Hasbro Conversion Question re: 6 or 7 tracks...

Hello!

I am a bit confused by the EIB requirements for a Hasbro blaster conversion. Am I required to sand off the bottom left track and drill holes, or can I just cover the open holes and have 7 tracks?

Thanks for the help!

By reading the CRL for EIB, I do understand that you could have a 7 T-tracked blaster. t's only if you want to have 6 t-tracks on your blaster for accuracy, that you have to care about drilling row holes, etc... 

To be confirmed but IMHO, nothing prevent you for having 7 t-tracks on your hasbro blaster for EIB  :)

By reading the CRL for EIB, I do understand that you could have a 7 T-tracked blaster. t's only if you want to have 6 t-tracks on your blaster for accuracy, that you have to care about drilling row holes, etc... 

To be confirmed but IMHO, nothing prevent you for having 7 t-tracks on your hasbro blaster for EIB  :)

for EIB you must have the correct 6 tracks with the new row of holes created

you should not have 7 tracks!

• Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered).
  • If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster and you cover all the rows of holes, the blaster will have 7 T-tracks total. But, if you want to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total) with the lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side, then you shall cover the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, and grind off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side and drill a new row of holes in its place.
Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

The mention " But, if you want to have..." is a bit ambiguous, it sounds like it's optionnal. That's why I mentionned it must be confirmed by someone else. I guess i was wrong   :unsure: 

Rather, I would write: "In order to have the correct number of T-tracks..."  

Edited by The5thHorseman

that's because the CRL text was modified and was moved around a bit

blaster36_zpsbadccbaf.jpg

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23774-my-hasbrodoopy-e-11-conversion/

To quote the CRL (and you) directly... please note the red emphasis is mine:

IF YOU MAKE A SCRATCH-BUILD, RESIN, OR HYPERFIRM BLASTER:

• Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered). PERIOD.

IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THE HASBRO BLASTER:

• If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster and you cover all the rows of holes, the blaster will have 7 T-tracks total. PERIOD.
  • But, if you want to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total) with the lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side, then you shall cover the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, and grind off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side and drill a new row of holes in its place.

Based on the above, it says "7 is acceptable, BUT if you want to have the correct number of tracks (6) then here's what you do."

that's because the CRL text was modified and was moved around a bit

If the CRL was moved around a bit, then this wasn't addressed. I'm curious as to when the CRL was moved around, as I found an EIB approval from last June with the 7th track still attached. See below:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19846-tk-7543-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-status227ap/?hl=%2Bconversion

Not trying to stir the pot here, just trying to make sense before I mess up another blaster. I'd rather keep the new one the same and save the hole-drilling for the eventual full resin or pipe build. Hyperfirm is out of the question for me, I'm afraid.

Edited by MxPxRobbie

wow!

the CRL text used to be in the base requirements!

it was just pushed up to EIB and then they kept the variable text "but if you want to"

I use a stone grinding tip on the dremel to finish up the holes!

a slow speed drill is important

• Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered).
  • If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster and you cover all the rows of holes, the blaster will have 7 T-tracks total. But, if you want to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total) with the lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side, then you shall cover the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, and grind off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side and drill a new row of holes in its place.

see how the text is talking about the CORRECT number of tracks?

EIB approvals have been rejected for not having a cocking handle?

but approved w/7 tracks?

I personally feel the text is trying to educate and tells us to remove the 7th track

the word IF can be substituted to use the word WHEN  as in:  WHEN using the...

here's how I would edit the text"

• The Hasbro E11 toy blaster shall have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total) with the lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side, you shall cover the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, and grind off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side and drill a new row of holes in its place.

hope this helps?

• 1 month later...

Was there ever a final official word on this? From what I understand by reading the CRL, 7 tracks are ok but 6 is prefered. That is the way I interrpret the CRL. The only thing keeping me from EIB is my blaster, and frankly if I have to hassel around with cutting my blaster up to get it down to 6 tracks, I'm not going to bother with EIB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind some clarification on this as well. I've always read the CRL as 7 tracks are OK if using a Hasbro mod, and the "But if you want" part indicated it was optional. So I haven't bothered to drill out the extra row in my conversion.

• 2 weeks later...

Wowee. The wording in the CRL is quite awful. If you want... you shall? Terrible semantics!

"If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster and you cover all the rows of holes, the blaster will have 7 T-tracks total. But, if you want to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total) with the lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side, then you shall cover the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, and grind off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side and drill a new row of holes in its place."

As it stands now I don't think we can deny your EIB app if you don't grind off the lower integrated track on the clip side of the blaster, but I think you should. In the near future I will lobby the LMO team to edit the wording to be as intended. It should be required to drill holes in your hasbro on that side and only have 6 t-tracks.

-Eric