Mr. "No Stripes" and basic standards...

TK1491

What are your thoughts on allowing a "no stripes" version of the TK to be included as an option in the basic standards? Personally, I think it should be an option, as this dude is arguably one of the most famous troopers in the films. Heck, he even has dialogue! :)

What do you think? B)

27.jpg.fbec574b2f867511dd3e64c8ceeea252.jpg

I guess I come at it from this perspective:

1- I dig Mr No-Stripes :wub:

2- In the spirit of uber-accuracy, wouldn't a stripeless TK bucket--as portrayed above that appears in one of the more memorable scenes--be more accurate than, say, an FX helmet? I think a "no-stripe" version could certainly be an option (perhaps not encouraged) to the basics. Just my humble $.02.

fair enough :) You must admit, this mistake got much higher billing than gaffer's tape in the background. Plus, I doubt we'd have millions of no-striped troopers as a result of an option like that. I just thought it was a unique-enough anomaly to consider.

As an aside, I wouldn't be in favor of the no-brow TD outside the Cantina, just because he didn't take center stage like Mr No-Stripes did (my sincere apologies to those who disagree with my TD opinion! B) )

I'm actually a huge fan of Mr. No Stripes. Thing is this error helmet made it in the promo poster, stormtrooper action figure card photo, and has many close ups in the movie.

Personal feelings aside, it isn't even 501st acceptable variant and we have to follow Legion rules before we raise the bar for elite standards.

Actually it's not canon. Mistakes made in the movies like this are not considered canon. They're called f-ups. :)

Yeah Bernard, this topic again (sorry new guys, but this comes up at least once a year, every year). Kinda like the "should pauldrons be allowed" kinda thing.

If you really want to go nuts, check out this thread and all the variations people make to their kit. I think most of it is just too much of a good thing, but I have to admit I really dig the samurai sword.

http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3712

Actually it's not canon. Mistakes made in the movies like this are not considered canon. They're called f-ups. :)

Yeah Bernard, this topic again (sorry new guys, but this comes up at least once a year, every year). Kinda like the "should pauldrons be allowed" kinda thing.

If you really want to go nuts, check out this thread and all the variations people make to their kit. I think most of it is just too much of a good thing, but I have to admit I really dig the samurai sword.

http://www.mepd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3712

Sorry. I just think its a nice bit of a unique feature. Though were not supposed to be individuals are we lol. As previously stated id like to have one, but i dont think id troop in it, i love my blue tube stripes way too much. Thats just my $.02.

This topic is hilarious! I don't think it should be an option, but my girlfriend thinks it should. LOL Hands down Mr. "No Stripes" rocks! :lol:

I always thought that the blue stripes were part of some sort of ventilation system because, well.... they look like vents.

Assuming this is true, Mr. No Stripes is slowly asphyxiating himself.

Every word of dialogue he utters gets him one step closer to death as the CO2 levels inside his helmet reach dangerous levels.

Let us hope that he gets a properly working helmet soon, so we can all breathe easier.

I always thought that the blue stripes were part of some sort of ventilation system because, well.... they look like vents.

Assuming this is true, Mr. No Stripes is slowly asphyxiating himself.

Every word of dialogue he utters gets him one step closer to death as the CO2 levels inside his helmet reach dangerous levels.

Let us hope that he gets a properly working helmet soon, so we can all breathe easier.

I never even thought about it like that. The poor guy is oging to kill himself! Someone go pull his helmet off!

Sorry. I just think its a nice bit of a unique feature. Though were not supposed to be individuals are we lol. As previously stated id like to have one, but i dont think id troop in it, i love my blue tube stripes way too much. Thats just my $.02.

As a variation it is kinda cool though - an insider piece of trivia - for non-canon events. I draw the line when it's tried to be made "official" though.

As a variation it is kinda cool though - an insider piece of trivia - for non-canon events. I draw the line when it's tried to be made "official" though.

Yeah no tube stripes is defidently not for things like official events. Im with ya there man.

There seems to be more than 1 tk with no-stripes. There is a stunt version with four teeth and a hero version with 3 teeth that i have seen in the film.

My TE2 anh stunt build i hope to have finished by the week end is going to be no stripes, why could'nt this thread of started after i showed pictures of that :P

First off, acknowledge the 501st basic standards require stripes, and unless and until that changes, this is moot.

That said, they had every opportunity to put a helmet with stripes on the "She'll be all right..." trooper before they rolled cameras. They didn't. That says something to me, if only "it wasn't important enough to delay filming for one minute".

I never thought they were ventilation. They were blue. I could see that in my Storybook and poster magazines. And in addition to Mr. No-Stripes, there were also how many with less than the "standard" number of stripes, or different numbers on each tube? But since we don't know what they actually signify, going with the balanced maximum number seen as the standard makes good sense.

GO ahead and make a second bucket with no stripes and wear it to casual events. :) And keep pushing for a revision to the 501st standards, or maybe a specific optional exception in the ANH Elite standards. But don't expect it to happen for at least another year. *heh*

--Jonah