TK-9369 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status(ATA)[515]

NAME:                      JOSE CESPEDES

TK ID:                        TK-9369

FISD NAME:             DRACO

GARRISON:             COSTA RICA OUTPOST

501st STATUS

http://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=11904

Armor =                     ATA  (Terrel Reber)

Helmet =                    ATA (Terrel Reber)

Blaster =                    Hyperfirm blaster

Canvas Belt =           Robert Kittell TK 7143

Body =                       Philip Tso TD 7974

Electronics =            Jim Sauter TK 6294

Holster =                    Self made

Boots =                      Self made

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

016.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

Edited by Draco

Really nice build!  I would echo the opinions of the belt, it looks too low.  I had the same problem, so I glued snaps to the inside of the belt/ab plate to keep it from hanging down.  Worked like a charm!  Also, if you plan on going for Centurion, you might want to paint the rivets on your thigh ammo pack, and I'm not sure about those mic tips.  Looking good, and best of luck!

Edited by justjoseph63

Hi Jose, nice build.

As a rule of thumb, your belt needs to sit right at the base of the main abb button plate, or slightly over the bottom of it. You may only need to tighten your belt to get it to sit where it should, so I would definitely adjust and post the new photo.

I think the mic tips are fine as can have wear or weathering on the ends.

Good luck with your application.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Jose nice build sure, I truly love the ATA lines, beautiful armor.  :duim:

A few things you will need to address (change), but they should take you no time at all.

1) According to the CRL "Thigh ammo belt is attached to thigh with a solid head rivet or fastener in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge.

• The solid head rivet attachment is painted white."

Jose1-crop%20right%20thigh.jpg

2) According to the CRL "Sniper knee plate must not have visible rivets or fasteners attaching it to the shin"

jose2-crop.jpg

3) It appears the front of the belt should come up a 1" or so, but you can easily tighten your belt to accomplish this.

Again, great job sir  :salute: 

Edited by ukswrath

Hey there, José ! Thank you for your application to EIB. You have a nice base build. There are several things we need to go over so let's get to it.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted. There are a few items that will need to be addressed before I can put your EIB badge through. 

First, your calves need to have the opening face the inside of the leg. not the outside as you have it. There should also be cover strips installed as part of the closure. This is a basic 501st approval point so I would fix this one right away. 

Next, The center button plate on your abdomen is designed to sit ON TOP of the raised stage molded into the ab plate. Although there are armors like RT Mad and even the old FX that have the plates molded directly into the ab, they still give the appearance of the plate on top of the stage. The good news here is that a new plate will cover the hole. You can clearly see in this pic the plate mounted on the raised stage.gallery_12157_16_28564.jpg

Next, The sniper plate mounted to the top of the left shin should be glued and not attached by rivets or any other external hardware. 

The last thing is your small belt pack or per pack mounted to the lower, right thigh. The attachment points should be in the upper corners not in the center. I marked where the rivet should be located.post-12041-0-37901300-1429036287_thumb.jpg thanks, Tony for bringing this and the sniper up.

Once you get this rivet re-located, make sure you paint it white.

Lastly, your thermal detonator looks very long to me. Here is a general base to what the parts should come close to measuring to get to the approximate total length of 7 1/4"- 7 1/2" (190 mm). post-12041-0-92332400-1429037225_thumb.jpgCan you show this next to a measuring tape so we can see if it is long or just my eyes playing tricks on me?

I realize this might seem like a lot of work, but I am sure you can handle this. Please ask if you have any questions!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: In this section, I will go over suggestions made by both myself and your fellow troopers. These suggestions are geared towards making the overall look of your armor more awesome. These suggestions will not affect any application. Those are listed above and in Centurion Suggestions below.

Like I said, you have a good base build. Good, clean lines and well adjusted to your body type. 

Nice job on your hand painted details. I think the black outline in your tears below the eyes is a tad thick but acceptable. Some may be looking at the amount of your tube stripes. I'm not sure where you got your decals from, but typically we see a bit of a tighter pattern resulting in a few more stripes per side. But 9 falls into the acceptable range.

A mention was made regarding your shoes and the thickness of your soles. Have I seen thinner? Yes. But as long as this isn;t too thick and the heel not tall, these are fine. No seams in the front.

Centurion Suggestions: Becasue a Centurion application requires a more detailed set of photographs, not everything can be seen here. I do my best to provide suggestions that will make your armor passable for Centurion, but since all details are not seen, the final product is the trooper's responsibility. 

Now, a few things will need to be addressed before applying for Centurion:

We talked earlier about your center button plate and I need to mention the side one. This needs to be trimmed so that the buttons are a flat plate the sits on TOP of the molded platform not covering it....like this:gallery_12157_16_11210.jpg

-You will need to change out your plastic handplates for latex/flexible ones

-though not seen often any longer, you have a strap that connects the back and chest at your side. This is acceptable, but needs to be mounted high so as not to be seen against the armor. This will mean changing it to black. IT will work just as well. I have this on mine  ;) .

-A split rivet will need to be added to the cod portion of the ab plate. It does not need to be functional, just present.

-There should be three (3) split rivets placed from top to bottom on the both the ab and kidney plates along your left side seam. (6 total) They should be located in this configuration. Note the the spacing and location.gallery_12157_16_598.jpgThe "starburst" pattern on these rivets should be ignored in favor of the plain, 8 mm head split rivet. These were functional as they were used to attach the elastic that held the ab and kidney plates together as you can see in the picture. Only the top 4 were seen as the belt covered the bottom 2. This pic also shows two other things that are part of necessary changes to your armor. First is the square notch below the bottom rivet on the kidney. This will need to be on yours. The second is a male snap located on the lower portion of the ab. This snap was used to attach the waist belt to the ab plate. Something I do not see on your armor. Now, this snap is not required, but is is a full proof way of attaching your belt to your ab to prevent the droop of your belt. The top of your belt needs to rest against or slightly overlapping the bottom edge of the button plates.

-the next 2 items are related: the HUGE amount of overlap you have on your sides and the three rivets I see connecting your kidney with the ab on your right side. As you saw in the pic above, the ab and kidney parts should meet at your sides with no overlap and should be butted against each other to form a single seam. I realize that the ATA armor is much bigger around than you are, but you can still make this work. The first thing you need to do is remove the rivets that are connecting the two pieces. Next, center the molded area on your back and butt to align. Now loosen the kidney so it is comfortable and you can get a finger between the kidney and your skin on your back. Now with a pencil, trace the ab edge onto the kidney and trim along this line. We have already discussed the proper rivet placement on your left side, but there are NO rivets on the right. Only a single, inward facing male snap should be installed at the top corner of your ab. The connecting strap with the female half of the snap is attached to the inside. You can see that in this pic:gallery_12157_16_24471.jpgYou can also see the other male snap used to connect the belt to. 

- The square plates with the round portion in the center mounted at the ends of your plastic waist belt are rivet covers. These were used to hide the rivet that attached the plastic belt to the canvas belt. IT seems that you haven't used any means to attach the end of the plastic belt to your canvas one and as a result, you have some pretty good outward flare on the ends. The belt should be tight to the body. There are no requirements on how to accomplish this other than the hardware NOT BEING SEEN on the outside of the belt. 

-You will need to install interior belt boxes that insert into the ones you have.

- Lastly, There should be no overlap or at most minimal of the back over the kidney. A slight strap adjustment over your shoulders can raise your back up and solve that. 

You do have a little work ahead of you. We are here for support and to answer and questions you may have. This may seem like a lot, but we are truly on your side.

• 7 months later...

Hi guys Im back : ) seven months later. I am attaching pictures with the corrections requested, please let me know if this time if this time everithing is ok.

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

Right_1.jpg

Left.jpg

Ab.jpg

Right%20espin.jpg

Left%20espin.jpg

Det.jpg

Hey Jose, as you may or may not know Gaz has retired from the DO business. Sly and myself will be finishing your application. Let's take a look.

Thank you for updating the suggestions requested by Gaz.

Unfortunately your thigh ammo belt will need to be updated before we can continue. The CRL requires the ammo belt be mounted using a solid head cap rivet, you used a pop rivet. Once replaced please paint them white as well.

For level two certification (if applicable):

• Thigh ammo belt is attached to thigh with a solid head rivet or fastener in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge.
    • The solid head rivet attachment is painted white.
    • Standard pop rivets are not allowed

Once you complete this and post a new picture we can move forward. You're almost there trooper  :jc_doublethumbup:

Hi Jose, great work, looks awesome.<br>

I think maybe your belt is still a bit low, also, have you used the inner parts of the drop box to close it? It looks from the rear photo that they aren't in there?<br>

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys Im attaching the pictures with the corrections. I hope this time I have lucky

Front_1.jpg

Side.jpg

Detail%201.jpg

Detail%202.jpg

Thanks

Jose Céspedes

Executive Officer

Outpost Costa Rica

Hey Jose thanks for the updated pics. Let's take one final look at your armor!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All the required photos have been posted. Your armor contains all the necessary elements to qualify for EIB.

With that Gaz, Sly and myself would like to congratulate and welcome you to Expert Infantry. Excellent job sir!  

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: In this section we'll discuss observations made by your fellow troopers, as well as myself and Sly. Sometimes changes and or adjustments are suggested for the overall fitment of your armor. Sly and myself would like to see you bring your chest plate up a bit so that it's not hovering over your ab buttons. Everything else looks excellent, great job.

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section we try prepare you for your Centurion application and we're assuming with the build quality you have that's what you had in mind. If you do choose to apply for you will need to make a couple modifications. Modify, reposition or replace the chest plate so there is no ab button over lap. Also, There can be no back plate to kidney overlap. It should look similar to this. Again, great job  :duim:

ROTJ%20suit.jpg

Hello guys thank you so much, I am very happy now : ).

I understand your suggestion but cause of my height it is hard to do, anyway I will try maybe it is more easy than I think.

Thank you and regards from Costa Rica

Jose Céspedes

TK 9369

Outpost Costa Rica