What are your other passions besides stormtrooping?(Hobbies)

Polar

I used to play in bands, but just don't have time for it anymore. Home improvements, drawing and did an apprenticeship for tattoos. Although I haven't done any tattoos in a couple of years, I miss it

Ku.jpg

Our_eyes.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by devilmaan
  • Like 3

post-20327-142492721263_thumb.jpg

I shoot target archery. I am also a level 2 archery instructor. Our archery club here in Pasadena CA provides free archery classes every Sat. Morning. Google Pasadena Archery for information. Come on down to the range and I will turn you into an archer!

post-20327-142492737829_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1424927211.879883.jpg

I shoot target archery. I am also a level 2 archery instructor. Our archery club here in Pasadena CA provides free archery classes every Sat. Morning. Google Pasadena Archery for information. Come on down to the range and I will turn you into an archer!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1424927377.489958.jpg

I call FAKE !!!

Ain't NO Stormtrooper shoots that good ... LOL   :laugh1:

• Like 2

Some very cool hobbies.  From Fishing to Wrestling.  I wished I lived closer to take advantage of the archery.  My wife is much better at it then I am.  We got into the TV show Arrow over the winter.  We cannot wait to for the snow to melt so we can go out back and shoot some arrows.

I enjoy backyard astronomy. I have a 6" reflector on a Dob mount for the occasion. I have seen sunspots (through indirect/projection viewing), Mercury, Venus, our Moon (I can identify many surface features especially near the terminator and have a filter for viewing the full Moon), Mars (I can resolve the polar ice caps and surface shading), Jupiter (I have observed the GRS, GWS, Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto and several smaller moons, lunar transits, etc.), Saturn (I can resolve the gaps between the rings, planetary bands, Titan and several smaller moons), Uranus, Neptune, several comets, deep space objects like clusters, nebulae, galaxies and binary stars, and I have even caught the ISS briefly!

I also enjoy model aviation. I have a Spektrum DX7s transmitter and about five different models I fly. Among those is a Multiplex FunCub, a Parkzone P-51D Mustang, a Parkzone Radian, a micro Mustang, and a Blade 180QX quadcopter with a camera. All are fun to fly, but my biggest thrill is thermal soaring with my Radian. I have been able to keep it aloft for over 45 minutes with only a 30 second motor run to about 600 feet! I caught several thermals during that run to climb to a maximum altitude of over 1,400 feet without the assistance of a motor! By the way, a 2 meter plane is just a speck at that altitude.

I do enjoy shooting sports as well. I have a Sig Sauer 522LR, a Smith & Wesson model 457 (.45 ACP compact), and several other weapons. I qualified Expert in the Army and aced my CWP as well!

Edited by trooper96
  • Like 4

I enjoy backyard astronomy. I have a 6" reflector on a Dob mount for the occasion. I have seen sunspots (through indirect/projection viewing), Mercury, Venus, our Moon (I can identify many surface features especially near the terminator and have a filter for viewing the full Moon), Mars (I can resolve the polar ice caps and surface shading), Jupiter (I have observed the GRS, GWS, Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto and several smaller moons, lunar transits, etc.), Saturn (I can resolve the gaps between the rings, planetary bands, Titan and several smaller moons), Uranus, Neptune, several comets, deep space objects like clusters, nebulae, galaxies and binary stars, and I have even caught the ISS briefly!

I also enjoy model aviation. I have a Spektrum DX7s transmitter and about five different models I fly. Among those is a Multiplex FunCub, a Parkzone P-51D Mustang, a Parkzone Radian, a micro Mustang, and a Blade 180QX quadcopter with a camera. All are fun to fly, but my biggest thrill is thermal soaring with my Radian. I have been able to keep it aloft for over 45 minutes with only a 30 second motor run to about 600 feet! I caught several thermals during that run to climb to a maximum altitude of over 1,400 feet without the assistance of a motor! By the way, a 2 meter plane is just a speck at that altitude.

I do enjoy shooting sports as well. I have a Sig Sauer 522LR, a Smith & Wesson model 457 (.45 ACP compact), and several other weapons. I qualified Expert in the Army and aced my CWP as well!

I do a little "BEGINNER" Flying ...

IMG_20140902_214026094_HDR_1.jpg

• Like 1

Once you master the Apprentice S, the Mustang should be no problem for you. Still 4-channel control. It's just a little less stable and a WHOLE LOT faster! Nothing cooler than a close flyby three feet off the deck at 50 mph followed by an aggressive climb and a victory roll! YEAH!

• Like 1

Um......is this a trick question??

I don't think it's a trick question! :D

Aside from trooping, I enjoy many other activities! :D

I'm not very good but I enjoy playing tennis.

418530_10151989760325344_2092961854_n_zp

I love hanging out in the pool.

319309_10151989866345344_941073948_n_zps

Playing Foosball

413185_382266801865002_2114277704_o_zpsl

BBQing

10687063_10152685514303398_4705908924134

Every now and then I'll treat myself to a pedicure.

426641_10152021438105344_746741997_n_zps

• Like 6

My biggest passions outside of Star Wars, the Legion, Trooping and things associated with them are, in no specific order:

Hockey - as a fan and a player. I haven't played consistently since 2010 when I was a member of the Team USA ball hockey team in Kandahar's International League, at Kandahar Air Base in Afghanistan. I'm considering joining a local league after getting my legs back a bit. I've got a nice new pair of skates!!! As a fan, I bleed red, white, and black as a fan of the Chicago Blackhawks.

Seriously love video games... I currently have 11 different systems and a game library that is pushing 500+ titles, but I'm primarily an Xbox guy because I enjoy playing online with my friends, and Clan-mates.

Paintball, those same guys in the XBL Clan (most of them anyway) are also members of my Paintball team. This is another hobby that I don't do as actively as I'd like, because my team-mates primarily live in NY state. I've played several games with over 2,000 players in the Poconos Mountains in Pennsylvania though, and we have full-corporate and field sponsorship as a team. It's a pretty cool perk.

My Mustang... :D

Finally, movies. I love watching movies. The bigger the screen, the louder the surround sound, the better. I love just getting lost in the story, and the emotions of it, and letting it take me to wherever it is that the story leads me. (Usually... There are those movies out there that I just can't tolerate - I'm looking at you, anything starring Melissa McCarthy!)

Outside of that, my family. :D

Great topic, we've got a lot of "getting to know each other better topics" popping up lately. Very cool stuff!

• Like 4