Can anyone identify this armor?

I picked this up from someone last year and just recently had the time to start trimming it. I figured since it is somewhat yellowed, although sanding with fine sandpaper brings the white back out somewhat, I would make this my Sand Trooper, although it is missing some parts. But I cannot pin down which armor it is. It has ROTJ hand guards, and the Ad plate is odd,

Enough talking, pictures are what we need here:

OK, for some reason I cannot paste links to my photobucket.....

Edited by TD369

you simply use the URL feature of photobucket and paste the code into the post box.  if you use direct link, you need to paste it into

the media box, but if you use the image tag with the href link you simply post the code into the box.

Here is the back also. There is little details in the "gear" Not sure if it is meant to look like that, or just a soft pull, but you cant see any teeth. And one shin looks pretty close...

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Doesn't look like anything I've seen in a long while - 100% sure not RT Mod. Alas, this is not Legion approvable. :(

Wow, good eye man! The thighs definitely look Don Post, but the back plate not so much. I had not seen those pictures when I looked the DP up. This may very well be something pulled from a Don Post.

Then I guess it would be useless to try to use this armor? I was wanting to get the missing pieces and make this a TD while keeping my ATA clean. Not worth it???

Edited by TD369

I would never make this crazy armor into a TD.

Just because TD is dirty doesn't mean it's not as intricate and detailed... and in many cases more detailed (weathering) then our normal TK's.

It would be a travesty to take a crazy bad recast and turn it into a TD.

Actually, my reasoning for making it a TD was because it has yellowed quite a bit. With some sanding, the white does come back some, but it is not glossy. I used to have a TD back in the day when I had my FX kit back in 2000. Obviously back then, we were not really aware of all the different details and such, but I thought this may be acceptable for a TD. I have been out of the loop for a while :)

Thanks for helping identify this for me guys!

What do you mean Paul? Did I say something to offend? when someone first said Don Post I only looked at one small picture and dismissed it. You found much better pictures and I agree, aside form the back, the gear part on mine has no gear teeth whatsoever.

I got my first FX armor back in 2000, long before all the details became known. When I decided to maybe get armor again, I found this on craigslist. I have since been reading about MANY differences. I think you for the information....

Edited by TD369