NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm officially a moron!

After looking at dozens of helmet pics and then watching a video on how to do the tube strip decals I STILL managed to put the curve the wrong way!

NTLCOf4.jpg

I don't suppose there is a way to save the decals is there??

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Tried to get on the transfer paper... Didn't work.

Ended up taking them off individually... And flipping them...

VoKGLzv.jpg

Hmmmmm...

Edited by gmrhodes13

Just be glad it's an easy fix. I've already had a few OS (oh sh*t) moments with the armor that I thought weren't savable but ended up fixable.

There's a price to learning - it gets invested with your kit :duim:

Don't feel bad, I did the same dang thing to my helmet. Major face palm moment. I'm impressed you got those all off without trashing them! I pulled mine off and reordered a set. I managed to reapply the new set slightly crooked, after all of that.

I will never get a job in a vinyl shop.

On 1/8/2013 at 6:36 AM, kpresseault said:

Better?

VoKGLzv.jpg

I used a very fine tip exacto knife to lift them off the helmet

It appears to still be a bit wonky there on the curvature. If I were you I'd order another set of decals that have the proper curve and alignment and work on other parts while you wait. Alignment isn't bad but you could go crazy trying to recurve those stripes correctly.

I weigh time vs money accordingly and would bite the bullet on a new set. But that's just my opinion.

Edited by gmrhodes13

I need to confess, that I like them how they are at the moment :jc_doublethumbup:

The "wonkyness" is intended,for a more screen accurate look, emulating handpainted stripes.

I would say: Go with them, good work.

I need to confess, that I like them how they are at the moment :jc_doublethumbup:

The "wonkyness" is intended,for a more screen accurate look, emulating handpainted stripes.

I would say: Go with them, good work.

That's true, it ends up matching the Dave M decals pretty spot on!

I'd say, Kevin, if you're happy with it then roll with it! I only know what I would do :duim:

Yeah, the wonkyness is just fine as it is. Nice save. But file those teeth more square and remove those washers on the ears and paint the screws white. :)

Unfortunately the washers will have to stay.. Drill mishaps when trying to get that left ear on... Holes ended up torn a bit... Washers and glue fixed it . Our local garrison expert said it's still good for approval. May get new ears later.

Paint and a small enough file will be picked up on the way home tonight :)

• 3 weeks later...

So the curve faces the ear then? I've also seen that they recommend to use a pencil to get the propper distance from the cheek, correct?

That's what Trooperbay's video suggested and that's what I did. It worked out really well. Take note that the width of the pencil marks the edge of the stripes and not the template (if you're using a template to paint).

(http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21390-geaux-saints-anh-stunt-build-tm/page__st__80 Scroll to post #88)

Edited by Geaux Saints