Ukswrath's FOTK build thread

ukswrath

That's some serious deadly armor coming together - Haven't even got my first kit yet, and already got approval from my Mrs. to get TFA armor... once I finish my TK and get approved. Great work mate and many thanks for your details!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's some serious deadly armor coming together - Haven't even got my first kit yet, and already got approval from my Mrs. to get TFA armor... once I finish my TK and get approved. Great work mate and many thanks for your details!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Aaron   :)

Yikes. I'm in the same boat but was trying to do a temp solution that would be easier to replace when the new gear arrives.

The belt sander is so precise I'm not too worried about it. I'm not in a huge rush anyways. I plan on having the holster power coated anyways, that takes a bit of time to have done.

Yes, looks like they're in this thread after all. I must be going mad, I could have sworn they were in a separate thread.

Building this TFA armor for the first time will do that to you haha

• Like 1

Afterwards In installed the 1/4" by 1-1/2" nylon bolt I'll be using to secure the ab boxes to the ab itself. Apply a bit of Devcon Plastic Welder on the head of each bolt.

NOTE: To be clear, in a earlier post I used E6000 to apply adhere the bolts to the boxes. That was temporary, They are now being held on by the Devcon Plastic welder.

What was the reason for previously attaching the bolts with E6000?

Edit- I see that the E6000 gluing was to paint and you planned to replace the bolts with a permanent attachment after confirming the fit was correct after painting.

What confused me was that it looks like you went ahead and replaced the E6000 connection with Devcon before the paint job so I wasn't sure about the extra step with the E6000.

Edited by Bryanmc