Sketchy? Ebay Armor Seller.

------------

This link is an armor seller I found on eBay.. I know I was told to avoid eBay, but I went poking anyway.. He says he is a member of 501st since 2007 and has had a lot of these suits made 501st EIB and centurion. I was posting to get ideas of what everyone else thought. It seemed like a really nice set of armor with the difference in shoulder bells, left arm and left leg being slightly different then the other as he mentioned in the description. Also made of the same materials used by most 501st being 2mm think white ABS. Vacuum forms himself by molds given to him from a retired armor maker.. Seems promising..

Thoughts??

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

The thing that bothers me.. I'm emailing him personally trying to get as much info out of him as I can.. He took the molding process from the older caster only a year ago.. So he may make them better. He is part of a garrison in Arizona, his armor his GML approves for EIB status.. He may put more detail in than the precious caster..

The thing that bothers me.. I'm emailing him personally trying to get as much info out of him as I can.. He took the molding process from the older caster only a year ago.. So he may make them better. He is part of a garrison in Arizona, his armor his GML approves for EIB status.. He may put more detail in than the precious caster..

I've seen in person, the details aren't the sharpest but the quality of plastic is great. I ignore the people here that break out in hives to the word recast. regardless, the kit is a good price for what you're getting.

now makerofthings, THAT armor was a joke.

The thing is mixed reviews.. Everyone has their own opinion.. And I've seen armor sets that he has made with further talking to him.. The reason I'm holding back from buying it is the name. CTM I'm afraid if bought I won't be able to get in the garrison just because of CTM. I've spoken to other GMLS and they have accepted this armor.. So why can't my garrison simply because its a known recast? Technically.. Everything is recast from something.. I Dont understand the bias 501st has against some good quality makers of armor :/ why stick to a list of 5 makers (minimum selection 'theres got to be more then 5 armor makers') that only the FISD approves? Not being harsh.. Just asking.

Recasts can be accepted into the legion. It has nothing to do with their status as recasters to do with it. Our list of vendors are here because they are known to be of good quality, and reliability and they didn't rip anyone else off in the process of getting their moulds. In fact, most of them spent a ton of money getting them, instead of just copying someone else without their permission.

Why you should stay away from ebay, at least until you know what you are doing, is because newbies like yourself are far too likely to get ripped off and get a overpriced shucks product. It has happened many times before.

You got your first set of armour on ebay, and it was rejected even after extensive modifications. I would have thought you had learned from that experience by now. You have a whole thread here that have no financial interest (expect maybe ABS80) in which armour you buy, and only want to help you get the best (both in terms of money, quality and accuracy) armour for you. Do you really think that a random stranger on ebay will have the same considerations for you?

Rostam, i will tell you i was turned down because this was a recast build. Make sure you know what you are buying so you will not make the same mistake i did. avoid ebay and purchace wisely. hit this link if you dont have armor already.

Kyle, I'd say just stick to your own advice here. Don't go for the quick kill. Personally, I'd stick with one of the vetted dealers so you can purchase without fear of what you are going to get. There are option out there that are quality and within your price range. I'd hate to see you invest a second time and still get burned. The process may take time, but it'll be worth it. IMHO.

Have you thought about reaching out to MTK? Not a vetted maker here but is very well known and appears to have outstanding customer service. Kit is very reasonable and not a long wait time. Seems way better than what your looking at and in same price range.

I've done business on his website and everything has been great

MTK is Trooperbay. Same place where you can get the decals I Listed above. His is a relatively new kit, and he's got a good rep here for TK accessories even if his TK kit has not been put on the vetted list. ATA has a long wait, but Terrell is a top notch seller to deal with and his kit would be in your price range as well.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16230-mtk-anh-stormtrooper-armor/?hl=mtk

This thread says a lot. I still am not sure why MTK can't sell on here. It's all confusing and the discussion unfortunately went dormant. But click on his name and PM him or his email is on there as well.

I own an MTK helmet. Great helmet and armor too! But I also own CTM armor shin pieces. It's really think ABS and a little hard to trim than other armor. It's just a recast of ATA though but they work fine only reason I got them from CTM is because AP didn't have any available and it's a close color match CTM had em in stock.