Elite Boots Question

Hi guys,

I just wanted to clarify something about the boots. I have a pair I bought from TrikToys, mainly because they were half the price of some others I had found.

Here is a link to them on another website:

Trooper Boots

Are these acceptable under the Elite standards? If not, my Elite request may have to wait until I can afford whatever boots are accepted.

Sorry, no. I also did the same thing when I started, and I did not even get my 501st acceptance with them. Obviously you can troop in them if you want, but once you get a pair of CaBoot, or some of the other options that are for us TK's, you will see why they do not work.

If you look at the requirements, they are missing the U-shape pattern on the inside and outside of the boot, which is a requirement.

I feel your pain. :6:

Well, like I said, they were $44.00, as opposed to $80.00. After spending what I did on the parts for my E-11, new lenses for my helmet, a helmet sound kit, ab button upgrade and other misc. stuff, I didn't have the extra $40, so I went with these.

Guess I'll start saving for another pair. :huh:

Well, like I said, they were $44.00, as opposed to $80.00. After spending what I did on the parts for my E-11, new lenses for my helmet, a helmet sound kit, ab button upgrade and other misc. stuff, I didn't have the extra $40, so I went with these.

Guess I'll start saving for another pair. :huh:

Hopefully this will help -- CaBoots has a store on eBay, which sells the exact same boots as on their website for $60 instead of $80.

Why the difference in price between their corporate site and their eBay storefront , I'm not entirely sure, but they're the exact same boots, directly from the manufacturer. I dunno if that puts you within your budget, but it saved me $20 and I wanted to pass it along.

As far as I know, caboots are the only vender that you can get the boots from that cheap. The quality is marginal at best, but they are the only game in town.

yeah, if you want some spot on TK boots made from leather they are going to be priced at least 150.00 +, and I've herd quotes of $250.00 before :unsure: even if you buy some good quality brown leather boots and re-work them, it will cost you at least $100.00 for the price of the boots and the cost of white dye and polish...not to mention the time it will take you to do them up right :huh:...I'd like to get a pair of these and re-work them...check them out...

http://shop.valleycountry.com.au/catalogue...y42/product1021

Hopefully this will help -- CaBoots has a store on eBay, which sells the exact same boots as on their website for $60 instead of $80.

Why the difference in price between their corporate site and their eBay storefront , I'm not entirely sure, but they're the exact same boots, directly from the manufacturer. I dunno if that puts you within your budget, but it saved me $20 and I wanted to pass it along.

Thanks Doug! Much appreciated! :)

yeah, if you want some spot on TK boots made from leather they are going to be priced at least 150.00 +, and I've herd quotes of $250.00 before :unsure: even if you buy some good quality brown leather boots and re-work them, it will cost you at least $100.00 for the price of the boots and the cost of white dye and polish...not to mention the time it will take you to do them up right :huh:...I'd like to get a pair of these and re-work them...check them out...

http://shop.valleycountry.com.au/catalogue...y42/product1021

Those are really nice. Just wondering though, in polishing/painting either brown or black boots, how well does the polish/paint hold up? How many troops can you get from a polishing? Anybody know?

Those are really nice. Just wondering though, in polishing/painting either brown or black boots, how well does the polish/paint hold up? How many troops can you get from a polishing? Anybody know?

I have no clue, I haven't done it yet, but I'm sure they will last as long as you take good care of them...If I'm not mistaken, I think Daetrin has a pair of re-worked TK boots :unsure:

I have no clue, I haven't done it yet, but I'm sure they will last as long as you take good care of them...If I'm not mistaken, I think Daetrin has a pair of re-worked TK boots :unsure:

Daetrin has these... http://www.barnstormers.co.uk/acatalog/SHI...HPUR_BOOTS.html

Except in black (I would assume).

Daetrin how did those work out for you?

Thanks Doug! Much appreciated! :)

No, sweat, man. happy to help. I'm dreading having to buy everybody's X-Mas presents this month, so I can defintielty relate to having to troop on a budget.

It's tough to be the compassionless foot-soldier of unmitigated tyranny when you have to clip coupons for blaster ammo.

I feel your pain. :P

Daetrin has these... http://www.barnstormers.co.uk/acatalog/SHI...HPUR_BOOTS.html

Except in black (I would assume).

Daetrin how did those work out for you?

Yes, mine came in black. I'm still trooping strong in them & they're still comfy I might add. Just so you know the boots mentioned in the original post shouldn't even be 501st accepted, though I know some GML's are more picky than others.

Yes, mine came in black. I'm still trooping strong in them & they're still comfy I might add. Just so you know the boots mentioned in the original post shouldn't even be 501st accepted, though I know some GML's are more picky than others.

Hey Paul--

I have a dumb question for you, if it's alright; what does GML stand for?

I lose track of all the acronyms around here. :blush:

Your GML is the person who will approve your costume for 501st membership. The exceptions to this rule are EU (Expanded Universe) costumes and Sith Lords, who are approved directly by the Legion Membership Officer.

I recently bought a pair of black leather boots and painted them. There is a link some where on this site showing how to paint boots, but basically its pretty easy to do but time consuming. First you get a leather shoe cleaner (just go to a cobbler and tell him what you are trying to do). The cleaner removes all wax from the leather. You can then rough up the leather a little with steel wool. Then you buy white leather shoe paint at the cobbler. You must spray the leather with very light coats. Wait for coat to dry and spray again. The paint dries very fast because you are using very thin coats. Thick coats take a long time to dry and also will wrinkle. I used 2 full cans of paint on my boots but they look great (yea yea Daetrin post pics I know and I will). You can then use white scuff remover to paint the cloth u-shaped area white. Ok the boots I bought I found at a used clothing store in Los Angeles. They are no longer available new. They were made by Rockport and I'm guessing new they were well over $100. The boots are in perfect condition, never worn, I got lucky. Unfortunately they are a size too big but I'm hoping they work out for me. If not I'll be selling them so some big footed trooper, LOL.

Personally... You can't go wrong with the ones on that Ebay auction....

I've heard some things about the newer CABoots...which kind of steered me away from the thought of buying them...and I'm really glld I made that decision.

You can't go wrong with them... and tons of members have been trooping in these boots for years.

They look like the knock-off Mark Chengs (Made by TheDisturbance) Awesome boots though and really cannot beat that price!!! Mark's were better quality though...