Anovos Vs SDS Hero Lid, thoughts?

Got my BBB yesterday, was a bit worried when I first got the delivery as the box looks very damaged but everything inside looks good so have a feeling it must have just been some water/rain damage to the box.

Anyway just thought I would share a few comparison shots for everyone between the Anovos Lid and the SDS Hero lid.

Apart from the obvious differences between one being Stunt and the other Hero would anyone like to comment or share any thoughts on the two?

Some things I have noted are, the plastic is more shiny on the SDS but they are both relatively the same thickness at just over 1mm.

The paint looks a different shade, black, grey and blue.

Mic tips look different, different size mesh and the mesh is more to the front on the Anovos and more recessed on the SDS.

I know the brow is meant to be lower on the SDS but the angle of the face plate when viewed from the side looks way off!.

Probably loads more things to say here but this is my initial observation.

IThOops.jpg6yBSOmy.jpgcGIA8bS.jpgtDkRioU.jpg

I've noticed a lot of folk dismissing SDS stuff as 'not up to scratch', so to speak, on various parts of the forum, but they rarely go into specifics of what parts or aspects of the design they dislike. Personally, I prefer the Anovos' sharper lines around the eyes, but hard to compare a Hero vs Stunt directly?

Which one is which in the pictures...novice here.is anovos on the right or left?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

SDS left, Anovos on the right, a telltail giveaway on a Hero lid is the bubble lenses and lowered brow  :duim:

On 2/10/2016 at 8:41 PM, welshchris77 said:

Got my BBB yesterday, was a bit worried when I first got the delivery as the box looks very damaged but everything inside looks good so have a feeling it must have just been some water/rain damage to the box.

Anyway just thought I would share a few comparison shots for everyone between the Anovos Lid and the SDS Hero lid.

Apart from the obvious differences between one being Stunt and the other Hero would anyone like to comment or share any thoughts on the two?

Some things I have noted are, the plastic is more shiny on the SDS but they are both relatively the same thickness at just over 1mm.

The paint looks a different shade, black, grey and blue.

Mic tips look different, different size mesh and the mesh is more to the front on the Anovos and more recessed on the SDS.

I know the brow is meant to be lower on the SDS but the angle of the face plate when viewed from the side looks way off!.

Probably loads more things to say here but this is my initial observation.

You need to raise that brow a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

SDS Hero helmets are a shocker and the decals/stickers are nowhere near close to movie accuracy. Ainsworth can't even get the 3 bumps right on the ears for the Hero helmet instead has the stunt 4 bump ears. Original maker my butt.

• Like 1

SDS Hero helmets are a shocker and the decals/stickers are nowhere near close to movie accuracy. Ainsworth can't even get the 3 bumps right on the ears for the Hero helmet instead has the stunt 4 bump ears. Original maker my butt.

This lid has many faults yes but the general consensus is that Ainsworth did made the originals.

The ones he makes now bear little resemblance unfortunately and are definitely not from the original molds  :blink:

This lid has many faults yes but the general consensus is that Ainsworth did made the originals.

The ones he makes now bear little resemblance unfortunately and are definitely not from the original molds  :blink:

He only vacuum formed the lids, Brian muir and Liz Moore sculpted the armor and helmet.

He only vacuum formed the lids, Brian muir and Liz Moore sculpted the armor and helmet.

When I said 'did the original', I was actually referring to vacuum forming and assembling them, not the original sculpts