BJ's CFO ROTJ build

This is a CFO kit I have been working on for about two weeks now.

Let me know what you guys think.

Helmet-

SAM_0099.jpg

SAM_0101.jpg

SAM_0115.jpg

The ears are just glued on, since they have no screws in them like ANH & ESB.

SAM_0095.jpg

SAM_0103.jpg

SAM_0119.jpg

The helmet has bubble lenses that are really hard to see through. I might end up switching them out. I dunno.

SAM_0125.jpg

Instead of an accurate hard-hat liner, I decided to put military helmet padding in there since I had some sitting around.

SAM_0200.jpg

The hand plates are the same as ESB or Snowtroopers. I dig em.

SAM_0128.jpg

SAM_0130.jpg

The arms & legs didn't need cover strips, so they were easy to put together.

SAM_0185.jpg

SAM_0194.jpg

SAM_0195.jpg

The chest, back, butt, and cod all have the ROTJ white trim.

SAM_0192.jpg

The boots are TK boots with the soles painted white.

SAM_0129.jpg

The ROTJ belt is a hard-to-find nylon material that I was lucky to get from CFO.

SAM_0184.jpg

SAM_0235.jpg

The blaster is a Hyperfirm with d-rings added.

SAM_0237.jpg

SAM_0238.jpg

I'm going to work on the thermal detinator some more. I don't like how it turned out.

SAM_0239.jpg

Weird, upside down ROTJ details.

SAM_0233.jpg

Test fitting

SAM_0202.jpg

SAM_0203.jpg

SAM_0205.jpg

SAM_0207.jpg

All suited up.

SAM_0210.jpg

SAM_0211.jpg

SAM_0227.jpg

SAM_0225.jpg

SAM_0229.jpg

SAM_0228.jpg

SAM_0230.jpg

SAM_0231.jpg

SAM_0232.jpg

SAM_0222.jpg

SAM_0223.jpg

SAM_0217.jpg

Overall is excellent and great attention to detail.

I think the thighs will need a little work and I'm wondering if there is an internal way to hold those shoulder bells down a bit.

Overall is excellent and great attention to detail.

I'm wondering if there is an internal way to hold those shoulder bells down a bit.

I think it was Rich330(??) that did some resaerch and found out that they had some thin black elastic holding them down, mch in the same way as ANH

The shoulders (I have CfO also) should have a thin elastic strap holding them to the arm, black, and above the bicep armour (so it's not seen). Personally, I also added two snaps to the shoulders and bicep, one central, one front, to stop them from turning to my back as I moved. You can see the straps here:

armsd.jpg

The snaps are personal, but the elastic armband is a req. for EIB.

Looking good.

A few tips for the helmet, you need to trim the eyes out a bit more, there should be little to no flashing on ROTJ eyes. Also with the frown if you have a look at the screencaps it fattens out at the ends rather than tapering like an ANH/ESB frown. Great job on the ears, they can be tough.

JoeR

Thanks guys. I actually do have the thin elastic on the inside of the shoulder bells, it's just hard to see. I think I may need to tighten them a bit, as well as connect the bells to the biceps. The biceps keep wiggling around to the front. I also have a bit of foam in the bells to give them that ROTJ look.

I'll work in the eyes a bit more too, especially since they are so hard to see through at the moment.

This was my first full test fitting do ill probably trim a few more things just a bit and add some foam to spots that are biting me. :)

Edited by bjsavage7

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats BJ I also missed your thread, one thing you could try is bring your thighs up slightly and rotate them so you have a bit more room around your knees. Nice work as always, well done :D

Thanks, Glen. :)

Yeah, I've since trimmed the thighs a tiny bit & repositioned them, so I don't stab the backs of my knees while walking now. :D  I think it would fit perfectly if I could just loose about 5 lbs. Hahaha.

Looking really good. Question: are the pads under the bells really necessary?

According to the CRL. LOL.

Actually, I had them placed a little impractically in these pics. I originally put foam just at the base of the bell, which made them stick out & look a bit goofy. I now have two thin strips going down the front & back inside edges. I think that gives them a more screen-accurate look. :)

According to the CRL. LOL.

Actually, I had them placed a little impractically in these pics. I originally put foam just at the base of the bell, which made them stick out & look a bit goofy. I now have two thin strips going down the front & back inside edges. I think that gives them a more screen-accurate look. :)

Wow - when did that get added? Usually the CRL's don't describe what is inside the costume, only the external look. I say this in that it seems to push out the shoulder bells overly much.