Right - Details

MHense_Right_Side_Detail_zpsh9ingkat.jpg

Armor Details

Ab/Kidney Attachment - Button Orientation

MHense_Ab-Kidney%20Attachment-Button-Ori

Hand Plates

MHense_Hand-Plates_zpstdhecryo.jpg

Shoulder Bridge Back

MHense_Shoulder-Bridge_Rear_zps2eonfqnp.

Shoulder Bridge Front

MHense_Shoulder-Brigde_Front_zpsk77hhouh

Back/Chest Connection

MHense_Rear-Chest-Connection_zpsnjzyhuhg

Thigh Pack Attachment

MHense_Thigh-Pack-Attachment_zpsfjf20rrf

Knee Plate right

MHense_Knee-Plate_Right_zpstcx7t5cq.jpg

Knee Plate center

MHense_Knee-Plate_Middle_zpsna9qjraw.jpg

Knee Plate left

MHense_Knee-Plate_Left_zpspqu6umm8.jpg

Drop-Box Back

MHense_Dropbox_Rear_zpsgr4lxisz.jpg

Cod and Butt Plate Attachment

MHense_Cod_and_Butt-Plate%20Attachment_z

Interior Strapping

MHense_Interior_Strapping_zpsd44rqk6e.jp

Kidney Plate Notch

MHense_Kidney-Plate_Notch_zpsfmjmwim1.jp

Wrist side of forearms

MHense_Wrist_Forearms_zpsihtglgp4.jpg

Helmet Details

Front

MHense_Helmet_Front_zpswh1bwadi.jpg

Left side

MHense_Helmet_Left_zpsf8fonbuk.jpg

Back

Marc_Hense_Helmet_Rear_zpsnfetcfpp.jpg

Right side

MHense_Helmet_Right_zpstwypramn.jpg

Hovi Mic Tip Detail

MHense_Hovi-Details_zpsdfxuek4o.jpg

Lens Color

MHense_Lens-Color_zps6zyqnppz.jpg

S-Trim

MHense_S-Trim_zps9zqjrevr.jpg

Blaster Details

Blaster - Right

MHense_Blaster_Right_zpscboyashj.jpg

Blaster - Left

MHense_Blaster_Left_zpse6anihmy.jpg

Blaster - D-Ring

MHense_Blaster_D-Ring_zps6jzsyxqy.jpg

Accessories Details

Neck Seal

MHense_Neckseal_zpsztaqar2t.jpg

Thermal Detonator

MHense_Thermal_Detonator_Back_zpse0f7rux

Holster Attachment

MHense_Holster_Attachment_zpsnz4niojc.jp

Action Shot

MHense_Action_Shot_zps3uk6ymqg.jpg

Since I passed the EIB, I kept working on my Armor. As Steve mentioned in my EIB-Application, I have corrected the belt and filled the recesses. And I cut a new tube for my Thermal Detonator as well. The old Thermal Detonator was about 200mm wide. The new one came down to the width of about 185mm as suggested. Due to the fact that the center panel kept the width that it had, there will still be a little extra bit of space between the panel and the end caps. The thickness of the clips is 2mm. I checked my favorite hardware store for thinner ones but these would be made of 1mm stainless steel and are currently out of stock.

I hope the quality of the pictures is good enough. My wife took them this afternoon while our children were running through the garden like fleeing bulls on a stampede and we where lucky to get those shoots at all. If it should be necessary to retake some of the shots, please let me know.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

I am sorry Marc, this is something we missed during your EIB application, but your split rivets positioning on your abdominal and kidney plates is wrong... The tops rivets are good but the four others may need to be relocated depending on Gazmosis' judgement.

Ā 

While waiting for it, here's a thread that explains how to properly place the side rivets:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26886-split-rivet-placement/

Ā 

Otherwise your armor still looks really great!

• Like 2

This wasn't missed, it never appeared on the EIB application photos to bring it up. I will do a complete review very soon!

... and the rivets start to become an issue for level 3 only following the CRL. Perhaps it would be an idea to add the exact measurements for the positioning of those rivets to the CRL?

Ā 

But no big deal to me at all. I will drill and paste today and load up a picture or two later that day.

Ā 

@Germain: thank you for your suggestion and your sharp eyes.

But no big deal to me at all. I will drill and paste today and load up a picture or two later that day.

I like your attitude :duim:Ā ! Good luck with that.

Ā 

About implementing it to the CRL, perhaps just change the current CRL pictures for side views showing the rivets would be enough.

• Like 1

About implementing it to the CRL, perhaps just change the current CRL pictures for side views showing the rivets would be enough.

I think that would help a lot. Then one can clearly see, that no rivet is to be positioned underneath the cod-line.

Ā 

This morning before i started my "real world"-work, i have drilled the holes and set in the rivets in the right positions. Now the ABS-Paste needs to dry as well as the white color on the rivet-heads. In a few hours that whole thing will be fixed. :duim:

• Like 1

It's me again. Since I do not like unfinished work - even when it was done quick and nice on the first sight - I revisited my armor today and cleaned up the spots around the holes that I filled with ABS-Paste. On the yesterday shot it just looked horrible to me. And since Albin made an announcement to keep the armor as nice and clean as possible, I felt it was the only correct way to really finish my work on these spots. Now please have an eye on the cleaned and polished version today.

Ā 

MHense_Ab-Kidney%20Attachment-Button-Ori

Ā 

Thank you very much for your kind comments, your encouragement and all the suggestions that helped me to improve my armor that far.

Edited by Paggeldiwwer
  • Like 1

Ok Marc!!!! This was a great application to be part of!!! I must say, you did some incredible work here!!!

I do need to clarify a couple things regarding your left side rivets. Ā First, it was correctly mentioned that the rivets ARE NOT something that is applicable to EIB applications. However, if they do appear and are featured in shots like the interior strapping, they are able to be mentioned in theĀ "Centurion Suggestions"Ā section if a repair is needed. Secondly, regarding the rivet placements mentioned in the CRL. Aside from the approximate 10 MM from the kidney/ab seam, the top to bottom placements are not mentioned. There are a number of other aspects of the Centurion armor that are not mentioned either. If EVERY SINGLE point, curve, return edge and color was to be mentioned, the Centurion CRL would be 20 pages long and close to impossible to follow. This is why we have as many photo reference pages available as we do and why we have all the Centurion threads to go back and reference. The pages featuring the archive photos of the original screen used suits leave little doubt how the suits should be properly built down to the last rivet or snap placement. The rivet placements as you first had them, were something I have not seen before. But what this is REALLY about, is your incredible recovery! Let's look!!!

Ā 

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted, Your armor represents all required elements to qualify for Centurion. With that, I would like to congratulate you on this well deserved Centurion award!!

Ā 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

There is little I have to comment on regarding the overall construction of your armor!Ā 

Thank you for getting on the corrections regarding your recessed rivet covers on the waist belt, your total re-work of your thermal detonator, your home made strapping brackets, but most of all, that side rivet location. Ā 

This was a necessary change for one real reason: If your waist belt came up at all, the lowest rivet would show. this was NEVER seen. Not only did you accomplish this, but made the repair look smooth and clean. Almost like it never happened.Ā post-12041-0-86729600-1431619158_thumb.jpg Anyone would be proud of that!!

Congratulations again!!

Wow, I want to thank you all so much for your kind words and your congratulations. It was quite a way. But you helped me through with so many recommendations which I felt to be a great motivation. And I do not want to forget Guidon Messika of Movie-FX who did the basic job on this armor by vacuumforming and basic assembly. Then I started to learn about a lot about my armor and how to really modify it until it suited me that fine. I put some thirty extra-hours to get my beloved Trooper-Armor to reach the ranks. It was all worth it.

I am as happy as could be. Thank you all once again!!!

Congratulations, and welcome to Centurion rank.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am just following this thread because I am also building with the intent of someday joining the ranks of Centurion. I must say the work you have done is an inspiration! Great rework of the rivets.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am just following this thread because I am also building with the intent of someday joining the ranks of Centurion. I must say the work you have done is an inspiration! Great rework of the rivets.

Hi Russel. I am just blessed to have the right tools and materials in my workshop. That's why I was able to make all those changes that quick. So just be prepared for everything to be fixed at anytime on your armor. When I am on a troop, I always have my Toolbox with me. I store sharp knifes in there as well as a hot-glue-gun, fixing-clamps, elastic straps, zap-a-gap, tape, ABS-stripes, a pencil, a black marker and some more small things that might be of great use. And if I should not need to use that stuff, maybe a fellow trooper is in urgent need of it. So beeing prepared is always important. You can react on all matters very quick and collect a lot of good experinece. I wish you a lot of fun and a good hand in building you armor. Can't wait to see the results :duim: