Armour for a larger tropper (not in height but gut!)

Your best bet is to post your stats (Height, Weight & Waist around the belly button). The vets here can steer you to armor makers to "fit the build" so to say.

Only one rule Vern, have fun

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Agreed! I tried to find photos of TK B.I.G. but have not been successful. He ended up sculpting his own armor and got 501st accepted back in the day. Maybe someone will have more success in digging up those photos.

I looked in that other thread with the similar name and realised it was referring to taller builds. I am interested in the larger tummied gentlemen and women.

What should I be looking at?

Cheers

Yeah, go with AM 2.0. the RT mod looks really amazing, but is meant for the taller side as you mentioned. AM is the way to go for the horizontally larger person. I'm not super big, and have been losing weight, but am going with AM myself.

I have two guys in my area that are building the most recent AM kit. One is 6'-1" and a 36-37" waist and he added about 2" to the ab/kidney and everything else is perfect. The other gentleman is 6'-2" and thinner but due to the proportions and made for a larger person its fits perfectly. My AM kit worked out well and Im 5'-9" at 175lbs and I had to remove about an 1" from the ab/kidney . The kit is a brighter white and thick .090" ABS. Lots of extra material for bigger arms and legs.

When I enquired with Rob about his RT-Mod armour, I was given the following sizes for his armour :-

Calves - 17"

Thighs - 26"

Waist - 40"

Forearm - 13.5"

Bicep - 16"

Helmet - 24"

Since I am 6ft with a 42" - 44" waist (cycling a lot and eating healthier is bringing the waist down, but unfortunately having the side effect of increasing my thigh size) I found his armour was the more adaptable to my size, I don't like the idea of shimming, but it will need to be done to go centurion.

The waist part used to confuse me until I realised it was around the belly button and not as you would normally measure a waist.

Hope that helps.

Art

I am the person TriumphTrooper mentioned about the shims a few above.

Yes go with the AM kit, there is a couple methods I researched here for making shims and tried them both. Both are decent but both have drawbacks. I found by trial and error the best way to make it seamless and not have hairline cracks where you fill in the seam. I am at the painting stage now and wet sanding. Once done I'll make a thread of what I did. It's kinda a combination of both.

Sent from a galaxy far far away

• 2 weeks later...