Hasbro E-11 conversion

gmrhodes13

Started to post some picks of my blaster build on the Terra Australis Garrison forum and thought I should post some here for outer towners :D

Purchased my blaster a while ago, just got my doopey add on bits.

CEu3gLp.jpg

Got most of my blaster bits together and separated the blaster with not a lot of damage. Going to put a few trick light bits into the blaster try to make it look more realistic when it fires. Also thinking of changing a few bits, length of barrel, trigger and guard.

CJlmBRX.jpg

Got a couple of bits done, trying to make the hasbro look more realistic, more for me than anyone else. End of sight done still needs final paint, trimmed down blaster, made new trigger and cover, glued on one side so I can still separate if I need to

FIZJocl.jpg

Trimmed off old pipe, cut and drill the correct size one and glue it into the Hasbro housing.

lieN1tp.jpg

And here fitted with a few of the doopy resign parts. Just waiting for my laser pointer to finish assembling the blaster then on to paint.

Af4POne.jpg

After finding power from the switch on the Hasbro was not as much as I wanted I decided to add and aditional swith which can take the full 3 volts and change the lights I was going to use highbright led's.

d7RCS96.jpg

Next after pulling apart my laser pointer I was left with the part identical size to what I needed to fit into the end of the blaster tip.

b4y8b0w.jpg

This is the lights and you can just make out the laser light on the board, works great in the dark, will give the illusion that who ever you are firing at has the blast showing on them.

2b5tthc.jpg

A couple more bits made and glued on the blaster, next it's time to fill, sand and get to painting.

dJJIfNu.jpg

Now in primer

gyBNfVQ.jpg

Next silver. Waiting for armor is like watching paint dry lol

NzI2ikN.jpg

Still have to bend the ends of the T Track before I can apply the black

Thanks, I forgot to take that picture, I cut the stock underneath between the holes and made and glued a piece of abs chanel a little longer than what was needed for strength. Then used bondo, sanded and got the dremel out to make some new holes underneath, was pretty easy once you know the right length needed.

Awesome! Thanks for showing us.

How did you go about extending the folding stock?

Going to be a long wait for the paint to dry, cold wet outside and the smell of paint inside :angry:

zrqnoy2.jpg

\

Putting up with the smell of paint all night was worth it rolleyes.gif blaster is dry and t tracks are glued on, now just have to experiment with a bit of weathering.

vfDLyJ4.jpg

Kept putting off weathering the blaster today, was a bit worried how it would look but I decided just to try weathering where it would be held and put down and kept, think it worked out ok. Hope its warm tomorrow and I can give it a clear satin coat to stop further weathering.

c43xldw.jpg

Last couple of pics with the satin clear coat, not very good quality pics need a better camera.

gLRUT6n.jpgG8qpTBi.jpg

KeKhr6r.jpg

Thanks, could have gone futher but think I would just do a complete scratch build if I did, it is cool to get the insides, blaster sounds and lights out of a hasbro. It is still very light so should hang well in the holster, unlike some metal builds. I am glad I added the laser in the front, looks cool at night when you shoot something :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok still bored and this waiting for armor is killing me lol, decided to make some stands for my blasters, made sure that I made them the same so it doesn't matter which blaster goes in which stand. May looking into some perspex stands down the track, with some name tags, TK numbers too I hope

Woodwork done, next on to some painting, got a can of charcoal hamerfinish left so I may as well use that, be a nice contrast to the blasters. Now wheres that primer gone???

zgxU8IY.jpg

• Like 1

Now I see where the satin clear coat does its magic! Great job.

Is it rear heavy or does it sink well into the holster?

Thanks, I just prefer the look you get with satin, just gives it that little bit extra. Both the hasbro and my pipe blaster sit pretty well in the holster, central and not rear heavy, the hasbro would be the heavier of the two, will have to get them weighed at some stage.

I have only tried it without armor, still waiting for mine to arrive, in jeans it stays central lol