TK 24218 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [AM][415]

Well guys here we are! I am happy to have my submission reviewed for EIB status. The AM kit takes some pretty excessive amount of trimming to fit my body type, BUT it can be done!

I do plan on taking this armor all the way to Centurion status, once the necessary components are gathered, I fully intend to further my armor with the highest level of FISD. Currently I am searching for a NE chest and back(ONLY because they are from the same maker, therefore will be a better color match).

I am submitting this application, not for boasting, but to prove to myself that I can build an armor to this standard.

And away we go!

Mandatory Info:

Name = Andrew Repasky

TK ID = 24218

FISD Name = fuumantroop

Garrison = Star Garrison

Armor Maker = Armor Masters(AM 2.0)

Helmet Maker = AM 2.0

Blaster Type = Hasbro Doopy Doos Conversion E-11

Optional:

Height = 5'10

Weight = 180 lbs.

Boots Maker = TK Boots

Canvas belt = TKittel

Hand Plates Type = AM ANH style

Electronics = custom helmet fan system made by myself

Neck Seal Type = Darman

Holster Maker = Darman

Bucket off

DSC03924.jpg

front

DSC03925.jpg

back

DSC03926.jpg

Left arm raised

DSC03928.jpg

Right arm raised

DSC03931.jpg

Left side detail

DSC03929.jpg

Right side detail

DSC03932.jpg

Ab detail

DSC03896.jpg

Action shot

DSC03933.jpg

Helmet details

Front

DSC03882.jpg

Sides

DSC03883.jpg

DSC03884.jpg

Back

83CE284B-F386-4916-A75F-D8EE212BA4BC.jpg

Hovi mic

DSC03887.jpg

Lens

DSC03886.jpg

Blaster

DSC03935.jpg

DSC03934.jpg

Neck Seal

DSC03909.jpg

Thermal Detonator

DSC03900.jpg

DSC03901.jpg

Belt and holster attachment

DSC03922.jpg

DSC03921.jpg

Electronics

139592E9-DA6C-4893-8EA6-AC9F9385E51A.jpg

COD attachment

DSC03905.jpg

Butt plate

DSC03906.jpg

Side snap

DSC03904.jpg

Interior Strapping

DSC03908.jpg

DSC03907.jpg

Elastic on ribber shoulders

DSC03898.jpg

Drop boxes

DSC03902.jpg

No return edge on wrist

DSC03903.jpg

Rubber S trim

DSC03885.jpg

Thigh ammo belt

DSC03911.jpg

DSC03912.jpg

Sniper knee

DSC03915.jpg

DSC03916.jpg

DSC03913.jpg

Better shot of ab details

EB80816B-5ED4-4BCE-ADC4-CB708EC5A333.jpg

Notch cutout

491AE39B-4CF9-47F1-A1ED-C0B2C4C1E9F1.jpg

SPARE ABS RANCOR PIT

0E6CE39F-B717-4DF4-862A-94A690284675.jpg

UPDATED BELT PIC

5502F999-43BC-4BD7-B0C9-88E08343E67B.jpg

FUUMANTROOP'in (before thighs trimmed down)

DSC03857.jpg

Thank you for your consideration!

Edited by fuumantroop

Looking good, Andrew!

The only things that seem to jump out at me a bit are the button covers on your belt. Are they recessed, or are you using two different types on the same belt? The one on your right - the left as you're looking at it - looks a little different than the other two.

Aside from that, perhaps your wrists are a little bit tubular looking, and your TD screws could be black, but those are more general observations than requirement stuff.

Lastly, you don't have a photo showing the back of your bucket. You did a great job painting, show off your traps! LoL

I think you'll be good to go pretty easily. ;) that's for Steve to say though.

Edited by Dark CMF
  • Like 1

I plan on getting the TD screws blacks, just have not gotten around to it yet. As for the belt, they are recessed covers and all have the same cover to them. I have another belt that just has normal covers, but haven't had time to really get that belt attached just yet.

Thanks for the compliment on painting, but its mostly decals :)

I am not too sure i follow you about the wrists. What do ya mean?

Thanks everyone!

Gotcha. They are tapered slightly, i may taper them just a bit more, but its a squeeze to get my hands through as is lol.

Thank you for your input Tim! Anything and everything helps! :)

Thanks! The anticipation has me checking back more often than normal lol! I am still working on closing the side gap on my right side. Might add another snap or two to try to close the gap.

Ill be getting the other plastic ammo belt trimmed up after the weekends over. Between trooping and catching up on some quality family time, I haven't had a ton of time to mess with it just yet. But it WILL be done! I just needed a mental break :)

Hey Andrew! Thank you for your application for EIB!! Let's take a look at your armor!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted. Your armor contains all elements necessary to achieve Expert Infantry. With that said, I would like to congratulate and welcome you to EIB!!!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

This section is used by myself and your fellow troopers for suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor, Unless specifically stated, these suggestions will not affect any application. 

There haven't been too many suggestions given because there aren't too many to give! You have a solid, detail oriented build that will serve you well into your trooping future. Care was taken to fit this to you. AM can be a very large armor on someone of your frame. You made it work well for you. 

Tim had mentioned your forearms and I think the tubular appearance was due to camera angle and not construction. The full body shots of your armor show a fine shape to your forearms so I wouldn't change anything here. 

I am sure you are pleased with your belt upgrade!!

If you want, you could dab a little black paint on those thermal detonator screws but that's up to you.

Centurion Suggestions:

You have done many of the details that a person who intended on applying for Centurion would do. However, AM armor in this form cannot qualify for use in the Centurion program. Both the chest and back plates will need to be replaced before an application can be submitted. Hopefully you will follow up on this and we will see an application from you in the future. When you do make the upgrade, make sure you re-attach your shoulder bells so that they sit darn near touching the ribbed shoulder bridges.

The next element that will need changing is the blaster. Your weapon must be totally based on the Sterling SMG and not the Hasbro toy (although your upgrade was cool!!) Hyperfirm, DVH, and Doopy Dos full and pipe kits are good places to start. 

Lastly, you will need to upgrade your handplates to painted rubber or flexible white handplates affixed to the back of your rubber gloves. 

Congratulations again on this fantastic armor! We hope to see your upgrades!!

• Like 1

Excellent! Thank you Steve!

I do fully intend to make those upgrades, its just a matter of time. I have a good lead on a chest amd back piece, and have been eyeballing a pipe build kit. Im literally a click away from purchasing accurate handplates as well! I also will be replacing my helmet when funds are available, and will try my hand at handpainting the details, thanks to your fantastic ATA helmet build Steve!

It is much easier to build an armor with Centurion in mind, instrad of having to go back and readjust!

I would like to thank all parties involved in helping me get to this point merely a week out of getting basic approval! THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH! But most of all, my wife has to get the biggest kudos on this for putting up with a rather messy armor build :)

She has now informed me that she herself would like to put together a costume and join the 501st. I have been lobbying for a Femme Trooper, but she is being quite resistant due to the total time of building LOL.

Thanks guys! It makes me even more proud to wear the armor now! Perhaps next build won't consist as much trimming as this kit had me do. But it was a lot of fun!

Thanks Scott and Andrew! Im now debating between a MTK, AP, and ATA helmet as my next armor upgrade. But first, i want to get an aker voice amp to add another dimension to trooping this armor :)