Overwelmed Rookie

Do we have a mentor program here at FISD?

Many people start by working out which make of armour is best for them (based on body size and budget).

Personally, Id recommend first figuring out what type of Stormie you want to be, as some makes of armour are more suited to certain Trooper types (eg.- CfO is best for Commanders, TM and RS are best for ANH TKs).

This allows you to work out your 'ideal' suit, and compromise from there if you need to.

the attache' program is the mentoring group.

read this

http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=11538

need help ask more questions!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Welcome to FISD!

First of all, you should be figure out, what Kind of Stormtrooper do you want. ANH, ESB or ROTJ?

Then you should look, with which Armor Maker you wanna go. There are plenty of Vetted Makers. You can find the List here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11538

I think, that is the First thing you have to do. :)

Hi and welcome, I just went through the same thing, was told best advice was to read, read, read before you buy and then read some more lol

More or less, if you have a question, post it and you will pick up 4 or 5 mentors. Another source of help my be your local garrison, there may be a Trooper near you that will assist you too. If you don't know your Garrison, go to the 501st web site and use the Locator on the top, right corner.

Remember our Moto, "Troopers helping Troopers," you will not be alone.

Joseph,

as someone in your position back in April, I can tell you that it is VERY overwhelming at first. Heed the advice being provided here. it is GOLD. Use these forums to your full advantage. the wealth of information here and the "troopers helping troopers" mentality is just amazing. The more you communicate here the more you will get out of it.

I am learning that its OK to ask specific questions! I was shy about it at first because I didn't want to look like a dummy. Better to ask than to either not know or make a major mistake.

#1 rule in my book is to have FUN with this. First time building is NOT easy, oh man it has not been easy. Along the way, you will pick up momentum, hit stumbling blocks and suddenly you will find yourself having he confidence to power through this and be out there trooping and raising money for the kids. I am sooo close to this point it hurts that I cannot make the tweaks I need fast enough for approval.

Patience and the knowledge learned here will go a long way!

did I mention, have fun?

Hey Joseph, First welcome aboard man!

If you have any question about armor, add-ons or anything to do with Stormtroopers, we are all here for you. That is what this site was build for. :duim: So, do not hesitate to ask post your questions man.

I would also say contacting you local 501st. You did not say where you are which could help us point you to your local 501st. But you can find them from the front page of the 501st.com.

Make yourself at home,

Tom

More or less, if you have a question, post it and you will pick up 4 or 5 mentors. Another source of help my be your local garrison, there may be a Trooper near you that will assist you too. If you don't know your Garrison, go to the 501st web site and use the Locator on the top, right corner.

Remember our Moto, "Troopers helping Troopers," you will not be alone.

I looked for the locator but cant find it, im from the London ON area

If this is where you live: http://en.wikipedia....London,_Ontario

Then according to the Locator (top right of the main Legion website, section is titled "Find Your Local 501st ") this is your local garrison: http://www.501st.ca

I met a few of them at C6 (Hi Andrea!). Awesome folks. :D

Lots of new recruits and build in the Southern Ontario area. lots of events going on with the CG and lots great people and contacts that are fairly local to get you on track...

Hi there, I have taken the time to read over a lot of the posts, also I understand all the requirements. I feel so overwelmed, have no idea where to start. I dont want to do anything wrong would it be possible to get a mentor to help me get started.

Oh boy do I understand where you are coming from, my friend. I started my path to becoming a TK not too long ago and every single reply in this thread is solid advice. The more you read the more your feelings of becoming overwhelmed will become feelings of excitement and anticipation. I don't know how many PMs and threads I have jumped in on saying, "Hey I am new but..." and telling people, "...thanks for answering all of my noob questions!" lol I realized that if I had a particular question I would narrow it down and put it in the search bar on the main page of the forums and BAM! I had soooooo many threads that I could read and compare, study, take notes and gain knowledge from. Then I would take notice of the people who post on the threads quite a bit and pick their brains. I have finally started ordering items with confidence that I will have a great set of armor to join the 501st with....well...in a couple months anyway when the armor is complete. lol :smiley-sw013:

I would like to be a Death Trooper, but having trouble for my sizing, im 6' 1" about 190-200 Ibs. Still dont really understand the following CfO is best for Commanders, TM and RS are best for ANH TKs. I would like to build my trooper uniform but have no idea how. Just want to do a good job

Sorry for adding to your confusion!

I was trying to give examples of how certain armour makes are better for certain TK types. I'll try and explain.

There were some differences in the armour from ANH/ESB to RotJ. (starwarshelmets.com has some great info all in one place on this).

So an armour cast from/based on ANH armour will make a better ANH suit, a suit cast from RotJ armour will make a better Commander (Commander detailing is based on RotJ).

A fun way to learn some of the differences between TK types is to play 'spot the difference' with the CRLs.

I'm not sure if there is any one 'ideal' kit for Death Troopers.

The beauty of the Death Trooper is that it can be done (really well) with kits that would normally be considered unusable (damaged, miscast, missing parts, bad finish).

FX kits (which are no longer made, but can be acquired secondhand) are a popular choice, because they are the least accurate acceptable kit.

That might sound odd- go for the worst kit- but as a Death Trooper you can get away with murder!

Edited by Darth Furious

Yep, IMO an old, second-hand FX kit would make a good choice for a Death trooper. I can think of no better way of recycling an old FX kit and giving it a new life - so to speak. :duim:

Joseph, if you are interested in an older kit, I may know of someone looking to sell a kit to get a new clean white TK. PM me over on the Tantive IV group for details.

If you are in the Canadian Garrison, you are a lucky man!!!

Welcome to FISD, Joseph... overwhelming but you'll get all the help you need :D

I recommend you do a shiny TK and then once you have the bug and have to do another one, do the Death Trooper next. :D But if not, like the guys have already said... any armor maker will do.