Armor storage/box query..

Hi!  My armor gets here next week, and I just got the dreaded "Where are you store all this stuff when you're not using it"? question.  Ouch.  So, I promptly went to Lowe's, where I found a heavy duty plastic toolbox, with 2 wheels and a lock, but it was big enough to hold a Fiat, (or double as a changing room).

Can anyone recommend a specific brand/size of something along these lines?  Basically just big enough to hold my armor, bucket, and supplies, and yet not need it's own zip code?  Thanks in advance for saving my marriage! :lol:

Edited by justjoseph63

I started with a huge plastic box but found after a few troops upstairs it was a pain to carry, now I've gone with a suitcase and a helmet bag, easier to move around and fit in vehicles. But what ever works for you ;)

• Like 1

Here are a few quick pics of my box. 

70LT Toolbox with tray from the local hardware (Bunnings in Aus). FIts everything xept my helmet. I cut some holes in the tray to fit my blaster too. The box also fits in the boot of almost all hatchbacks, or will take up one passenger spot in the car. 

Hope this gives you an idea of what you can do. 

PS. My armour is strapped together with elastics and snaps so most of it can be taken apart except for the ab and kidneys - which are held together with elastics/rivets. If you use the traditional wire hooks...then you might need a bigger box because you won't be able to take the body apart. 

DpfP6d.jpg

VqTFSH.jpg

04sU17.jpg

ETw5H6.jpg

Edited by HansDC

I have the Stanley Box and found it huge, so I recently picked up a Huskey.

The Huskey will fit everything but the helmet. 

------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

I have the taller Husky box, but admittedly, I'd like to downsize it.

I'm still paranoid about babying my armor, so there are pillows and cut up blanket pieces in there padding everything. The helmet doesn't fit in there the way that I pack it, and the box won't fit in my car. I may have a look around and see if I can find the lower profile Husky box that Pete showed above.

My armor is assembled with the brackets and original strapping, so it doesn't break down at all, outside of removing the Arms, Legs, and Cod...

Thanks!

Pete:  REALLY like the look the small Husky box.  Could you take a second and let me know what size it is?  I believe they go by gallons.

Tim:  I feel ya', brother, about "babying" your armor, and have actually thought about making some kind of felt "slipcovers".   Being borderline OCD is no troop in the park, believe me! :P

due to being limited on storage space at home and with small vehicles, I roll ghetto style using pillow cases. Torso armor gets hung in my closet 

Nice! Get some imperials cogs printed on them and they'd be trick!

I'm running with a cardboard box with the lid held on with sticky tape at the moment. Yes, I would like to upgrade.... Haven't seen those Husky's in Australia....

+1 for husky. I have almost enough room left over for another set of armor when im done! Just not another helmet! I disassemble darn near everything. I pack my chest, back, butt, and crotch plate(i split mine from my abdomen). Then i put my thighs under the tool box carrier with the shins inside the thighs, and my boots right next to those. Then i put my ab and kidney armor on top of my chest etc, slip my biceps into my shoulders, and bend the strap for the forearms(i can fit both arm components into my ab/kidney armor). Helmet right next to it, and blaster and belt get fitted inside as well.

The husky mobile tool box is a BEAST. BUT i can safely get it into the backseat of my 2005 dodge neon, and much more comfortably into the back of my 09 nissan xterra.

I put all my accessories and emergency troop kit, and aker into the tool carrier.

I always ask myself if i am missing anything because playing tetris growing up DOES HELP YOU LATER IN LIFE. :)

• Like 2

Also, one word of advice, whatever you choose, go very conservative on stickers or anything that MAY make your box an easy target for thieves. Go crazy with customizing on the inside lid, but keep in mind that a lock won't stop a theif who sees star wars stickers all over the box and takes a chance of there being something realy expensive inside.

Just my .02 cents on the matter :) most don't even consider this, including myself until i thought deep and hard about it

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2015 at 7:05 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Thanks!

Pete:  REALLY like the look the small Husky box.  Could you take a second and let me know what size it is?  I believe they go by gallons.

Tim:  I feel ya', brother, about "babying" your armor, and have actually thought about making some kind of felt "slipcovers".   Being borderline OCD is no troop in the park, believe me! :P

Sorry for the late response. I've been using Tap Talk alot lately and missing a lot of posts. (New TapTalk update sucks)

The Husky pictured below is 25 Gallon and cost me $50.

I have it lined with tool chest drawer liner, about 6 feet or so, so it wraps all the way around length wise.

Shins go inside the thighs; forearms biceps and bells go inside the shins.

Both thighs containing everything goes inside the torso. I'm still experimenting with packing to find the best way to do it. (blaster is not in the bin in the pictures below)

Tim, I have to disconnect my chest from my ab to get it to fit better, your bracket system may prevent you from using this bin (keep your receipt).

Previous Tetris experience a plus for sure  ;)

----------

--------------

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021