Ralph McQuarrie's Concept Stormtrooper "Armor"

kwdesigns

That my Sir is Genius incorprating RMQ variants of the concept trooper ,and paying homage in to one suit :jc_doublethumbup: , also i agree with having the butt peice wider and with the sides of the butt to be scooping in from the middle to the bottom , so the side bottoms of the butt peice is inside the top backs of the thighs and have movement if they were to touch .

Ā 

Really loving all this proper input :)

Ā 

I know what you mean Pete, cant wait till this big brown box arrives :)

Yes Steve thats a nice butt and dare i say incorperating the fem trooper raised detail in the moulding , are they vented details in the mid section side plates or raised details ? I think subtle raised ribs would look the part.

Yes Steve thats a nice butt and dare i say incorperating the fem trooper raised detail in the moulding , are they vented details in the mid section side plates or raised details ? I think subtle raised ribs would look the part.

Ā 

They would be "Raised".

Ā 

Can you show a drawing of how you see the straps to help hold the parts in the upper torso section?

Ā 

I have an idea but would really like to know what you had in mind.

Ā 

Thanks guys!!!

Kevin W.

Ok just a ruff outline of how i see the straps .Red for webbing or elastic and yellow for the poppers or velco.Two straps per mid section plate going from the chest and back fixing to the belt.Some parts can be pre assembled before putting on.

Ā 

8389242714_745048b47b_z.jpg

Pete - that's alot of scaffold.

Ā 

Could the light, non load-bearing pieces (top of the cod & ab sections) be attached to the undersuit directly a la bikerscout? Either by poppers or velcro? It might 'ride' better.

Ā 

Additionally Kevin will there be a section at the central lower back to attach the top of the butt or will it be fixed directly to the belt?

So I was google searching for some boots I trying to look for a boot with very little to almost no heal and found these... They would need to be painted white. I just think the Concept Boots look different then the Movie TK boots.

Ā 

Check out the video link where they talk about the boot.

Ā 

Ā 

http://www.6pm.com/c...5?zfcTest=mat:1

This is the name of the boot "Camper K3 - 36525 Men's Pull-on Boots - Black"

Camper K3 - 36525 $100.00 - $140.00 USD

901274552_640_zpsb9288aa5.jpg.9e472cbb791118f979bc95fdc2ef22ce.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

http://www.zappos.co...lsea-boot-black

These are Dr. Martens Conrad Chelsea boots they run about $120.00

I'm just afraid the soles would be too obvious as Dr. Martens and take away from the complete look. Unless the soles can be painted gray.

I really like the look of the top stitch running up. It might work out that it could blend up with the lines on the front of the armor shins. That would look sweet.

006a_1000x75028112012120514_zps0da1841f.jpg.4ae28118d23dcbb3b478bcdac6b72691.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Just saw theses at Sears...

http://www.sears.com.../p-06784985000P

DieHard Men's SureTrack 6in Double Gore Slip On Work Boot $70.00 USD

06784985000_zps0febeb42.jpg.855335af2712ec0cb0abfef039b6e1ea.jpg

Ā 

These look good too but I will not spend $650.00 for just a pair of boots.

http://www.neimanmar.../prod154390358/

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Good find it makes you wonder why the clone builder dont use these,or are they new on the market. They are how i see the concept boots ,a flat sole chelsea boot. I was going to take some old TK boots to the cobbles and see what they can do with them.

If the entire boot was to be custom made then I think it would look best with no elastic on the sides and only a zipper on the inner part of the boot and a semi-rugged almost flat sole. Not a dress boot with a smooth sole and a raised heel like on the Movie TK's

But in some of the pics and action figure the front/top of the boot has lines or stitch marks running up towards the ankle.

Ā 

But I don't see that happening on time for Cel Europe.

Ā 

Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns

Just a thought would it not be better to have the side plates to be incorparated in to the chest and back plate so they would be semi - free floating parts this how i can sort of see it on the GG Bust !

Ā 

tztuNSZ.jpg

I dont think so steve .first off that would make for a large mold and secondly the side plates cross the front and back plates so you would see a vertical line running down the mid plates.They would look far better as one piece.

I think I have come up with a Strap - Harness System similar to my S4 Animated Clones that will work out for the complete armor. I would also include the straps for the thighs and the all parts for the arms. Just like I do for the S4 Animated Harness. It will have different straps to help hold the Mid section Side Plates. These straps would a Gray color to match the under armor as best as possible.

Ā 

I also like the idea of possibly sewing Velcro to the Under armor Shirt on the sides just to also help keep the side plates in place and snug to our body.

Ā 

I'll try to get a drawing up soon.

Ā 

Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns

I also found these boot/shoes and have been in contact with a shoe maker about a short run of flat sole chelsea boots .

Ā 

----------

Ā 

They are ankle boots but look ok .and only ƂĀ£14 which in the prop world is a bargin and would need to mod them .

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 1/18/2013 at 3:13 PM, kwdesigns said:

So I was google searching for some boots I trying to look for a boot with very little to almost no heal and found these... They would need to be painted white. I just think the Concept Boots look different then the Movie TK boots.

Ā 

Check out the video link where they talk about the boot.

Ā 

Ā 

http://www.6pm.com/c...5?zfcTest=mat:1

This is the name of the boot "Camper K3 - 36525 Men's Pull-on Boots - Black"

Camper K3 - 36525 $100.00 - $140.00 USD

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I found these for $78 and ordered a pair plus the others i found .

Ā 

---------

Ā 

We shall see delivery times and quality .

Ā 

As for the under suit i got NIKE PRO COMBAT in grey ,they come as a top and pants.

Ā 

----------

Ā 

The top is the MOCK neck and shows the colour being Carbon heather and the tighs colour being grey but they are the same .These are available world wide i got mine in the UK from Sports direct which is a chain of discount sports shops.

Ā 

-------

Ā 

Hope this helps .

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I keep thinking these might be the better boot to use...

http://www.zappos.co...lsea-boot-black

These are Dr. Martens Conrad Chelsea boots they run about $120.00

I'm just afraid the soles would be too obvious as Dr. Martens and take away from the complete look. Unless the soles can be painted gray.

I really like the look of the top stitch running up. It might work out that it could blend up with the lines on the front of the armor shins. That would look sweet.

Ā 

Ā 

In this picture it looks more like a boot with a slight heel.

Conceptsandtrooper_zps7f0707c0.jpg.fa31b1a3a2f11fc7f8b03f9a2db979d4.jpg

Ā 

RMQFigure_zps320a04fb.thumb.jpg.a1daeb3ba133afd356c4f8253da6d162.jpg

Ā 

I just added a pic of the Action Figure. You can see the gray line running up the boot towards the shin.

Ā 

Also the Dr. Martens Conrad Chelsea boots look similar to the ANH TK boots which I think is a nice touch. And the Stiching running up towards the Shin help them from looking too much like the ANH boots and a little more like the action figure.

I also think using a taller boot like this will help when wearing the armor. it will help keep the lower legs in place and keep them from cutting into our ankles.

Kevin W.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

I have been in contact with a shoe maker here in the UK .They hand make shoes and have had a pair or two over the years.they make a great looking high top boot which i was going to get when thinking about the finishing touches to a ROTJ TK. They are white leather with a zip side .I really like the heal version .Anyway the company will make these boots with a white wedge heel sole .They just need some assurance of numbers before they order the soles in for me ,or we just get them as they come and paint the soles white.

Ā 

Like the harness ideas .

Ā 

8415070596_4b433e2a51_z.jpg

Ā 

What do you think.the other boots i listed are being shipped to me also.