TK Boots, up again

Greetings Troopers,

Just a heads up, TK Boots is stocked and running again.  Finally, another source for your shopping pleasure.

http://www.tkboots.com/index.htm

• Like 2

I got on their waiting list back in May. I figured I have plenty of time since I'm also waiting on my Anovos TK kit. I haven't actually heard anything directly from them though - are they only giving updates on their website?

I got an email saying they were backed up again. so after October its going to be an additional 60-80 days. I lucked out and found the perfect boots at a thrift shop they're a bit too small but I can stretch them I think.

I got this email last night: (for your reading pleasure)

Currently our next run of boots is in production and due to arrive late Oct.

Sadly, our back order lists exceed the incoming quantity of boots we have being produced, but we will be starting another production run immediately once the current run is completed. Sizes 9, 10 and 11 are the most popular sizes and will sell out the fastest.

As you know, we are producing true boots, not low quality costume boots like our competitors are selling as 'TK Boots'. They are in no way related to us and the boots they are selling are not the same quality and caliber as ours. Sadly, our first production run from the new production facility is taking longer than expected. We are more concerned with quality rather than volume, but this is why our boots are in such high demand and our competitors are pushing their lower quality costume boots.

When our boots are completed in October and after we inspect them, the next run will take approx. 60 to 80 days to complete. Those orders which we cannot fill from this incoming run will be filled our following run. I'm very sorry for the delays. The new production shop has promised to help us catch up but hand made boots take a while to produce.

Based upon our prior 18 years of experience in building boots for the 501st, I can say that normally 1/4 of the fans on the back order will not be financially ready to order and this is alright, as it allows us to move quickly down the list until every order is finished.

So, there is a chance we'll be able to fill all of our back orders, but there is a chance that we may sell out before filling our back orders. I'm sorry for the uncertainty, but again, we are more concerned with quality and than quantity.

If you do not mind waiting, we can certainly add you to our back order list with no commitment. We never accept deposits until our boots are boxed and ready to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got this email last night: (for your reading pleasure)

Currently our next run of boots is in production and due to arrive late Oct.

Sadly, our back order lists exceed the incoming quantity of boots we have being produced, but we will be starting another production run immediately once the current run is completed. Sizes 9, 10 and 11 are the most popular sizes and will sell out the fastest.

As you know, we are producing true boots, not low quality costume boots like our competitors are selling as 'TK Boots'. They are in no way related to us and the boots they are selling are not the same quality and caliber as ours. Sadly, our first production run from the new production facility is taking longer than expected. We are more concerned with quality rather than volume, but this is why our boots are in such high demand and our competitors are pushing their lower quality costume boots.

When our boots are completed in October and after we inspect them, the next run will take approx. 60 to 80 days to complete. Those orders which we cannot fill from this incoming run will be filled our following run. I'm very sorry for the delays. The new production shop has promised to help us catch up but hand made boots take a while to produce.

Based upon our prior 18 years of experience in building boots for the 501st, I can say that normally 1/4 of the fans on the back order will not be financially ready to order and this is alright, as it allows us to move quickly down the list until every order is finished.

So, there is a chance we'll be able to fill all of our back orders, but there is a chance that we may sell out before filling our back orders. I'm sorry for the uncertainty, but again, we are more concerned with quality and than quantity.

If you do not mind waiting, we can certainly add you to our back order list with no commitment. We never accept deposits until our boots are boxed and ready to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exact same email I got

• 3 weeks later...

I've been on the waitlist for ages (like, a year ago, last October), but I never got that email.  And naturally my size is a 10, one of the most popular.  It wasn't a big deal before, because I was waiting on armor, but now I have my kit and my goal was to be finished by the movie, so I could troop in costume for the first time at the premiere... maybe it's time to search for a reasonable pair in the interim, just in case.  

Any recommendations?  Preferably something that's already white, because I really don't want to deal with painting it unless absolutely necessary.  

• Like 1

I'm looking for my first boots for my TK armor. What is / is not acceptable for basic 501st acceptance? 

To my knowledge, TK Boots, Imperial Boots, and the "Chelsea" or "Jodhpur" style, and I think they generally only come in black so you'd have to paint or dye them with leather paint/dye.  There's probably a handful of random boots that fit the bill out there too, but those are the main ones.  I've also heard that the slightly taller ones work best so that your shins don't ride up.  

I'm looking into Imperial Boots, but it looks like they also got backlogged (waiting on an email reply) and according to their site, aren't taken new orders until "Early October" and as far as I can tell it's now early October, but it didn't mention how long the potential wait would be once orders were open again.  

I'm looking for my first pair too, we have bad timing with all those waiting on their Anovos kits!  If I hear back from IB I'll post again.  And if you find any let me know.  :)

Here's from the CRL on boots.  They're all basically the same base (except the Concept Stormtrooper).  And it also depends a little on what level you'll go for.  

ANH Hero/ANH Stunt:

Boots

For 501st approval:

• Boots are above ankle height and made of white leather or leather-like material.
  • Small U-shaped elastic sections on both sides of the ankle.
  • Flat sole with a short heel.
  • No buckles or laces.
  • Jodhpur/ Chelsea-type boots or an equivalent style is acceptable.
    • Elvis or Mariachi boots are not allowed.
For level two certification (if applicable):

• There is no seam present on the front of the boot.

ESB:

Boots

For 501st approval:

• Boots are above ankle height and made of white leather or leather-like material.
  • No buckles or laces.

• Boots are lightly scuffed

ROTJ:

Boots

For 501st approval:

• No buckles or laces.

• Boots are lightly scuffed.
For level three certification (if applicable):

• Boots have a white sole.
    • Painted soles are acceptable
  • Like 1

I emailed TK Boots to see what was going on straight from the horse's mouth, this is what I got back:

"I'm sorry, but based on our incoming run's quantity and the size of our back order lists, the entire run is sold out. Some may not be ready to purchase, which may enable to move faster down the back order list, but we'll have a better idea later this month. 

I'm sorry about our inventory, but the new production facility has promised to help us catch up."

While I understand supply and demand, I honestly believed I've been on the wait list for a year, and I reaffirmed that at least six months ago, but I think I just slipped through the cracks and/or have the most popular size so it really didn't matter how long ago I did it, it just wasn't long enough for available supply; I'm a little miffed, but it happens, I guess, that's life.  So, sadly, it looks like for me TK is out for my first pair.  Maybe eventually I'll upgrade or be lucky enough to snag one, but my goal is to finish my armor by December, so I just don't have any more time to wait.  Still waiting to hear back from Imperial Boots (also backlogged, per website).  Will advise when that comes through.  
Edited by coulsonavenged

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed TK Boots to see what was going on straight from the horse's mouth, this is what I got back:

"I'm sorry, but based on our incoming run's quantity and the size of our back order lists, the entire run is sold out. Some may not be ready to purchase, which may enable to move faster down the back order list, but we'll have a better idea later this month.

I'm sorry about our inventory, but the new production facility has promised to help us catch up."

While I understand supply and demand, I honestly believed I've been on the wait list for a year, and I reaffirmed that at least six months ago, but I think I just slipped through the cracks and/or have the most popular size so it really didn't matter how long ago I did it, it just wasn't long enough for available supply; I'm a little miffed, but it happens, I guess, that's life. So, sadly, it looks like for me TK is out for my first pair. Maybe eventually I'll upgrade or be lucky enough to snag one, but my goal is to finish my armor by December, so I just don't have any more time to wait. Still waiting to hear back from Imperial Boots (also backlogged, per website). Will advise when that comes through.

I opted to order black boots and paint them white. You just use acetone fingernail remover to get the shiny coat off and I painted both a pair for myself and my husband with white acrylic paint and white fabric paint (for the elastic). I recommend taping off the shoe by the upper part of the sole to keep from getting it off the leather. It took about 3 to 4 coats. Then a glossy clear coat for a TK. Mine are for a TD, so I still need to get them dirty and plan on putting a matte clear coat.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002LZT9E0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1445326123&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=chelsea+boots+mens&dpPl=1&dpID=418gKoXNKmL&ref=plSrch

Edited by Scarlet Trooper

I opted to order black boots and paint them white. You just use acetone fingernail remover to get the shiny coat off and I painted both a pair for myself and my husband with white acrylic paint and white fabric paint (for the elastic). I recommend taping off the shoe by the upper part of the sole to keep from getting it off the leather. It took about 3 to 4 coats. Then a glossy clear coat for a TK. Mine are for a TD, so I still need to get them dirty and plan on putting a matte clear coat.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002LZT9E0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1445326123&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=chelsea+boots+mens&dpPl=1&dpID=418gKoXNKmL&ref=plSrch

That's my backup plan.  One of my squad managed to find me a pair from the last one someone was selling.  Now I just have to hope they fit!  If all else fails, Bass makes good boots, and I found white leather paint for $4 (4oz).  

• Like 1