TK-6731 Requesting ANH Centurion Status[55][AP*]

bigironvault

Hi everyone, thanks for checking out my application for Centurion. I tried my best and I hope that I meet all the requirements. I hope I get this because I think I may be the first TK in the Canadian Garrison to attempt for Centurion (someone else want to check?). Would be very proud to join the ranks.

TK 6731: Keith Foo

Armor: AP

Helmet: AP

Blaster: Doopy Doo Resin Kit

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: 157 lbs

Boots: Tkboots

Helmet Decals: Dave M (Trooper Bay)

Gloves: Black Chemical Gloves

Hand guards: Karin

Canvas belt: AP Supplied

Neck Seal: LadySewForUs

Holster: AP

Hovi-mic: CfO

Front

DSC02830.jpg

Back (sorry about this weird pose, I was doing something weird with my hips, made the back-kidney kinda wonky!)

DSC02832.jpg

Left

DSC02840.jpg

Right

DSC02837.jpg

Handguards

DSC02814.jpg

Sniper Plate

DSC02812.jpg

Crotch Tab

DSC02806.jpg

Ab Plate (Male snap)

DSC02700.jpg

Side Rivets

DSC02805.jpg

Thigh Ammo

DSC02804.jpg

Dave M Decals

DSC02802.jpg

Green Lenses

DSC02817.jpg

S-Trim

DSC02815.jpg

Chest/Shoulder Straps

DSC02820.jpg

Forearm return edge

DSC02823.jpg

Drop Boxes

DSC02643.jpg

Scuffed Boots

DSC02824.jpg

E-11

DSC02821.jpg

DSC02822.jpg

DSC02825.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll spend more time reviewing this later in the weekend, as I have other plans than to sit by my computer. I would say though that the overlap/velcro assembly on your arms and legs doesn't look good at all. I think you'd look at least twice as good by having them permanently closed. The rest of the suit looks pretty good though.

I'll spend more time reviewing this later in the weekend, as I have other plans than to sit by my computer. I would say though that the overlap/velcro assembly on your arms and legs doesn't look good at all. I think you'd look at least twice as good by having them permanently closed. The rest of the suit looks pretty good though.

Cool thanks. That's a simple thing to remove the velcro and E6000 it down - was done for sizing purposes and trooping. Now that I've trooped a few times I know my size much better. Is it going to keep me from Centurion though at this time?

To be honest I rather not remove the velcro because it makes trooping and stuff way easier. (If anyone's done the 5 min quick change - ask Chookaboom about it, the velcro is key!)

Forearms

For 501st approval:

• Forearms are fully closed.

For level two certification (if applicable): For level three certification (if applicable):

• No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

in the base acceptance the language has always been applied to only require no "GAPS" in the closeure of the forearms.

it does not say "fully glued" the word closed is used because some troopers cannot fit their hands into glued forearms.

and they require clamshell forearms.

my 2 cents.

in the blaster photo the offset on the front of the blaster is backwards.

and morten points out correctly that the cocking handle is also backwards.

DSC02825.jpg

I think his legs look fine!

I see no gap? where does morten see gaps?

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Have to agree on the arms and legs. It leaves a huge gap with the velcro there. Unless its absolute nessesary for you I would remove it as Locitus advised.

Otherwise I think the suit looks great :duim:

The loading handle on the E-11 is on the wrong way though ;)

Forearms

in the blaster photo the offset on the front of the blaster is backwards.

Sorry to play naive, but what does this "offset" refer to exactly? The muzzle flash guard?

Edited by chookaboom

I absolutely think you should glue the arms and legs. This is centurion. Not kindergarden. If this program is supposed to be able to mean anything in terms of valor and "additional mile" it is key that people actually go the extra mile, or the whole centurion program becomes worthless.

You want to look as good as possible right? Or why have you applied if that's not the reason, more brass to show for on the forums?

Yes, there is no requirement that you must, but you should.

If you think so, then I will. So just want to be clear that the parts I need to glue are forearms, thighs and shins? (Everything else is glued.)

Checklist is then,

1. Reverse cocking handle

2. Reverse off-set

3. Glue thighs, forearms and shins

Anything else?

By the way doing this because it's a challenge to me, not to "get brass". I actually take a little personal insult Mathias if you consider my application to be Kindergarden I think it's a little uncalled for, especially since other TK's have had been approved with velcro attachments. I thought we had a good relationship, there's no need to call names. I would have appreciated a simple, "Yes I'd like you to glue your limbs down and you'll be approved."

Maybe you didn't intend to come across as mean but it reads like it.

Edited by bigironvault

It wasn't directed at you Keith. I was ranting in general because I feel frustrated with how people seem to only want the award without the effort. Sorry if you took it personally, it wasn't meant as that.

I know Mathias, I want to give you a benefit of a doubt. That's why I said I don't think you intended it.

I will work on my forearms and limbs today but shins are a tough one Mathias because it's really the best way to get them on for trooping. What do you suggest with the shins?