Heavy Gunner Greeblie 3D Print Files Available

Hey friends! So I've had several people ask about the 3D print files I designed for the middle greeblie box of the Heavy Gunner megablaster (http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/33718-force-awakens-heavy-gunner-cannon-build/page-7?). I was hesitant to share them because the reference photos are just plain awful in this area at this point and I know they're not accurate. I had to even make stuff up for some of it. It's also the first time I've tried to design anything in 3D. At the same time though, I think the end result "feels" accurate enough and people are asking so why not? ;)

Here are the latest files. Note that I stripped them down considerably to keep the print cost down, but in the process probably made a part or two too thin in a few spots. These definitely could use a second go round of improvements, but I just haven't had the time to perpetually improve them. If someone else polishes them up, please post here so everyone can benefit! Again though, the end result was pretty good. I also went with a local 3D printer from 3dhubs who had some very nice printers because cleanup on this stuff would suck if you print it on an economy printer.

Here are some considerations...

• These took a lot of time so I'd ask as everyone does that you don't do runs of these parts and make profit - but please go ahead and make a BFG!
  • The charging handle part is just a scaled down version of James' part that he shared here (http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/33286-wip-tfa-officer-pistol/)
  • The parts with "short block" in the name need to be duplicated if you do what I did. I essentially just duplicated the section nearest the barrel to tuck under the top white box since it kinda looked similar and there was no way to really see what it looks like underneath. I figured it was better than just a black block of wood sticking out, but who knows.
  • Long block 2 and 3 look the same but are actually slightly different. They probably should be the same, but I didn't want to rework the thing to get those to line up exactly. ;)
  • Due to minimizing the print volume, you'll need to build a base box to attach this stuff to.

Files:  https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bx3hhQ2CwEKaTTRVYXBKaEV3WEE&usp=sharing

Here's a quick reference to see what I ordered and some pics of the printed parts.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-17%20at%209.01.3

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-17%20at%209.01.1

20151120_224107_zpsgapm4lwv.jpg

20151120_230110_zpsammbdiyd.jpg

20151120_232627_zpsky2renfw.jpg

20151125_230103_001_zpsymlk6qxh.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-14%20at%209.01.5

Edited by camprandall
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What?! You don't like posting endless updates trying to keep your files accurate? I can't comprehend...  :D

I think maybe I just need some time to grieve after seeing all those BFGs getting tossed around the hanger floor in the movie. Heartbreaking!

• Like 1