Original trooper boots

After searching for what seems a life time, I have finally found a pair of boots used for the original ANH stormtroopers. There are many boots that are very similar, and I even bought a few thinking they were the same, but after close inspection found them to be incorrect.

I am attaching a couple of pics of Johns' original boots that were posted on the RPF for comparison, so I hope you don't mind mate.

There may have been several different brands used in ANH, but these are a match to the ones John owns. Unfortunately they are two sizes too small, but they are the same brand as the originals and that's what counts.

Here's the pics :)

boots.jpg

P8170423.jpg

Originalcompare1.jpg

P8170421.jpg

P8170420.jpg

P8170422.jpg

Edited by troopermaster

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm size 8! :):):)

But I don't think you're going to sell those :P

Isn't a great feeling when you find something you've been looking for for years? Priceless!!!!!

John Has an original pair of boots & other fantastic items, also now known as "stormtrooper, formally Pugman"

that's my guess anyway. :huh:

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?show...amp;hl=original

Interested in the brand if it's still visible?

Ah, I recognize that armor from starwarshelmets.com. Wow! I love when stuff like this comes out.

Yeah it's a great feeling to finally have these boots in my possession after all this time. I just hope I can find a pair in size 10 :D

WOW I'm a size 10 aswell!!! :o , so maybe two pair of eye's could find them twice as fast :D If only I knew what we were looking for ;) .

congrats on the find TM, another piece of the puzzle found.

Thanks, but I won't be revealing the brand of these boots. It has taken a long time to locate them and if you want a pair, then you will have to do the hard work just like I had to. It goes to show that if you are determined and enthusiastic, you can find out stuff...if you try hard enough.

Thanks, but I won't be revealing the brand of these boots. It has taken a long time to locate them and if you want a pair, then you will have to do the hard work just like I had to. It goes to show that if you are determined and enthusiastic, you can find out stuff...if you try hard enough.

Can you at least say whether or not it is possible to find these across the pond, and were they mass produced.

Well, thats helpful. After spending about 20 minutes looking for boots I see that Chelsea boots are ridiculously priced anyway. CA boots are only $80...... Chelsea boots $450

Paul I am so happy for you that you have found the original boots, you must be so thrilled, and we are thrilled for you!!! :) What an achievement.

Wait... Isn't that kind of counter to the purpose of groups like this? Sharing information and sources for things we've found to get that much more accurate? I've been searching determinedly and enthusiastically. For years. That's how I eventually found a maker in Australia who makes the nearest thing to the originals that I've found so far, which I posted above (well, not entirely -- they also make versions with smooth natural-leather soles, but they're pricier and I prefer these because they have textured soles and I don't want to slip).

I'm not seeing how it harms you to share what you know. Otherwise, the 501st would still be people making their own Stormtrooper armour from scratch in their basements, with only still photos for reference, and the FX kit would still be considered totally screen-accurate. I just don't understand that comment at all... :huh::unsure::(

--Jonah

Jonah,

After spending well over a year searching for these boots, I cannot simply hand over information freely just so any joe bloggs can benefit from my hard work.

If you feel the boots in the picture you posted are the closest to the original on-screen boots, then I suggest you buy them and be happy :D

Trooper master does make hes armour from scratch in hes basement from years of hard work and photo ref!having stuff handed to you on a plate is nice but putting in the hours is far more of a personal Journey and a 1000% more satisfying .