Garrison: Carida

Armor= AP

Helmet= AP

Blaster= resin, Doopy Doo’s

Height = 5’-10â€

Weight = 175

Boots = CA Boots

Canvas belt = TrooperBay

Hand Plates = Sonnenschein Flexi-Rubber (w/rubber glove)

Electronics= N/A

Neck Seal = Chris S. from FISD boards

Holster = Vern’s

Front.jpg

Left.jpg

Left-ArmsUp.jpg

Right.jpg

Right-ArmsUp.jpg

Back.jpg

FronthelmetOff.jpg

Action.jpg

Helmet Close Up

Helm-1.jpg

Helm-2.jpg

Helm-3.jpg

HAND and Forearm Close Up

Hand.jpg

BLASTER Close Up

Blaster.jpg

BLASTER D-Ring

BlasterD-Ring.jpg

It's a nice hero you've build, but there are some issue with the helmet. Specifically the mic tips needs replacement for more accurate ones, the ears should only have 2 screws, one in the top and one in the bottom, and the ears needs to be replaced with a 3-bump version.

Other than that you should be fine. :)

Besides the two small issues Mathias mentioned, you look awesome!

Get some sskunky mic tips, and I think ATA makes 3 bumps ears.

I suppose the pics were taken in a studio? I really love the hand guard close ups! I've never seen them so well photographed!

really nice build but is this a rivet on the lower part of the ears??

and the left tear looks a bit like you did not use the whole space for painting,theres space between the paint ending and the formed tear,

maybe you did it on purpose and theres a reason for it.

but well build and very well photographed!!!!

Dr

It's a nice hero you've build, but there are some issue with the helmet. Specifically the mic tips needs replacement for more accurate ones, the ears should only have 2 screws, one in the top and one in the bottom, and the ears needs to be replaced with a 3-bump version.

Other than that you should be fine. :)

THANKS for all the input. :jc_doublethumbup:

Helmet ARGHHHH... :angry:

My helmet has been a problem since day #1.

I had bought some 3 bumb ears from one of the guys in England who posted them on the FISD boards (need to look back thru my stuff for the name).We had nothig but problemswith them. After hours (no joke) we finally made them fit. I took my 501st submition photos and was shot down because of the helmet. It looked like we mounted the left ear at a 45 degree angle. ( I will try to find that photo, it's so obvious, and funny).

I will replace mic tips.

I will search for someone selling better 3 bump ears

Replace rivet with screw and only use 1 screw at the top.

The tube stripes. I hand painted these boys 3 times. Practice makes almost perfect. Something is wonky with my helmet. I carefully measured back from the front to start my stripes. So both sides start at the same place but end at different spots (YES I have the same count of stripes on both sides.

Regarding Photos- I went to one of the photographers in my garrison. My first intention was just to get a real good photo for making a trading card.

I mentioned going for EI status so he took q bunch of qapproval type photos while I was there.

Since you are already pretty much revamping the entire helmet, I think you should lower the brow. The hero helmets in the movie seem to all have the brow very close to the eyes. This is a matter of opinion, however, as I don't believe there's anything about that in the CRL.

Other than that spot on job! Very nice.

Since you are already pretty much revamping the entire helmet, I think you should lower the brow. The hero helmets in the movie seem to all have the brow very close to the eyes. This is a matter of opinion, however, as I don't believe there's anything about that in the CRL.

Other than that spot on job! Very nice.

Not all hero helmets had a low brow. This is a common misconception.

I would however recommend a repaint of the tube stripes with the lighter blue, humbrol #14 (french blue). If that is what you want to do.

Not all hero helmets had a low brow. This is a common misconception.

I would however recommend a repaint of the tube stripes with the lighter blue, humbrol #14 (french blue). If that is what you want to do.

I had a feeling I would be scolded for that. Well, in my own mind, when I think of a hero helmet- I always think of them with the low brow. It's still optional, nonetheless, but I guess it's just one of those personal pet peeves.

Besides the two small issues Mathias mentioned, you look awesome!

Get some sskunky mic tips, and I think ATA makes 3 bumps ears.

I suppose the pics were taken in a studio? I really love the hand guard close ups! I've never seen them so well photographed!

Karin-

Thanks for the hand guards and gloves. They are fresh out of the box.

Armour and helmet looks great!

It might be easier just to turn it into a stunt helmet as it looks more like one to me anyway. Just swap out the lenses and extend the frown paint slightly. That would save you changing the ears.

Joe

Edited by JoeR

Armour and helmet looks great!

It might be easier just to turn it into a stunt helmet as it looks more like one to me anyway. Just swap out the lenses and extend the frown paint slightly. That would save you changing the ears.

Joe

Thanks for the good suggestion.

After some careful deliberation I have reached a solution.

I have a TROOPERMASTER ANH helmet. Which arrived recently. IMHO it is a work of art. I was going to keep it for another project.

My botched AP helmet has been a problem since day #1. I have a large melon to start with and the AP helmet is very small. So I need a larger helmet. Plus at this point, I think it’s a waste of money and time to fix all the AP helmets issues to bring it up to EI hero level. So starting today the AP is going into the closet and the TM helmet will be used exclusively. Here are some photos. Thanks for everyone’s help.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Looks like you can tighten the elastic between back->kidney and chest->ab to close the gaps and allow more overlap on the chest, as well as lower your left bicep an inch or so but other than that I think you're just fine.

Approved! :duim:

Looks like you can tighten the elastic between back->kidney and chest->ab to close the gaps and allow more overlap on the chest, as well as lower your left bicep an inch or so but other than that I think you're just fine.

Approved! :duim:

THANKS for the tips and the APPROVAL :D