S-trim acquired for my bucket, repairs and new measurements to take in my thigh armor underway, lastly more work on my QuestDesign E-11 to make it a little more accurate for my Centurion application.

• Like 1

Yes, it's been a while mates - however progress is being made in multiple fronts.

New ATA Helmet S-trim acquired for my bucket, repairs and new measurements to take in my thigh armor underway, lastly more work on my QuestDesign E-11 to make it a little more accurate for my Centurion application.

Aaron........where have you been? Your work in the field has been amazing mate. A true inspiration

Marc

• Like 1

So far here's the work on my blaster...

I have decided to use semi-gloss for the main body and I like the finish as it looks very similar to the blueing on my old C-7.

a7972ff1aa5283a89a4541fec7bb6979.jpg

707f93d4d4d38e8c89968c9e54cdda22.jpg