TK-6818 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status[51][AP*]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You will get this Ingird! And it is well deserved! As soon as you make it head on down to the Centurion Lounge-- Level 5 sublevel 113, right across from hangar bay 328. First rounds' on me! :duim:

3rd its just not in line. on your detailpic of it, you can see that its not flush and too high.

Ā 

It's not going to be in line, because I do not want it pointing off ot the trooper next to me :) If I made the armor I would fix it in the pull :P If that stops my status I'd rather just "look great" :D

Ā 

Ā 

5th its not that bad maybe just a bit more to get a snug fit

Ā 

If only I could lose weight off my hips and thighs instead of my arms and boobs! :rolleyes:

Ā 

Ā 

So I have to fix the thighs - for the fourth time. Damn I hate those !_*!_*@(U_!*(_@*@_*(#*(!@_!*!_*@#_*(@_* things. :6: So much for this happening before C6!

OMG, I love how I learn something new everyday. So I do NOT need to paint my tube stripes based on the requirements. Thanks jeebus. Because I can only imagine the smudging that would occur over time. Just so y'all know when it comes my time. There will be no painted tube stripes. Besides honestly - if I were to actually do it. I would do it straight and perfect, especially with the template. No offense to the Dave M decals but the tube stripes on it are a little TOO "wonky".

BTW how did you glue that on? did you heat shape it?

Ā 

I glued the hell out of the two corners, clamped that mofo for 24 hours, left tape on it for another few days... and so far it seems ok. It is not entirely flush in the front (about 1mm gap), though I am considering some shims if I can hide them well enough.

Ā 

I've got so much to do before CVI... but I am going to do those thighs tonight! I've been waiting for this moment too long!!! :D

Ā 

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback, advice, and encouragement :salute:

Ā 

Oh, and Keith, I actually want to hand-paint them, but I'll get to that after CVI in case I botch it. I love painting. If only I could make a living painting clone and Tk buckets... :D

Ā 

Here's my question now: Which lines to cut on - red or blue?

Ā 

backofthighs.jpg

Ā 

frontthigh.jpg

+1 great work,

Ā 

mods will take no time, nothing wrong with the knee plate.

Ā 

BTW how did you glue that on? did you heat shape it?

Ā 

Nothing wrong with the Sniperplate???????

Helloooo???!!!!!

How's this, peeps?

Ā 

IMG-20120813-00059.jpg

Ā 

Front left. It needs a little spit & polish, maybe a teeny trim at the bottom, but should be good to go, RIGHT!? RIGHT!??!!?!?

Ā 

IMG-20120813-00060.jpg

Ā 

This is the one where I have a problem. The right one is fine, also needs a little spit & polish but looks flush and decent.

Ā 

The left one, however... that is the way the pull is with that huge angle. The cover strip kind of covered it, but caused it to not be entirely flush. So I cut all the way up hoping it would be flush, but then the two knee ridges don't come together evenly at the bottom. They are like 3mm apart - not the gap, but one is raised and one is flat! So I shoved a shim in there to try to press it flat... but anyway now it's way too high and looks bad to me compared with the other one. (Frankly I think these all look bad, much prefer the cover strip all the way down. Ah well.) Also I clearly need to fill that gap with some paste and then spit & polish.

Ā 

* With the cover strip raised, can I cut a little more out of the back of the knee for comfort? It's my only armor bite area. *

Looks great, Ingird! That should pass muster now. I would be careful cutting any of the knee save you taking away detail but that's not up to me now is it?

Ā 

Also, I think the problem you are having with the sniper plate is that if the left side was glued on flush like the right side the sniper plate would be at a crooked angle to the calve. This seems to be a defect in the armor rather than you gluing it on wrong. In my professional opinion, I would rather have it be a little high on one side than be crooked. I mean what looks better in the long run? I wouldn't mess with that If I were you and I certainly don't recommend you being denied approval for that.

Edited by TK5492

Ā 

Heh... You said boobs.

Ā 

be nice sven. ease back... ease back.

Ā 

I'm filing this one away for a rainy forum day.

Ā 

Looking sharp Sister.

Ā 

Aloha,

Ā 

-Eric

I'm liking the cover strip mods. If you want to, feel free to take a v-shaped cut out from the back of the thighs and/or shins to prevent armour bites. It won't affect Centurion.

Ā 

Secondly, the sniper knee plate DOES sit too high. Let me illustrate. If it was sitting where it's supposed to, the two red lines I've drawn here would be just one red line by overlapping each other.frontthigh.jpg

Hey peeps, i AM nice.

Really i dont want anything bad to anybody but if something is CLEARLY not right i am not willing to say AWESUM!!!!

this thread is for people to show off there armor and get tips to make them even better than they re already.

So why gets everybody p..... Off when somebody points out some issues?

Its not personal just helping to get things straight.

Centurion and eib should be high standarts and not everything should be winked through just to be nice.

If you cant cope critic dont post here and defenetly dont ask for tips and critic.

My 2cent

Ā 

Left hand green

I realize that it sits too high. However, were she to reposition it, then either the left side would be too low or the sniper plate would sit crooked. Would you rather have it line up correctly and be at an angle to the calve?

This is what I mean:

Ā 

calve.jpg

Ā 

I have tried to show the angle I mean here.

Ā 

Dr. Senf, please don't interperet my disagreement as being combative. It is difficult on the internet to indicate tone, and I assure you I only wish to be as pleasant as possible while still getting my opinion across. :duim: