Neck Seal

TK51508_Neck_Seal.jpg

Thermal Detonator Back

TK51508_Thermal_Detonator_Back.jpg

Holster Attachment

TK51508_Holster_Attachment.jpg

Helmet Off.

TK51508_Front_Helmet_Off.jpg

Your camera distorts the pics. They looks squished. Anyway. I don't think EIB will be a problem for you. If you want to go for Centurion, I would make some adjustments in the way the armor fits. You have a good quality build but it looks REALLY big on you. If you are indeed 6' 1" and 175 lbs. you are a beanpole and I find it really hard to believe that you need side shims that are that big. They look like 3 inches on both sides. You have a huge amount of room in your biceps and you thighs look like they can be taken down considerably. This will tighten up your fit and probably make the armor more comfy to wear. Make sure the drop boxes are positioned under the waist belt's far edge. Hyperfirm REALLY accentuates the gold on the scope. I'd knock that down a bit.

Good luck trooper!!!!!

Yes the pictures seem distorted because I re-sized them based on the photo checklist sheet that requests the pictures be 1280 x 960.  That did seem to stretch some photos.

I ordered a d-ring for my blaster from Trooperbay last night.

Yes I do want to get to Centurion, so it is up to Phil if I pass EIB as is.  I can start re-sizing my biceps and legs for Centurion.  Currently I have foam in them to keep them in place.  But I can remove the foam and cut the pieces down.  

Yes I am skinny... except around the midsection.  :P  So the 3 inch shims were necessary to bring the ab plate around to line up with the front.  I am not THAT big but it is the way the T/MC armor is.  I can't get it any closer to line up without the shims.  I understand a 1/2 gap is permissible, but I thought if the joints weren't almost joined I would have issues with Centurion.

Thanks for the feedback.

I am no longer the Detachment Officer.

The honor of clearing you has been passed on to Darth Aloha.

Good luck in your clearance process.

Thank you for your service Phil.

Standing by for a report.

Michael,

It's good to see a TM/C trooper. We don't see enough of them. It's a nice clean build with a solid strapping system. 

Here are my comments:

CRL Related

As already noted the blaster D-ring is all you need to get your EIB award. I'm happy to approve you as soon as you post a photo of the d-ring. 

Other

N/A

Centurion Suggestions

• Replace shoulder elastic with wider white stuff. I think its supposed to be 1.5"... would someone confirm for me?
  • White rubber or latex hand guards and rubber gloves are needed per the CRL. 
  • Your thighs and biceps are a little big. I wouldn't stop you from getting Centurion with them but I do recommend resizing them a tad. It would help the overall look. 
  • The side shims do seem a little big and oddly angled on the top. I think if the ab came up a little the shims wouldn't create an obvious dramatic angle. I suggest researching a way to integrate the side shims so they blend in a little better. 
  • I agree with Gazmosis about the drop boxes needing to move out. It may look a little weird at first but I think they're better off aligning with the edges of the plastic belt and being outboard too far than placed properly in front of you. 
  • I can't quite tell but it looks like you may not have the faux hand painted stickers on your helmet. They should be replaced or more preferably painted by hand.
  • Either your thin white shoulder bridge elastic may have scooted too far up toward your chest plate in the photos or you need to add it per the CRL. 
  • Your back/kidney strapping should be tightened a tad. 
  • I think you may still need to put solid headed rivets in the thigh pack per the CRL. 

Let me know here, email or a PM if you have any questions at all.

-Eric

Thanks for the feedback.

As stated, I ordered a D-Ring last night from Trooperbay, so as soon as it arrives I will install it and submit a photo that evening.

--------------------------------

For Centurion....

I do already have the rubber gloves and white hand guards ready to go.

I had seen that I needed the white elastic shoulder straps.  That will not be a problem, I already the 1 1/2 white elastic, so I can make those easily.

The stickers that are on the helmet are the ones that came with my armor kit.  I will look for replacements or try my hand at painting....yikes!!

I will tighten the strapping between the back/kidney.

I have the rivet to add to the knee/ammo belt, just need to install.

Have what I need to make the buttons and split rivet on the crotch.

The only thing that will be a bit more work is trying to re-size the biceps and legs.  The shims were made to fit closely.  I need to do a better job of getting them to fit better when velcro'ed in place.

I will try to have all of this done when i go to submit for Centurion.

Thanks for letting me know what to work on.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Update... finally heard from Mike at Trooperbay.  Says D-Ring was shipped out last Friday.  No delivery yet.  I will update with an installed photo as soon as it arrives.

Thanks man. Looking forward to seeing it. 

-Eric

FINALLY!  I got the d-ring in from Trooperbay.  Had to search the forums to see how others had installed it with a Hyperfirm blaster.  But here it is.

Please let me know if you need anything else.  Otherwise I am starting the suggestions for Centurion.

Thanks,

TK51508_DRing.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...