Ukswrath's FOTK build thread

ukswrath

I would interested in the materials for the suspension system. I was looking at buying all the stuff on their own and its easly over a hundrend bucks and I would be in the same boat with enough materials to sell off. But if you have leftovers I'd be interested in some... Save me money and time. :)

I'd be, depending on cost.

Cost, yea good question. 

I would interested in the materials for the suspension system. I was looking at buying all the stuff on their own and its easly over a hundrend bucks and I would be in the same boat with enough materials to sell off. But if you have leftovers I'd be interested in some... Save me money and time. :)

I have enough extra material including the mesh for about 3 sets of armor. 

Let me calculate what it would cost for a material ONLY! kit.

This will be minus the shoulder plates which you can make out of cover strip material. I may be able to provide the templates if I convert them to PDF or something.

Let me think about this

1st and foremost, freaking awesome job on the build.

2nd  For anyone reading this,  Never go through this post at work.  My co-worker came to ask me a question while I was on the part of you doing your harness kit....  "Hey can you  oohh....i'll come back later"

me: "wait its not what you think"  :( lol.

3rd. Can I hit you up about your painter and his/her price (if he/she is able to)?  I'm next on Anovos's armor, i'm doing my homework & future debt list.

+1 for GGG!

• Like 1

1st and foremost, freaking awesome job on the build.

2nd  For anyone reading this,  Never go through this post at work.  My co-worker came to ask me a question while I was on the part of you doing your harness kit....  "Hey can you  oohh....i'll come back later"

me: "wait its not what you think"   :( lol.

3rd. Can I hit you up about your painter and his/her price (if he/she is able to)?  I'm next on Anovos's armor, i'm doing my homework & future debt list.

+1 for GGG!

Ah hahaha fishnet baby!

Thanks for the kudos Rick, I'll send you a PM with the painter's contact info.

• Like 1

ok, so quick question. I picked up some "1/4" x 2" Neoprene - center layer of Waist Belt & Shoulder Plate (suspension system)" i used the link that you had on the first page. I got the stuff in the mail, but its really heavy duty neoprene rubber rather than like a foam. i mean it matches the description and is exactly the same stuff that is linked there, but it doesn't have a sticky side... is this wrong or is the stuff correct you just did something differently?

You can use either or. The material you have, mine was damaged so instead of ordering more I used something I had at home already. With that said I will probably buy more of the original material because the foam is too flimsy and the belt wants to sag in certain areas.

Tony, for the two belt boxes that you used the rubber material, I ordered the material you hyperlinked in the materials list. It seems thinner than your pictures appear and it is very soft. It's hard to tell from your photos, but was the material you used a more rigid material? I'm guessing from your photos that the assembled box is roughly 30mm deep? Would that be about right?

It's the correct material, it's pliable yet strong. I'd have to measure my box when I get home.

As described in the build cut the rubber the same OD (outer diameter) as the box face. Rough up all four sides to give them an even look. 

Remove approximately 1/8" of rubber, approximately 3/8" to 1/4" at one end. Use a belt sander or similar. Remove around the circumference of the rubber so that the rubber sits firmly recessed in the box face when finished. This will give the box face something to be glued to.

Afterwards drill the two holes for the 3/4" chicago or similar mounting screws, as described in my build.

Once the holes are drilled sand a 3/8" contour into the opposite (flat) side of the rubber, lengthwise. This section will mount against the floor mat material of the waist belt without flexing too much and causing it to pull out of the front box face.

Once that is finished insert the screws and check the fitment against the belt. You should have enough screw housing protruding from the rubber to go through the floor mat material & neoprene spacer of the belt itself. Double check the male and female threads to insure you're not going to have assembly issues later on.  If all checks out ok then remove the screws, add glue to the head and shank (E6000 is what I used), install in the rubber and let dry.

Once dry Glue the box face to the rubber.

Once dry mount the assembly to the belt.

Update.

After wearing the armor on a couple troops something really began to bug me, the shoulder bells wouldn't lay flat against the biceps at times. After going back through some photos I discovered the movie armor uses elastic, similar to that used to connect he posterior to cod. Simply put it holds the bell against the shoulder gaskets and biceps.

IMG_5566.jpg

Material needed:

10-15"" of 1/8" black round elastic

4x 1" square velcro pads

1. Starting with the elastic, measure and cut a section for each arm. Should fit around 3/4 of the shoulder gasket circumference.

Cut out the velcro squres.

IMG_5557.jpg

2. Using an exacto knife or other create a small hole in the velcro (hook side). 

IMG_5569.jpgIMG_5559.jpg

3. Feed the elastic through the hole.

IMG_5561.jpgIMG_5562.jpg

4. Tie a single knot

IMG_5572.jpgIMG_5563.jpg

5. Sew the extra section of elastic to the velcro

IMG_5576.jpgIMG_5575.jpgIMG_5578.jpgIMG_5579.jpg

IMG_5564.jpg

6. Install the velcro mounts (loop side) on the bells, around the center upper section. Test install.

IMG_5565.jpg

IMG_5566.jpg

IMG_5581.jpg

IMG_5567.jpg

Installation. Leave the front section disconnected when installing armor. Wrap it around your arm then connect to velcro mount, or have your handler do it.

Besides being screen accurate it should give your armor a cleaner look when trooping around.

Enjoy 

• Like 1

Extra:

Steel Holster kit - Available through The New Order Facebook page

Hey Tony,

Is it possible to add the link to this?  I can't seem to find it, all I seen were bands and Nazi pages... lol