Whats inside your bucket?

So I have been reading all day long about the inside of peoples buckets. I saw a really cool pict from TK4205. Man that thing is legit looking. I also saw a thread a long time ago where someone used cheesecloth and i think black rubber something or other to give it a heavier feel. I can't find that post anymore though. Also what electronics is everyone using? Ive already started my build and didnt paint before trimming so Im gonna have to go through that nightmare.

Plasti dip and cheesecloth here as well! On my shiney new AP bucket. Was time to retire the AM one as it holds sentimental value to me and my wife

---

AP bucket with a "poorboy echo-style" dual fan system and MICH pads

----

And why my AM has sentimental value

---

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020
  • Like 3

Here is the post I was talking about from TK4205. This is SICK!

I'm glad we don't see the inside of a bucket in the movie. It gives us all creative license to do what we want in our own bucket.
rp4M1so.jpg

• Like 5

Still blown away each time I see that Tony. GAAAAH!!! Why can't mine look like that?!  :angry:

Hey thanks Hans. I appreciate the kudos brother. 

A great deal of frustration and $ went into the first build in my TD. This is my TK, a bit refined as you can see.

If I could just find a suitable battery supply I would sell these as kits in a heartbeat. 

• Like 2

SENUv5x.jpg

I just installed my EAS today. To be honest I wasn't sure it was going to fit in there with Echo's fan system. But it all worked out ok. Receiver behind the Vocoder, battery pack nestled under my crown padding. Not to steal the thread for an EAS high five, but that thing is even cooler than the fans. I can't wait to get my first troop in.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2015 at 5:31 AM, Coastertk said:

I just installed my EAS today. To be honest I wasn't sure it was going to fit in there with Echo's fan system. But it all worked out ok. Receiver behind the Vocoder, battery pack nestled under my crown padding. Not to steal the thread for an EAS high five, but that thing is even cooler than the fans. I can't wait to get my first troop in.

Awesome

• 4 months later...

Resurrecting this thread...

I've finally had some time to continue work on an old project.

I sculpted molds for the TK helmet interior parts shown in the Star Wars Visual Dictionary. 

They're not exact, but I think MUCH closer to the image than Master Replica's version.

If all goes well, I'll be pulling lightweight copies of these pieces on a vacuum forming machine.

With real metal accent pieces added and carefully painted, I think these will make an awesome addition to my helmet interior.

As a bonus for 'nutter' Star Wars collectors, and to pay hommage to original props, my side vents are made with scraps of REAL Koolshade material.

Koolshade material is basically very SMALL scale brass louvers, made in the 70's.

The company still exists, but they don't make this version of the material anymore - it's RARE.

An employee at Koolshade found a beat up, dented roll of this vintage material buried in a warehouse - and the alert went out to collectors on the RPF.

Koolshade was used on the LFL studio scale TIE fighters (wings), Millenium Falcon (6 exhaust ports) and AT-ST models (rear vents).

I included a picture for reference and 'gee whizz-ness'.

I learn something new about the Star Wars universe almost every week in this hobby and thought this was interesting enough to share!

Star Wars Visual Dictionary reference photo:

cxjS9bW.jpg

Koolshade:

TW2MOX5.jpg

• Like 3

Dude that is wicked!

Thanks Tony!  Wicked is the intent!!!

I can't even begin to explain the amount of work that went into creating this mold from scratch with nothing to go on other than two pictures from a book.

The trick is going to be fitting all the interior parts while still allowing plenty of room for my head...

I'll post more once I pull the vacuuform parts.

That thing looks like it might be big enough for that Disney card and mic if hollowed, with real wires going down to the mic tip speakers which would be shielded from feedback. Probably fit an external audio system for the earmuff as seen in the dictionary ... Great sculpt, I think you're on to something😎

That thing looks like it might be big enough for that Disney card and mic if hollowed, with real wires going down to the mic tip speakers which would be shielded from feedback. Probably fit an external audio system for the earmuff as seen in the dictionary ... Great sculpt, I think you're on to something

That's the beauty of this piece...you'll be able to hide all kinds of electronic goodies under it.

I also made all the other pieces shown in the Visual Dictionary picture (with the exception of the eye pieces).

The picture above shows my mold.  The vacuumformed pieces pulled from the mold will naturally be "hollow".

• Like 1