TK-95020 Requesting Centurion Status[RS][133]

Untitled_zpsebc76a9c.png

Gazmo doesn't approve you now I'm totally demoting him. 

-Eric

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

ANYWAY!!! YES! We can still have fun. Welcome Diana! Your journey has been a learning experience and an inspiration to many. I will admit that I had my doubts. Knowing the RS suit as well as I do and knowing how much you were going to trim off had me growing gray hairs.  ;) But you did it and now here you are! Thank you for your Centurion application. Let's look at your armor!!!

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted. With all the adjustments and changes you have made, your armor now meets all the standards required for Centurion. Congratulations and Welcome!!!

Especially with Centurion, the little details make the difference: new side rivet locations, adjusted kidney plate, proper cod rivet, proper length on cover strip on lower right thigh, and corrected frown paint (no paint between teeth) brought this to the next level. Nice work!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

This is the section where myself and your fellow troopers provide further suggestion to improve your armor even more. These are suggestions that do not affect your application.

I applaud anyone who ventures out of their comfort zone into the zone of hand painting their details. I know you enjoyed this, Diana. Sometime in the future when you get the chance, take your gray paint and thin out the black outlines especially on your right side of the helmet. on the originals, these outlines were pinstripes at best:post-12041-0-89442500-1408674333_thumb.jpg

The paint on your right side could have these outlines reduced just a bit.RIGHTSIDEDETAILHELMET_zpse7b53184.jpg

While we are on the subject of your helmet, I would give those ear screws on your left side a few extra turns. This will probably cinch that ear a little more snug.  

Steve had brought this up regarding the clips on your thermal detonator. I agree that they should be pretty much touching the control panel.gallery_12157_51_33329.jpgThese can easily be moved as the clips will hide the old holes. 

The only other thing I would adjust is the enthusiastic gold color on your blaster's scope. A little acrylic paint and it's done!

Way to go, young lady! You join a small yet elite group of lady Centurions! Congratulations again!!!!

Congrats!

I hope that your build thread inspire more ladies to join the White Side and make there armors as nice as yours. Bucket off to you bro... I mean sister

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Tolo

Thanks, Steve!

Getting this standard-sized suit trimmed down did present a... uh... small challenge.  So, thank you to everyone who helped over the past six months as we agonized over every last trim, nip, cut and cod reduction.  It was truly a team effort.

Congrats!

I hope that your build thread inspire more ladies to join the White Side and make there armors as nice as yours. Bucket off to you bro... I mean sister

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you, Eric.  Actually, getting more ladies to join is a goal of mine.  I would especially love to see more lady TKs in my garrison.  At the moment, I'm the only one and it gets a bit lonely.

Steve said there was no need to post a new photo, but I was curious to see how it all fit with the these new adjustments.  Steve happened to ask if the armor would fit differently with this new alignment and thought it would fit better.  The answers are yes, and yes.  I walked upstairs to the full-length mirror in my son's room to make sure I had all the pieces before I took the new picture.  It wasn't until I was halfway back down the stairs that I realized: "Wait.  Since when I can easily scale stairs?" I use to walk up and down them like C-3PO.  Just this one small adjustment made everything suddenly shift into place, and the C-3PO factor went away.

One note...

Although your goal was a valiant one and you achieved what you set out to accomplish in regards to navigating stairs. Not quite movie/canon accurate. Keep in mind that armor was sculpted to optimize the look on camera and not built for comfort for the character actors at that time.  The C-3PO factor was just one of many challenges they dealt with when filming.

The next time we troop together... You take the stairs and I will opt for the elevator. B)  

Ah, you are referring to my right shin which popped open?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpmdVAQzXQI&list=UUKHteoghaTkXe0KrfAA4DGQ  Yes, on one of the two times over the past two months when I resized the shins, I took out the hook system my engineer invented and replaced it with Velcro.  With the thigh pieces on, I simply couldn't achieve the body contortions required to bend down, reach around backwards get both sets of hooks to slide in with the manner he'd so cleverly designed.  So, I cut them out and replaced them with Velcro.  Ah, Velcro.  Smush it together in one simple move and you're good.  However, after rewatching my video a few times and scowling at my uncooperative right shin, I started thinking... (Always a dangerous thing, mind you...)  Standard hooks and holes (like you have on your armor) might actually hold better than Velcro.  So, even discounting the C-3PO factor, it might provide a superior solution for all that stair climbing I plan on doing in the future.  After all, somebody has to push your stiff-legged butt up the stairs.

• Like 1

Thank you, Todd, Adam, Germain.  So happy to make Centurion.  I received so much encouragement, help and advise that allowed me to get here.  But, the best part is it taught me to look at the armor and always want to make it better.

holy crap! how did i miss this. congrats on Centurion! always proud to have another in our garrison. good work Diana!

Thanks, Joey!  Very proud to become the first female Centurion in our garrison.  Hoping there will be many, many more after me.  

Thank you.  Outstanding.  I will get you back on track building one way or another.  We'll see you suited up as a member of GGG sooner rather than later.  The trick is to convince the wife how good she will look in armor and bring her over to build armor with us.  Women look awesome in shiny white armor.

• Like 1