CHRISTMAS IN APRIL

HPDblues

Hi gang,

I started back to work Monday in a limited duty status. (Got called by a lieutenant from internal affairs today...boy, that was fun.)

So I come home today and find this large box sitting on the couch!

You guys are FANTASTIC! I must have cried on Faye's shoulder for at least 15 - 20 minutes...you guys are WONDERFUL. I was wondering about all these little packages I was receiving the last week or so and BAM, this big one appears today. I kept telling Faye, NO, IT'S NOT EBAY!

I wish I could say I'm better, perhaps I was pushing a little too hard to get back on my feet. Besides the constant pain in my lower back, I'm experiencing numbness in both legs and both hands. Add to the mix a severe bout with depression, well, you guys get the picture - I guess the care package opened the door to all my feelings and I just had to let it out. I kinda feel that I let you guys down...Also, I found out this weekend that a really close friend of mine (and some of you) is in ill health so I've been really worrying about him lately. But I'm very much aware of ALL my blessings and I include all of you when I say that. Thank you.

Thank you all for being so generous with your time and concern for my well-being. When I have the opportunity I'll get some photos posted. Thank you. Mike, it looks like you were the head cheese on this...thank you amigo. Thank you so much.

To all who gave, thank you from the bottom of my heart. You're all too AWESOME!

Warmest aloha & God bless, always!

Tony :salute:

Hey, hey ... how could you let us down? You were doing your job! Do not overdo it. Every cop I know tries to go back to work before they should and many wind up back on the couch in short order. Stay out of drafts as the least little breeze hitting sensitive areas awakens sleeping nerves. The 'get it done' mentality needs to come full circle to yourself. Let your body heal itself.

Keep the faith brother! It will take time to heal. Nothing anyone with a Type A personality likes to hear but one of the unfortunate sides to your injury. (I've been there.)

Everyone here is praying for you and glad to see you're on the road to recovery. Stay safe!

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Take it easy and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Alohas Tony,

Just signed into the FISD, and just getting started on everything. As an ex-Police Officer myself I know how hard it is to not be able to work at 100%. Limited duty, "light duty" at a desk kinda sucks, but look at it on the brighter side. You have a job ! Imagine all those Aloha Airlines employees who lost their job a few days ago.

Better to take your time, and eventually you will get better. "Time is most important".

When I went through my academy, I just got out of therapy for a mean MVC where a drunk driver nailed my car from the back. He was DUI drugs. Time for me was my best friend, as I healed...not 100% but healed enough to make it through my academy.

I pray for you to get 100%, and I know that you eventually will be back on your toes. Sorry I didnt send anything, but I didnt even know this was going on. I hope to meet you soon.

Aloha,

Eric

!!??

Dude iam so sorry i have been so into work, and away from the boards that i just found out. Remeber that we should smile at adversety, it only brings the best out of us and bring Glory to Him

Praying for u man!!!

Proverbs 3:5-6

Luv u man

glad to hear you are slowly getting better. Keep your chin up. I should have sent you some Jar Jar targets to shoot. That would be fun, perhaps some ewok targets too.

• 4 weeks later...