Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

I can't get enough of your enthusiasm kiddo!

Make sure you save some of that dough for "Gremlins" (botched snaps, strapping, cover strips and extra E-6000. For the record I ended up needing 5 tubes) - cheers "Punky"

5 tubes of e6000? Were you drinking the stuff? :P

I only used one (large) tube - and not the caulking gun size one. :)

• Like 3

Why do you think he's on vacation no... For fun? He's in detox for E6000 addiction lol

I can't stop laughing

Shhchck "Hello I'm TK 99725, and I've been off E-6000 fumes for almost a week" Shhchck rotfl

• Like 2

I knew what you were talking about with punky. Laugh. I just wanted you to admit it. Laughs. As for the e-6000 would that be EA then? E-6000 anonymous?

• Like 1

Hello, my name is brattie and I am an E-6000 user. It has been 1 week since I used last. Fish are friends not food... whoops wrong movie

• Like 4

Hello, my name is brattie and I am an E-6000 user. It has been 1 week since I used last. Fish are friends not food... whoops wrong movie

Just keep gluing - Just keep gluing

• Like 3

I know right...  Laughs.. Anyway.. I want to get a helmet stand for my bucket. So I think I'll pop by Crappy tire for a paper towel holder and a sponge... maybe visit Michael's for a foam ball that I can glue meat.. I mean costume silk to.. something like that..

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Alrighty..

So as mentioned previously before things died off. I have no idea on delivery date of stuff.

However I did get my blaster from across the pond - thank you - and now I need to figure out the best way to prime it.

I have numerous areas of the blaster that I"d like to paint different colors. There are moving parts so I also want to be sure that they are painted.. but this also now requires me to take apart the blaster which is already glued (it came mostly completed) or figure out some other way around it.

So.. the blaster is sitting on a shelf while I figure all of this out.. do I want to rip it all apart with the possibility of breaking the plastic.. or .. do I mask and tape like crazy and try to figure out some way to cover and paint parts within the blaster different colors.. If I could get the back end cap off.. I could remove the spring and paint it metallic.. but then I need to get the bolt out too so it can be painted.. Gah.. too many decisions on this one right one..

I think I may shelve this project for a bit until I can figure out what I want to do..

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2

Alrighty..

So as mentioned previously before things died off. I have no idea on delivery date of stuff.

However I did get my blaster from across the pond - thank you - and now I need to figure out the best way to prime it.

I have numerous areas of the blaster that I"d like to paint different colors. There are moving parts so I also want to be sure that they are painted.. but this also now requires me to take apart the blaster which is already glued (it came mostly completed) or figure out some other way around it.

So.. the blaster is sitting on a shelf while I figure all of this out.. do I want to rip it all apart with the possibility of breaking the plastic.. or .. do I mask and tape like crazy and try to figure out some way to cover and paint parts within the blaster different colors.. If I could get the back end cap off.. I could remove the spring and paint it metallic.. but then I need to get the bolt out too so it can be painted.. Gah.. too many decisions on this one right one..

I think I may shelve this project for a bit until I can figure out what I want to do..

With models I've painted before assembly... Especially parts that are not easily reached... I'm afraid you'll probably have to take it apart... As for weathering, the technique I had been recommended was primer, then coat of silver or gun metal, then ochre yellow or something that looks rusty, then coat of black or two coats... Using a 1500 grit sandpaper sand down gently until you like the pattern of the weathered look... Don't go through the he metal paint,as the next layer is primer... This will give you the weathered look with rust.
  • Like 2

Since my blaster came as a kit, I was able to paint parts before they went together. If you can ppp the end cap off, that will make the spring easier to work with. The bolt has so little that shows, you might be able to slide it back and just paint exposed areas.<br><br>

As for weathering... I didn't want rust (kept the TK Death-Star-white, so my E-11 needed to look "new") but I did drybrush a bit of silver over the top of the black. Gave it a metallic sheen with very little effort.

Edited by Sentry71
  • Like 3

I am starting to prepare for the big Relay for life event on June 11th. Going for long walks and getting myself ready for walking a lot. I have started wearing my TK boots more to get them worked in well but haven't been able to locate any "SOLE" inserts in my area as of yet. Fingers crossed I'll find them soon to ensure I have a comfy foot fit. The TK boots overall are comfortable but the event goes from 6pm to midnight.  (Found the SOLE miles away but was able to order online)

I am also relying on Knockerbot (Eric) traitor sandy man.. to get have the fan assembly ready so I won't melt.

Last on the list.. which is the most important is hoping my armor arrives in time for me to get it all fitted and working right. Should be interesting..

As it stands right now the Jawa costume is coming along. It went in for multiple washes to get it's shrink on.. now that is complete it's in the dye bath stages of completion.

Fingers crossed I make the deadlines..

As for the Blaster project - It's on hold. I need to figure out how to get the end cap off without breaking it. I want to look into better glues and primers.. it was never meant to be a rushed build.. but more of a .. I'll work on it when I'm bored .. kinda project.

I posted a picture of the spring cleaning of my car the other day.. laugh.. someone mentioned it had no imperial stickers or anything on it. I still hope to have that car gone by the summer and be into my truck.. maybe someone Willis be able to fix up my truck if I am able to get it.  - chuckles .. no play on words there -

Edited by Brattie

I have heard and know that they feel great on the feet. Others have advised that over a long period of time that inserts will help.

I know I could be standing in them for ages so I figured.. extra padding can't hurt.

The boots over all felt awesome yesterday as I wore them for a walk around a very large park in our neighborhood. I was on my feet for a little over an hour with no issues.

I know though with any new pair of boots / shoes you need to work them in a bit.. and that's what I'm doing. :)

TKBoots_zpsuiumwsjy.jpg

• Like 2

I have heard and know that they feel great on the feet. Others have advised that over a long period of time that inserts will help.

I know I could be standing in them for ages so I figured.. extra padding can't hurt.

The boots over all felt awesome yesterday as I wore them for a walk around a very large park in our neighborhood. I was on my feet for a little over an hour with no issues.

I know though with any new pair of boots / shoes you need to work them in a bit.. and that's what I'm doing. :)

TKBoots_zpsuiumwsjy.jpg

When I got my TK boots, the work in period wasn't necessary. I'm quite happy with the purchase, and quality of the boots. I've had mine for almost 4 or 5 yrs now, trooping for a lot of hrs... One troop was 6 or 7 hrs, no issues with sore feet, but won't be doing that again lol other issues like no sitting, became a problem... At 4 hrs per troop, there's no issues at all, which I'm quite thankful. Keep in mind, these are not worn every day, just for a few hrs while trooping, which is on a voluntary basis, so could be as often once or more times per week, or as few as twice a year...
  • Like 2

Too each their own. I value a work in period as I don't want to arrive at a troop and have issues. Everything needs to be tested. I will always test each item to help prevent problems.

For these, I wanted to be sure they felt great on my feet.

I hope to do lots of Troops and be busy so.. I know I'm going to spend hours in them and wanted to be sure I was happy.

I am happy, the TK Boots are very comfy.

Sore feet can really dampen a pleasant experience. Last thing I want to worry about is my feet. With the TK boots and the inserts I know I should be 100% for any troops and any troop length. I know the inserts aren't necessary, but again, extra padding never hurts.

:)

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 3