OPERATION OMG REBUILD!!!!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just put a small amount along the edge of the applicator and smear it on the cap n back about 1/16 of an inch thick... I have to work a bit fast or the putty starts to chunk up and I will be making more work for myself! I will let this set overnight and wet sand it tomorrow afternoon

100_7702.jpg

100_7704.jpg

Now its time to address the ears. They fit well to the helmet, but I dont like the flared edges around the tops. So I am drawing a line where I will be sanding these bad boys down to. I have some old belt sander paper that is pretty good for this sort of thing. I rip it in half and lay it out flat. Then I take the ear and lay it on the paper and start sanding back and forth. Once the ears are sanded down to where I want them I sand them on the sides with a lighter grit. The end result is a smooth ear. You ony want these ears to be about 1/4 of an inch thick. I see alot of people making the ears too thick.

Ā 

100_7705.jpg

100_7706.jpg

100_7707.jpg

100_7708.jpg

100_7709.jpg

nice work Mike!!! I'm interested to see the bondo area progress. That's not an easy fix, as I've made more work for myself many, many, many times that way. Nice work man.

Ā 

...more more more!..

Ā 

Excellent work Mike, can't wait to see it progress even further.

Ā 

I'm anxious to see what you do to the interior of the helmet as well...