Ralph McQuarrie's Concept Stormtrooper "Armor"

kwdesigns

A little progress on the McQ Concept Lazer Sword , cut a few mm of the top of the emmiter end and also the kens holder it was sitting to high and looks tuns better now , also cut the reflector dish for the blade to go thru and instaled one of my led blade holders , which is quite funny because that came out of one of my vintage Graflex flash units perfect fit ; )

There seems to be plenty of room inside to instal my Crystal focus sound boards :)

Ā 

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ā 

post-12443-136247887177.jpg

post-12443-13624788938.jpg

post-12443-13624789106.jpg

O'man that is looking sweet!!!!

Ā 

Do you plan to make a mold and cast them or are they just going to be one off's?

Ā 

I'd like one either way...

Ā 

Kevin W.

At the moment Kevin one off's , but iam sure I can knock one up for our Concept armour maker ;)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Well tomorrow will mark 2 months from the time this thread started. So I thought I should show some more progress.

Ā 

I decided to use my initial S4 Chest as a base.

photo-327_zps32f8e904.thumb.jpg.5ede709567cd44b8c76d805f4b2f350e.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

What a great way to start month three Kevin, My thoughts on the centre rectangle are , keep it ! No other Imperial suit has this detail Tk or clone and the flat area is echoed through the entire ensemble .Flat back of legs Bi-seps forarm ladder . have you used an existing TK chest for size referance or is this by eye and experiance ? What are your plans for the Yoke or have you other ideas in that area now.

Ā 

thanks for the update.

It is amazing seeing the RM concept trooper becoming a reality.

This probably the most exciting thing since the loft discovery.

Ā 

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ā 

Ā 

Now I am glad you got that off your chest Kev ;) I also see the rectangle detail and yes please keep it ,also as Pete mentioned are you going with yoke ?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks guys. I'm glad you are liking it. I want to make the Yoke because I think it would be the best option to cover the chest and back joint at the shoulders.

Ā 

As for size it's just a bit smaller than my S4 Animated clone. I have my buddy's C3PO here so I have been looking at the chest and back to give me an idea of how the neck-ring might be. I think it might be similar in size to TE derived chest. I also have a CAP/ATA set of armor I could compare it to later.

I know this RMQ TK will be bigger than C3PO.

I have to say after spending so many years sculpting the various clones, movie and animated, wearing a TK, and further inspecting the C3PO, I can clearly see all the inspirations and similarities of these costums in the RMQ concept TK.

Ā 

Kevin W.

Owning a 3po myself , making reference to the neck area is a good call . You will get an idea of diameter and hight of the neck ring . As for size of chest plate you are also going in the right direction with the tk referencees you have to hand , as I see it the MQU Chevy will look a little bigger because of the closed sides like the clone and 3po .

Here is a video of the first test of the McQ Lazer Sword ;)

Ā 

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Not on facebook either.

Facebook is sooo last year lol!

Ā 

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ā 

Ā