Black under armor

jmgordon7 said:
I looked on underarmour.com and couldn't find a full body suit, only shirts or legging. Where do I find the black spandex body suits I need? Thanks. Also, what are they called?

Some people use the cold gear shirt and pants from underarmour and they work great. The two piece is a better option if you need to make a pit stop also. I don't think they make a full body suit. Another option is to use a lycra dive skin.------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I use the turf gear (IIRC) from UnderArmor in the summer and the cold gear in the winter. I just went to the local sports shop. You can look under soccer gear too - any place that sells that will sell UnderArmor.

I looked on underarmour.com and couldn't find a full body suit, only shirts or legging. Where do I find the black spandex body suits I need? Thanks. Also, what are they called?

I ordered the one from TrikToys.com. It it $56+/-.

The think I really liked is that it has the zipper in the back to get in it, but it also has a "fly" zipper, so you don't have to completely undress to pee. With the way my cod-piece is attached to the abs, by two elastic strips, I can just flip it up, out of the way. :P

The neckseal that Eric sells is also made of the same material as the suit, so when you have them both on, you don't notice the seam nearly as much.

Type up "Cold Gear" and you'll get a big selection from different brands. Have you considered the two piece which is better for changing and making nature calls, especially when you need to go. The ONE piece, you have to take off so much armor before you can make the pit stop vesus the two piece is so much more efficient when you cut the front ab piece at the belt line.

I have "Under Armor" but I also have "T3K". A lot of guys I know in hockey use "T3K" and it is great, just as good as "Under Armor" in my opinion. And cost less in comparison, usually you can pick up on ebay, hockey stores or their direct site. They have cold gear for the Winter (look for "Compression" inwhich neoprene is added) and the other is without. Good luck

I can't recommend UnderArmor enough. For one, their quality, performance and comfort is unexcelled. I have two sets - hot and cold gear. I find the hot gear works exceptionally well in hot temperatures. I trooped once in almost 100 degree F July heat and was very comfortable.

Be aware that a set of Underarmor will set you back at least $100.

I like the underarmour but have never worn it for trooping. I have a full set of cold gear. My question is what do you guys do to cover the emblem on the back of the neck? Do you leave your neck seals on the outside of the neck? I also have a full body spandex body suit that I have been using but I would like to switch to the UA.

I like the underarmour but have never worn it for trooping. I have a full set of cold gear. My question is what do you guys do to cover the emblem on the back of the neck? Do you leave your neck seals on the outside of the neck? I also have a full body spandex body suit that I have been using but I would like to switch to the UA.

I wear the underarmour cold gear and I have my neck seal over the cold gear and it covers the emblem just fine.

Renaissance Dancewear makes a nice body suit if that is what you are sold on. Price out the door ran me something like $110 with a few modifications. Its a cotton/lycra blend; not the moisture wicking quality of UA. PM if you want the contact info.

I also have the UA stuff. You can't beat staying dry and it never hurts to have multiple backups. You wouldn't want to be known as the "smelly stormtrooper".

I tuck the seal under the underarmor so I dont see the edge around the shoulder straps. I blacked the lable out with a sharpie. I wore heat gear yesterday in 46 degree weather and was perfect temp wise. Not a drop of sweat, especially with the fans going. If I wore the cold gear I would've been too hot. I'm really warm blooded.

Well I see some people with something that goes around the back and top of their head and looks like it is an extension of the under armor. What is that?

I wear an underarmor hood. Not only does it cover the skin on your neck above the neckseal, but it also helps to wick away perspiration on a muggy troop. You can order them online if you can't find them in a local store.

Well I see some people with something that goes around the back and top of their head and looks like it is an extension of the under armor. What is that?

I think you are referring to a balaclava (if that's spelled right...?) It's not part of the under armor - pretty much a detached hood.

• 1 month later...

Got a couple questions for you guys, hopefully they can be answered. I have seen the Underarmour brand and the sports store here sells the cold weather ones right now. But they all have a seam that goes down the arms and legs that I don't like. I did find a top there, my size even, no seams, solid black...but no pants. The pants that they had were a different shade of black, almost a gray in comparison.

I do have the Lycra dive suit I just received, unfortunately it's to big in some parts. The lady said a 5x would be for me. Now, while it fits pretty snug in the stomache and chest, it is way to long and bunches up. So it's not tight really in the legs. It also bunches up in the arms. I thought maybe I could take it to Tailor and have it altered. I just don't know what the results would be. So I've been searching some other sites to look for unitards.

So on your Underarmour brand tops and bottoms, do you guys have a visible seam on them? Does anyone know what material would be good for alterations? I don't know how forgiving Lycra or nylon is, compared to other material. I'm gonna take the skin I got to the Tailor today and see what she thinks, but any further advice you guys have would be nice.