RS Prop Masters

Hi guys ,

My name is Stefan from Belgium , age 33.

I'm saving for a Stormtrooper costume and like to join the 501th. Belgium Garrison (in the near future). Butt its a hard and tough search for a armour ...

First i found a Website called "Star Fortress" with nice armour butt its not recommended , then the Rubie Costume (trash) and then Stormtrooper shop (also trash) !

So extremely disapointed i was reading on this forum and i'm see the name of "RS Prop Masters" So i'm looking trough the site and ... WOW ! A nice costume with certificate and also the blaster :laugh1: and my hope is back .

I have 2 left hands so a Stormtrooper self-made kit is nothing for me ... so i would buy the Full armour (fully loaded) with assembly service

Now is my question of this costume 501th. approved is ?

So please ... give me a good answer ;)

With kind regards

Stef

RS is surely approvable.

Troopermaster also makes armor and will sometimes do assembly service, you can PM here on the forums under his name troopermaster.

RS is my armor and I am accepted into the 501 spanish garrison,

much detail has armor. from my experience I recommend.

this is my armor

------------

Hope this helps my information :)

(translated by google)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

As long as you stick to the approved list, you should be fine. Note that TM, RS are also expensive and may have long wait times.

RS, TM ,CFO those kits are awesome but ATA might be worth a thought. Not quite as nice but without the hefty price tag, though I dont know if they have a build service.

here a list of armour makers, it should help.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

As long as you stick to the approved list, you should be fine. Note that TM, RS are also expensive and may have long wait times.

Every maker has long wait times. But if cost of the kit deters any customers, that should make their kits have less waiting period, don't you agree?

ATA is up to 6 months of waiting period now, last I heard.

It depends. If you really want TM, then you just wait what it takes. I've ordered stuff knowing it won't be done for 6 months. Heck, my officer took a year. It really depends on what you want.

Also, there are other aspects. How cheap it is to get replacements? ATA is pretty cheap if you need a new butt plate for instance and turns those around fast. RT does replacements relatively quick but aren't really cheap. Plus, there is location. If I have a problem with an RS or TM suit, I'm pretty much stuck being here in the US compared to ATA or RT. People in the UK and EU seem OTOH seem to do better by TM or RS.

So - no one right answer - everyone has to pick what is best for them.

Completely agree on that you wait as long as it takes. But my experiences with both TM and RS is that they are both really quick at putting out TK-kits. My TM kit took about 1 month from initial contact, and a garrison mate (the kit I built last summer) got his kit from RS shipped within two weeks.

As for replacements, I can only speak of TM, but I had mine made quickly (once TM remembered to make them. A friendly reminder was all it took). Maybe two weeks all in all.

My wait for TM was much, much longer than yours. Perhaps he likes you more :)

Did that include shipping times or just fabrication times? One could imagine shipping delays.

TM didn't know me at all when I ordered my kit, so that can't be it though.

My wait for TM was much, much longer than yours. Perhaps he likes you more :)

No one gets special treatment.

Your case was a bit different from anyone else's. It was not a case of a few replacement parts - it was three finished helmets that magically disappeared in the mail even though the tracking said otherwise. I replaced all three helmets out of good will. It did take me a while to get the last one finished and we did agree to wait until each helmet I sent seperately arrived safely since I did not want to send all three together just in case they disappeared again.

I thought I should respond to that comment since it seems Paul wants to paint a bleak picture of me.

Hi Paul - my intent was not to try to paint of bleak picture of you at all - just teasing Mathias. Mine was a very unique experience that was unfortunate is all, and you did your best to make right. My garrison-mate Brent sports your kit and has been 100% happy with the service and quality, and he's also the best looking TK in our group.

My apologies if I've my remarks were off-base.

I've brought off RS twice now, both times I got my order inside two weeks and thats including shipping to Australia.

The first helmet i bought from them took 4 weeks, but it had a very complex paintjob.

The second helmet i bought from them , i bought over a friend.( cause he finished the helmet for me)

First the ear pieces were missing,than a damaged faceplate were delivered.

All parts got replaced but took some mails and time to get them finaly.

If i would have to decide between a TM or RS armour i would go for TM.( Only the armour the RS helmet looks killer, no doubt)

Also TM has IMHO the better service , better contact and better quality.

The cast, the details and the overall look from the armour looks better on the TM as on the RS.

I know RS is to 90% casted from a screen used suit, but that means not that a authentic cast always looks better than something other.

It's a matter of "how the parts got casted" and in that case i would go every time again for TM.

But that's only my POV.

No offence meant to anyone , just my personal POV.

Edited by Turrican

No one gets special treatment.

Your case was a bit different from anyone else's. It was not a case of a few replacement parts - it was three finished helmets that magically disappeared in the mail even though the tracking said otherwise. I replaced all three helmets out of good will. It did take me a while to get the last one finished and we did agree to wait until each helmet I sent seperately arrived safely since I did not want to send all three together just in case they disappeared again.

I thought I should respond to that comment since it seems Paul wants to paint a bleak picture of me.

Now that's top notch service.

I have rs and tm

I like both but tm was awesome with me and his fits much better on my larger frame.

I am turning my rs into a td since the pouches pauldron and back pack hide the gaps.

I do have three rs lids though. Love those things.

I also have cfo and if you like rotj its top notch.